latics v burnley tonight

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its certainly starting to look that way isnt it? Maybe they're waiting for international clearance/work permit/etc....?

I thought as an EU citizen you dont need a permit?

Edited by pukka

Its certainly starting to look that way isnt it? Maybe they're waiting for international clearance/work permit/etc....?

i thought the same,only trialist to play all friendlys...by all accounts looks decent enough so fingers crossed....

He dont need a work permit, i wonder if we havent signed him as saves us money until he signs, plus he might be looking at us as me as we are at him

I havent been any friendlies, a 5 half hour round trip to a friendly is a bit mad for me, but i will be there 1st game of season and at yeovil :grin:

He was ok on saturday. Not spectacular by any means, but looked to pass the ball. Made sure we kept it and wanted the ball. Looked very tired from about half time and I'd say he looks a way off the first team fitness wise.

Edited by pukka

He won't need a work permit but he might need international clearance (i.e. the FA waiting for an International Transfer Certificate (ITC) from the Spanish FA).

Or it could be that we're desperately negotiating to agree terms.

good game, but Burnley weren't as good as i thought they'd be. could be down to diamond (who looks very good) and m'voto keeping patterson and austin quiet.

good team performance but not much attacking threat apart from smith who won 95% of headers he went for and directed them. spent a whole season aiming balls like that at tounkara and smith does it a whole lot better. train him carefully, get the team knowing where to run onto his flickons and he COULD be very good.

number 4 (fernandez?) likes a tackle but from that performance wouldnt have him as furman's partner

Why out of curiosity? Burnley are no mugs nor Blackpool so a massive leap from C team footy in Spain. Fact hes played in all three games suggests hes staying or seriously being considered.

According to Carlton macintosh tonight he signed the forms etc to sign on. I thought Fernandez was quality too

Smith was awesome tonight too bad he has that lazy bastard Reid upfront with him. If we get a rapid striker upfront with smith it would be a match made in heaven!

rubbish! Reid put in a shift tonight and if his judgment off flicks was better then he would get criticized

people need to forget last season, in the 2 games Ive seen he's worked hard and seems to have had a change in attitude

Everyone played well again, Smith won virtually everything in the air and the centre back pairing look to have established a very good understanding.

Of the others the new keeper didn't have much to do so its hard to tell how good he is.

Winchester made some great breaks forward

Black was steady

The midfield trialist was composed and passed the ball well

Furman dominated

Taylor was back to his best

Morais was Morais

Reid worked hard enough I thought and showed a lot of skill.

Subs;

Lee took over where Winchester left off

Miller tracked back well.

All in all a good team shape and quite promising.

Edited by BP1960

Why out of curiosity? Burnley are no mugs nor Blackpool so a massive leap from C team footy in Spain. Fact hes played in all three games suggests hes staying or seriously being considered.

any competitive game he'd have got booked, for every time he lost the ball and tackled. when he has the ball he looks ok and to pass it but as he is now, i'd only have him as back up. that's not me saying he's rubbish, just i don't think he had a great game tonight but i can see why dickov would want to sign him