latics v burnley tonight

rubbish! Reid put in a shift tonight and if his judgment off flicks was better then he would get criticized

people need to forget last season, in the 2 games Ive seen he's worked hard and seems to have had a change in attitude

I have forgot last season, he played well and actually put a shift in on Saturday but tonight he was his normal self again

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have forgot last season, he played well and actually put a shift in on Saturday but tonight he was his normal self again

I have to disagree Lee, he was first to the ball many times, held it up well and showed some neat skills too.

Persevere with him and I think he will do well this season.

any competitive game he'd have got booked, for every time he lost the ball and tackled. when he has the ball he looks ok and to pass it but as he is now, i'd only have him as back up. that's not me saying he's rubbish, just i don't think he had a great game tonight but i can see why dickov would want to sign him

His style of play could be essential to the team shape Dickov has created.

Smith was awesome tonight too bad he has that lazy bastard Reid upfront with him. If we get a rapid striker upfront with smith it would be a match made in heaven!

Harsh on Reid. He chased down alot, and at one point even sprinted back 50 yards to track their right midfielder

thought Reid did well first half, quiet 2nd but looks a lot fitter than last season (although that wouldnt be difficult). Smith won everything in the air, really impressed with the lad. The back 4 looked solid both halves and Diamond looked like he could make a good partnership with Mvoto, Furman was class and Taylor and Morais looked sharp. thought that Marc lad was solid without being spectacular (could be an alright signing)

spanish lad did better than we think. for furman to play that box-2-box he has to be comfortable with the holding cm colleague. excellent ball retention just needed to be a little more involved, as some have said the step up from level 3 in spain will be tough especially the change in tempo but defiantely persivere there

I'd much prefer a small fast striker than Reid. Reid never anticipated and of smiths flick ons and was very slow to react

it wasn't just reid, it was taylor, morais, millar who we always a step behind the ball because they never knew where smith was going to put it. get the whole team working together and that will fix itself though. if dickov sees smith as a starter in every game then he'll get better and his headers and flick ons will make chances IF the rest of the team read them.

Thought Reid worked his socks off tonight no way was he lazy,people need to stop fkin wingeing and get behind him a decent partnership developing with smith but needs time ,they have only been together a couple of games for christ sake,back off.

I also thought that Reid put in a shift - maybe someone a bit more nimble and pacey would probably work best with Smiffy up top though but i'd like to be eating my words after they've paired up for a few more games. I thought that Marc seemed like he'd fit in quite well, work rate was excellent and the amount of running done by him and Furman must of seemed like we had 3 or 4 centre mids at times. Thought we defended well too but needed a bit more communication between M'Voto & Diamond on occasion which will come with time - all in all a promising performance.

Thought Reid worked his socks off tonight no way was he lazy,people need to stop fkin wingeing and get behind him a decent partnership developing with smith but needs time ,they have only been together a couple of games for christ sake,back off.

Wilsonjunior likes this

one other thing i'd say is millar looked more up for it and that he'd toughened up when he came on. could be good to replace morais on the first day when he's banned

Interesting that as i thought he was poor tonight. he looks a bit more filled out that when he first came in to the team but seems to have lost the 2 main attributes he had then, 1) a burst of pace and 2) an ability to deliver the ball early in to the box. I thought he didn't stay out wide enough and when he did he didn't anticipate what the excellent Lee was going to do. Hope you are right and I am wrong but I don't think he will make much of a contribution this season before being shown the door.

Bollock Lee

I have been one of Reids biggest critics but he looked 1000 times better last night , he's shifted some weight even since Mossley,

He run into every channel for Smith and also tracked back when Morais was out of position , I bet you wasnt slagging Morais off was you when he was too tired to go and help Winchester out ?

Reid was a just short of getting on numerous flick ons last night, When he starts reading and getting used to where Smiths flick ons are going I think its going to be great.

I'd sign "marc" up now . He isnt flash or spectacular but does a tidy job and it allowed Furman to have the freedom, he knows how to put a tackle in as well.

Thought Winchester had a really encouraging first half aswell.

Burnley were horrible , to say it was a friendly they were flying in all over the show, that number 6 was :censored:e !

p.s. Morais "Flip flap" first half was sexy !!

Razz each to there own. He didn't impress me like he did on Saturday . Just like people say the left back on trial was good :lol:

Maybe he will change my mind on Saturday but until then he is he same Reid from last season.

Reid this pre season is absolutely nowhere near the over weight abject player he was last season. He works more in the first five minutes of games than he did the entire match last season. Last night he even recieved an ovation from the crowd for tracking back and winning the ball. Which he acknowledged with a thumbs up to the crowd. Take off your mind set blinkers and give credit where it's due. I am not saying he's a world beater but defo tried to get fit for his last chance saloon deal.

Really enjoyed it last night - and I thought we played very well for large patches. I'd echo what most (sensible IMO) posters have said re: Reid - I couldn't believe the difference in him since Mossley; let alone last season. I thought he had a very good game TBH; and his partnership with the impressive Matt Smith will only get better the more they play together.

Very impressed with Diamond & M'Voto at the heart of the team - Zander dominated last night and M'Voto picked up where he left off last season; they both look to have quickly adjusted to each others game and that partnership looks rock solid on that showing.

Furman was my MOM (closely followed by Smith) - and I think our team shape & Furman's box-to-box style from last night all hinge on a deep lying /sitting CM partner for him; a job the Spanish Lad did very well IMO.

I think we should be signing him, he's cotton'd on quickly & got to grips with the difference in standard of game....he looked a far better prospect than when I last saw him at Mossley.

He really put his foot in last night; which was really good to see, was composed on the ball and without ever looking for a 'hollywood' pass; kept us ticking over. I also like to see a CM come and show for the ball when our defence has possession; and this Marc lad did that all game. Furman was outstanding IMO; and a large part of that was down to this lad ditting and mopping up; allowing Furman to roam, press, tackle, burst forward and generally dominate the midfield.

I was very impressed, and with 1 or 2 very shrewd additions in the time left in the window; I think we'll be more than alright this season.

Finally; as for Burnley - to be expected after their Masters showing; but they have possibly the biggest set of knuckle-dragging fans I've seen.....and on the pitch, it was hard to tell who was suppose to be the Championship side. They had plenty of players missing (Bikey, Rodrigez, Edgar etc were all sat near me not even in playing kit) but they looked poor, and for a friendly; were unessessarily dirty (though I liked the 'edge' the game had to it because of that)

All in all - roll on Aug 6th!!!!!