Potential investor?

Still in work so not been able to make tonight but just had a texy from a mate in tha Main Stand who said Corney was showing Ray Ransom around..

To be fair it's the first time I've started what probably is a nothingness thread but boredom has made me post it.

Still in work so not been able to make tonight but just had a texy from a mate in tha Main Stand who said Corney was showing Ray Ransom around..

To be fair it's the first time I've started what probably is a nothingness thread but boredom has made me post it.

Believe it or not he's a relative of mine, a distant one who none of my immediate family have had any contact with in years.

Wasnt he skint tho and nearly took coventry under?

According to Wikipedia: Ranson's playing career ended due to injury in 1995. A year later he took a job working for Benfield Greig, the insurance company owned by Chelsea director Matthew Harding. Ranson invested heavily in the company, and sold his stake for several million pounds in 2002. He then started a venture funding football transfers on a sale and leaseback basis, including several deals with then Leeds United chairman Peter Ridsdale.

In recent years, Ranson has taken an interest in taking over a football club. Ranson twice headed a consortium in unsuccessful attempt to purchase Aston Villa. The first bid £30 million in April 2004, and the second takeover attempt was valued at £45 million. In April 2007, he then bid an offer of what is thought to be £90million to buy former club Manchester City. However, on 30 May 2007, he pulled out of the proposed takeover bid of Manchester City after failing to come to an agreement with the then board.

In October 2007, Ranson attempted to take over Southampton on behalf of hedge fund company SISU; however in December 2007 Ranson completed a deal to take over Coventry City, with just 30 minutes before the club was set to go into administration.

Maybe you haven't. As Ranson is resigning at Coventry he may be on the lookout for another club. However in the past he has looked at much bigger clubs than us with more potential. But you never know.

Maybe you haven't. As Ranson is resigning at Coventry he may be on the lookout for another club. However in the past he has looked at much bigger clubs than us with more potential. But you never know.

Been confirmed he's there so I feel my post has been vindicated at least

I'm cautious about this.

Ranson's company, Sports Asset Capital, provides funding to clubs in return for a percentage of the income from future player sales. With interest in Taylor gathering pace and the likes of Winchester being touted as our next saleable asset, is SC hocking the family silver for immediate cashflow?

However as Ranson's left Coventry then he may want to take a more hands-on role with another football club. That said, there are questions over an alleged loan he gave Cardiff and this brings into doubt whether he can take ownership or part ownership of another club. The same happened when Blitz had to cancel a loan to QPR.

Where's John Wardle these days?!

Edited by Midsblue

I'm cautious about this.

Ranson's company, Sports Asset Capital, provides funding to clubs in return for a percentage of the income from future player sales. With interest in Taylor gathering pace and the likes of Winchester being touted as our next saleable asset, is SC hocking the family silver for immediate cashflow?

However as Ranson's left Coventry then he may want to take a more hands-on role with another football club. That said, there are questions over an alleged loan he gave Cardiff and this brings into doubt whether he can take ownership or part ownership of another club. The same happened when Blitz had to cancel a loan to QPR.

Where's John Wardle these days?!

Coventry haven't had much to spend whilst he's been their

Immediately after the final whistle a bloke was walking down Furtherwood Road on his own, suit and tie, mobile phone to his ear.

I clearly heard him say the words "investment required". No idea if it was Ranson or not. Didn't hear any more of what was said as as I was heading the other way.

Immediately after the final whistle a bloke was walking down Furtherwood Road on his own, suit and tie, mobile phone to his ear.

I clearly heard him say the words "investment required". No idea if it was Ranson or not. Didn't hear any more of what was said as as I was heading the other way.

We saw the exact same bloke who had quite a posh accent who mentioned Ray in his conversation on the phone...

Bloke next to me in the Chaddy (next as in one row back, 14 seats away) told me he had spoken to someone he knew at the club this morning who told him the board was expecting Ray Ranson tonight. Interesting

Coventry fans were really positive about Ranson even though very little happened whilst he was there and squad strengthening wasn't the most ambitious.

He lost around £1 million when he left them but there were talks that he had an investment fund of around £40-£50 million for the right club - unsure if this mostly disappeared whilst at Coventry and if that amount came from a company called Sisu rather than Ranson himself.

Definitely more a facilitator regarding investment into and development of clubs rather than having the financial wealth himself (although he's worth around £60 million I understand).

I'm just cautious if we are mortgaging off our players because replacing Blitz as the main creditor could well force us into another firesale of our assets and we never recovered from the last one under Dowie. However if it means he can bring in someone willing to fund and is patient regarding a return then it can only be positive. Could also mean that we could entice some decent players with Ranson's connections.

Our type of club would be a great purchase for a very rich arab-type. Small investment, massive scope for development, ROI through stadium development and future earnings at Championship/Prem level, ability to entice MCFC/MUFC fans with affordable football if we could acquire their youth/reserve players to develop and running costs to operate the project at a much lower scale than Prem/Championship teams. They would need to patient but the money to fund this wouldn't even register a dent in their wealth.

Our type of club would be a great purchase for a very rich arab-type. Small investment, massive scope for development, ROI through stadium development and future earnings at Championship/Prem level, ability to entice MCFC/MUFC fans with affordable football if we could acquire their youth/reserve players to develop and running costs to operate the project at a much lower scale than Prem/Championship teams. They would need to patient but the money to fund this wouldn't even register a dent in their wealth.

i have been saying that for along time.. why isnt dickov using is city connections to bring in their youngsters we are constently hearing about how their youth academy is the best in the country??

slighty off the subject i know :grin: