Potential investor?

Coventry fans were really positive about Ranson even though very little happened whilst he was there and squad strengthening wasn't the most ambitious.

He lost around £1 million when he left them but there were talks that he had an investment fund of around £40-£50 million for the right club - unsure if this mostly disappeared whilst at Coventry and if that amount came from a company called Sisu rather than Ranson himself.

Definitely more a facilitator regarding investment into and development of clubs rather than having the financial wealth himself (although he's worth around £60 million I understand).

I'm just cautious if we are mortgaging off our players because replacing Blitz as the main creditor could well force us into another firesale of our assets and we never recovered from the last one under Dowie. However if it means he can bring in someone willing to fund and is patient regarding a return then it can only be positive. Could also mean that we could entice some decent players with Ranson's connections.

Our type of club would be a great purchase for a very rich arab-type. Small investment, massive scope for development, ROI through stadium development and future earnings at Championship/Prem level, ability to entice MCFC/MUFC fans with affordable football if we could acquire their youth/reserve players to develop and running costs to operate the project at a much lower scale than Prem/Championship teams. They would need to patient but the money to fund this wouldn't even register a dent in their wealth.

Although we have had to sell a couple of players, we simply do not know how much they went for, just supposition.

I donlt see any evidence of any firesale, indeed we have held onto our assets by and large this seaon, adn invested n the like of Mvoto and Diamond.

Why build my hopes up then being smashed back down again? I'd rather just wait to see if it happens or not which it probably wont

Because it comes with the terroity of supporting Latics, we do it every week when talking about a match. Does that mean you never make predictions?

Because it comes with the terroity of supporting Latics, we do it every week when talking about a match. Does that mean you never make predictions?

I do make predictions and most of the time I'm spot on lose win or draw not exact score ! All I'm saying that it's unlikely the person in question is going to invest