92 members have voted

1. 1. When will we sign another player?

• Today
    • Tomorrow
    • By the end of the week
    • Before the end of pre-season
    • Before the end of the transfer window
    • Never

I'm getting bored of waiting for news of a new player, just wanted to know peoples opinions on when we're actually going to sign someone. I was wondering if the reason we haven't signed anyone yet is cos we would have to pay wages straight away, but while they're on trail nothing to be paid :lol:

I'm getting bored of waiting for news of a new player, just wanted to know peoples opinions on when we're actually going to sign someone. I was wondering if the reason we haven't signed anyone yet is cos we would have to pay wages straight away, but while they're on trail nothing to be paid :lol:

If we havent signed anyone yet then who are the names Smith, Mvoto, Ciask and Diamond everyone keeps mentioning?

We will sign I reckon upto 2 full time signings. Right now the premier league and championship clubs are looking at their youngsters for pre season and deciding who to keep and fight for the first team, who to keep in the reserves, and who to send out on loan. I Expect us to sign one or 2 of them at the beginning of August.

Weve also resigned Black, Morais, Reid.

Oh and yes the official sites star striker to sign article looks rather stupid now no more of these please.

Sorry should have put anyone else and you bring a fair point about the prem clubs, but I was meaning in the terms of these enws articles the offical keeps releasing, of which only Diamond is the only one to surface in the past few weeks.

Aparantly the Spanish trialist midfielder has signed. Marc de val Fernandez. 1 year deal. Will need all the international clearance an everything though. Should be announced by end of the week

If ste told you that then its probably :censored:e :lol: but i hope he does !

Aparantly the Spanish trialist midfielder has signed. Marc de val Fernandez. 1 year deal. Will need all the international clearance an everything though. Should be announced by end of the week

Is he the one from Real Madrid, and is he the one who played most of the Wigan game with Furman in the middle?

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

From today's Chron,

Dickov is hoping to bring in at least one and hopefully two new players by the end of the week, with a striker and central midfielder the priorities

From OS on 10th..

And the Latics manager indicated there are likely to be three new arrivals - hopefully one early this week followed by a further two by weekend.

Is he the one from Real Madrid, and is he the one who played most of the Wigan game with Furman in the middle?

Yes to both of them. He played at mosey aswel. Haven't seen him but apparantly everything is two touch football with him. Does the simple things well and a very tidy player

Does that mean he is the more attacking of the midfield pair or will Furman be pushed forward more?

from The Real Madrid translated website

Marc is an expert at keeping attackers at bay. He supplies the team with his common sense and pausity. He is very competitive and always helps his team-mates out. Marc is good in aerial games and fair at serving short passes. He strengthens the team's midfield with his sense of order.

I've always said we needed a midfielder with pausity....

Edited by astottie

from The Real Madrid translated website

Marc is an expert at keeping attackers at bay. He supplies the team with his common sense and pausity. He is very competitive and always helps his team-mates out. Marc is good in aerial games and fair at serving short passes. He strengthens the team's midfield with his sense of order.

I've always said we needed a midfielder with pausity....

Ah.. Paucity (to give it it's proper spelling) - if you look it up in a dictionary it gives you the following:

"when there is too little of something" :shock:

So what's that all about?

Our next signing........

Excerpt from the Oldham Chronicle July21st 2040.

Oldham Athletic PLC manager Mendi Royle today announced the signing of Aaron Scholes. Scholes, who has enjoyed 17 years of success with Manchester City, including 7 Champions League titles and one World cup winners medal said 'I always said I'd play for my boyhood club before I retired, and I didn't want to miss out and make the mistake my dad did 30 years ago.' The signing is a major coup for the Rymans League club who announced plans to move away from Boundary Park this week. CEO Barry Owen, said 'we just can't go on playing in a stadium with only two stands any longer, hopefully Aarons signature will bring the fans through the door'