LATICS STAYInG AT BP

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i honestly cant see them moving the pitch....far too much work to do that for say next seaon,plus the cost as well...would need to ground share,and develop chaddy end and rre at same time..wont happen...

why ?

build north stand 70yds back from current stand cand be done at will & not affect ability to play games .build extended part of rre at same time the close season demolish small section and alter roof of rre .pitch could of been laid at anytime during construction so can be turned at this point at end of season in 2/3 years time as isnt going to be end of this one once the NANAS of this town get going to slow or stop it .chaddy and main stand can then be demolished and redeveloped at will .

cost

i see the figure of £7m being banded about St Marys stadium cost £1k per seat so 4500 north stand and 1300 extra seats in an extend large section of the rre gives 9500 from 2 stands.would only nee a further 5500 seats from redeveloped chaddy and main to give us a good size ground of 16000

thoughts

all of the above is just conjecture and dreaming think what we may end up with is something similar to whats being built for salford city reds at barton 12000 capacity one huge stand 3 small identikit stands .exept in our case 2 small identikit stands to replace chaddy and main .

Geothermal would work ANYWHERE its only the size of a plot that limits the output ie length of pipe I am fairly certain companies could at least give it once over and save THOUSANDS. Its the depth that is constant output. CIS in Manchester is the big user of panels and turbines?. Fairly sure ASDA have them being built into new stores as efficient simply worth a look. A BIG array of panels is when you can produce lots of energy. EON will only fit to houses with more than 24 sq metres of roof within 15 degrees of south facing... Thats not a factor on a fairly large roof. Worth a look...as COULD generate income.

Blue and Orange on my phone.

I believe we could be pioneers once again, which we have a bit of history for.

THe economies of scale for this sort of thing are beginning to kick in.

I happen to have contacts for a huge distribution depot that was built as carbon neutral using this sort of thing.

Major savings for them for the largest catering supplier in the country.

I am going to contact Simon regarding this.

Most of it was just clever design not major expense

I don't think the pitch needs rotating at all. A new 'north stand' has been talked about been having a 5,700 capacity? that takes it to over 16,000 without anything else needing to be done which is plenty for us.

The current main stand doesn't extend down all of the side of the pitch so there is more room to increase capacity that way, plus the sides of the upper tier don't have seats because of the restricted views.

We can always build the corners as well should we need further capacity in the future but for now a new stand is fine for us.

From what I have read the money has to be spent on the new stand, not sure the other amigos will get any.

As for moving the pitch etc are people daft? We are skint, this redevelopment will be done as cheaply as possible within reason. They won't be extending the only decent stand we have. The RRE just needs some more bars and its more than fine. Council are paying for the new main stand with all the facilities, 'we' do the chaddy up and stick a temp stand on the george hill until we have more funds.

A new stand may well increase the chance of other investment, perhaps even Corney's mates coming back in?

Can see your concerns but think you will find we need new FULL planning permission NOW... If you can find a passed planning application thats still valid? I cant. Can find withdrawn applications.

I fail to see how you can get planning permission and then move the building 50 yards further away. These things are fairly specific.

Not seen this posted so apologies if it has but there's a two minute interview with Simon on here;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14325222.stm

Interesting that he says some of the money will be going to Blitz and Gazal, and that a stand that would generate income would cost around £7 Million.

Simon Corney said that the Council plan would go ‘some way to helping us start the development’.

‘The majority of the money would go back towards paying my partners for the land at Failsworth.’

‘There won’t be a great deal left to build a stand.’

Simon also mentioned a figure of £6m to £7m to build a stand that included all the facilities. As well as the usual conferencing and banqueting, he also mentioned the possibility of a min-supermarket, a gymnasium, and perhaps a little bit of retail.

Given that Simon has stated that the Failsworth land cost around £3m, and the current figures being mentioned are slightly inaccurate, it would suggest that the club would end up with around £2m at the most. That’s a decent deposit on a new stand, but still leaves the club needing to raise around £4m to £5m just to complete a new main stand.

Hopefully more details will emerge next week.

personally don't see the point in rotating the pitch. i agree that the RRE is the best stand at the moment but for me, and probably Corney and his planners, it'd cost too much and bee too much effort.

what we could do though, is build the 'North Stand' for Home Supporters, knock down the Current Main Stand and put up one of those 600k temporary stands to hold Away Fans for half/all of the stand. Like what Blackpool have done, but then it means that if there were posts, us home supporters wouldnt have to suffer or move all the time, and it gives us the RRE for all home games. Or even, keep the RRE for home and away supporters, but if away support is too big, give them the Sheepfoot Lane stand and let us have both goals, which would create a better atmosphere IMO. Put the TV cameras there too and it looks like a stadium full of OAFC fans.

Thoughts?

why ?

build north stand 70yds back from current stand cand be done at will & not affect ability to play games .build extended part of rre at same time the close season demolish small section and alter roof of rre .pitch could of been laid at anytime during construction so can be turned at this point at end of season in 2/3 years time as isnt going to be end of this one once the NANAS of this town get going to slow or stop it .chaddy and main stand can then be demolished and redeveloped at will .

cost

i see the figure of £7m being banded about St Marys stadium cost £1k per seat so 4500 north stand and 1300 extra seats in an extend large section of the rre gives 9500 from 2 stands.would only nee a further 5500 seats from redeveloped chaddy and main to give us a good size ground of 16000

thoughts

How long do you think it would take to get planning permission for that? All the NIMBY's will be out fighting it, and it could potentially go on for a few years, which the club don't have anymore unless some very rich investor comes in

why ?

cost

thoughts

I don't understand this obsession some seem to have with rotating the pitch. look at the down sides ffs;

- It creates more work to be done to the RRE when keeping it as is means it needs minor redevelopment possibly none at all!

- The Chaddy would need completely demolishing(!) and rebuilding closer to the pitch when keeping it the same would mean maybe only a new roof and facilities built behind.

- Planning permission is required yet again with a new stand much closer to current residents.

It's completely unecessarilly spending money that we don't even have and increasing the potential for problems along the way with an extra stand needing to be built from scratch and an increased chance of the 'new lookers' being rejected. Why would you want to create more problems in a process that as we all are well aware is full of them already? If it's a question of capacity, consider what the capacity can be anyway with a new mainstand and new lookers. The Chaddy holds 3k? The RRE holds 4600 meaning we have 7600 between the two. The main stand holds around 2500 right now doesn't it? So if we had a similar 2 tiered design spanning the length of the pitch (we already know there is space for that) then it is increased to maybe 4000 in capacity. So between the 3 stands you have 11600. That means the new lookers stand only needs to hold 4400 (which i'm fairly sure it will do as I assume it's going to be the feature point of the stadium) to reach the opriginal 16k capacity that was talked about. Then you still have the potential to redevelop the Chaddy when needed or add another tier to the RRE (which I believe it was designed for). This way we spend less money, take less risk to stall part way through the project with 3 stands (AGAIN) and makes getting planning permission more likely.

How long do you think it would take to get planning permission for that? All the NIMBY's will be out fighting it, and it could potentially go on for a few years, which the club don't have anymore unless some very rich investor comes in

nimbys havent got a leg to stand on over just a new stand...they are not resurecting the original plan of the 80 million scheme,which included all those flats n the like...there is already a footprint of a stand there,so to obtain permission for just a new one,with added extras wont be so much of a problem.

yes people can moan,but there used to be a stand there,so there moaning will be unjustified and wont have any effect whatso ever

I don't understand this obsession some seem to have with rotating the pitch. look at the down sides ffs;

- It creates more work to be done to the RRE when keeping it as is means it needs minor redevelopment possibly none at all!

- The Chaddy would need completely demolishing(!) and rebuilding closer to the pitch when keeping it the same would mean maybe only a new roof and facilities built behind.

- Planning permission is required yet again with a new stand much closer to current residents.

It's completely unecessarilly spending money that we don't even have and increasing the potential for problems along the way with an extra stand needing to be built from scratch and an increased chance of the 'new lookers' being rejected. Why would you want to create more problems in a process that as we all are well aware is full of them already? If it's a question of capacity, consider what the capacity can be anyway with a new mainstand and new lookers. The Chaddy holds 3k? The RRE holds 4600 meaning we have 7600 between the two. The main stand holds around 2500 right now doesn't it? So if we had a similar 2 tiered design spanning the length of the pitch (we already know there is space for that) then it is increased to maybe 4000 in capacity. So between the 3 stands you have 11600. That means the new lookers stand only needs to hold 4400 (which i'm fairly sure it will do as I assume it's going to be the feature point of the stadium) to reach the opriginal 16k capacity that was talked about. Then you still have the potential to redevelop the Chaddy when needed or add another tier to the RRE (which I believe it was designed for). This way we spend less money, take less risk to stall part way through the project with 3 stands (AGAIN) and makes getting planning permission more likely.

The old Oldham Arena had plans for a new South Stand to be rebuilt into a single-tier structure with an estimated capacity of about 3,000.

nimbys havent got a leg to stand on over just a new stand...they are not resurecting the original plan of the 80 million scheme,which included all those flats n the like...there is already a footprint of a stand there,so to obtain permission for just a new one,with added extras wont be so much of a problem.

yes people can moan,but there used to be a stand there,so there moaning will be unjustified and wont have any effect whatso ever

They haven't got a leg to stand on for four new stands, let alone just one. Last time round they were objecting to it because of the 8 floor high flats.

They haven't got a leg to stand on for four new stands, let alone just one. Last time round they were objecting to it because of the 8 floor high flats.

IF we change the set out of the stadium they will kick out a fuss. Just out of principal.

When it comes down to it, if they can bankrupt the club and get rid of the ground it is financially prude for the locals. So they'll give it a go if we turn the pitch around.

They look great, and if we could get a stadium like that I think we'd all be happy. But I can't see anything other than a new north stand, like the one you've got, and maybe a revamped chaddy and single tier cheap structure on furtherwood road.

Not to say I won't be possibly designing my own idea, if I mangage to get round to it

Look, I'll just happy to see something positive happen. If we get a new main stand built then that is great. We are a cash strapped club. We have very limited options. Lets, hopefully, celebrate some positive news and potential for progress!

I'm sure I have read somewhere that the money from the Council HAD to go towards the new stand, is that not right? I have read the council report, may have been in there somewhere.

I can't see the council just giving us the cash to do as we please as Corney could just put it in his back pocket and keep the status quo.

I think the bigger problem will be people who live in the town but don't support the club (most notably Rugby fans) whinging about their taxes going towards a private business

Edited by Tommy_Fent