Staying At BP - Some idiots on here

Been reading various posts on here about staying at BP with the help from the council and i have 1 question

ARE YOU ALL FOR REAL?? Complaining about little things like the main stand, chaddy end well i wanted a new ground....

As it stands at the moment the club is dying! this is a fact

Crowds -DOWN

Ground Falling Apart - down to 3 stands

Playing Budget - Dropping

Owners - Down to 1

No site for a new ground

No money for a new ground

There is 1 way to stop all this, a new ground or to redevelop BP, look at every club with a new ground in the lower leagues, bigger crowds = bigger playing budgets, better corporate facilities = better playing budget and better revenue streams = better playing budget

Dont get me wrong i dont believe or trust the council but the site at the Lancaster Club is worth £0! FACT you cant build on it! You cant get planning permission it was only worth £5m as they knew we needed it and there was no other site in oldham. Land is only worth what someone is prepared to pay and no one apart from the council wants it!!

Another point, the 3 Amigos charge all the purchases back to the club in Loans the £5m they paid for the Lancaster club was a loan, if the council put a clause in that means they have to spend that money on the ground and not in their own pocket surely a positive.

Yeah the main stand is falling down but if we have a new main stand with everything in it, bars, betting shop, new club shop, hotel, gym and anything else then the club will be making so much more than they do now.

If your an invester would you rather put money into Chesterfield or Oldham? Simple Chesterfield as they have a brand new ground and last year got a better attendance than us.....yeah nearly 7000 every week. No invester wants to take a club on that the first job is to build or redevelop a stadium

If this is an option i would snap the councils hand off. It means the club will not be in league 2 in 2 years or even the conference, you say it cant happen look at the conference, stockport!! in the conference wasnt that long ago they were in the championship (div 1 at the time) bradford and swindon in league 2 ex prem teams

Lets get real this could save our club and bring in revenues that mean the main stand may just turn into a small seating stand and the chaddy can be rebuilt, money brings money and at the moment we dont have any. Look at Blackpool built their ground up from a :censored: hole to a nice ground with 3 brilliant stands and 1 temp stand. Bloomfield road is 10 times better ground than boundary park and there development was done before the prem money came.

GET BEHIND THIS DONT SLAG IT OFF

Been reading various posts on here about staying at BP with the help from the council and i have 1 question

ARE YOU ALL FOR REAL?? Complaining about little things like the main stand, chaddy end well i wanted a new ground....

As it stands at the moment the club is dying! this is a fact

Crowds -DOWN

Ground Falling Apart - down to 3 stands

Playing Budget - Dropping

Owners - Down to 1

No site for a new ground

No money for a new ground

There is 1 way to stop all this, a new ground or to redevelop BP, look at every club with a new ground in the lower leagues, bigger crowds = bigger playing budgets, better corporate facilities = better playing budget and better revenue streams = better playing budget

Dont get me wrong i dont believe or trust the council but the site at the Lancaster Club is worth £0! FACT you cant build on it! You cant get planning permission it was only worth £5m as they knew we needed it and there was no other site in oldham. Land is only worth what someone is prepared to pay and no one apart from the council wants it!!

Another point, the 3 Amigos charge all the purchases back to the club in Loans the £5m they paid for the Lancaster club was a loan, if the council put a clause in that means they have to spend that money on the ground and not in their own pocket surely a positive.

Yeah the main stand is falling down but if we have a new main stand with everything in it, bars, betting shop, new club shop, hotel, gym and anything else then the club will be making so much more than they do now.

If your an invester would you rather put money into Chesterfield or Oldham? Simple Chesterfield as they have a brand new ground and last year got a better attendance than us.....yeah nearly 7000 every week. No invester wants to take a club on that the first job is to build or redevelop a stadium

If this is an option i would snap the councils hand off. It means the club will not be in league 2 in 2 years or even the conference, you say it cant happen look at the conference, stockport!! in the conference wasnt that long ago they were in the championship (div 1 at the time) bradford and swindon in league 2 ex prem teams

Lets get real this could save our club and bring in revenues that mean the main stand may just turn into a small seating stand and the chaddy can be rebuilt, money brings money and at the moment we dont have any. Look at Blackpool built their ground up from a :censored: hole to a nice ground with 3 brilliant stands and 1 temp stand. Bloomfield road is 10 times better ground than boundary park and there development was done before the prem money came.

Chill out......nobody's slagging anything off it's a forum and people have opinions just like you!!!

<snip snip>

I WANT A RANT FOR MY 11th POST :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Its a forum - for debate - people have differing opinions on the ground move / stay at BP debate; all should be considered on merit. Shouting & balling doesnt make your point any better......

To those that are going to Fleetwood on saturday , take a look at the new stand they have ,cost £4 mil and is a catalyst for evrything that is going on at a club that a few yearsd ago were an amature club with crowds of 150 ,they have created a thriving club that is now profesional both on and off the pitch. The revenue generated is alowing them to plan the next phase of the ground and develop the club to gain league status.

We already have one decent stand the RRE, this would make a second with the ability to raise the neede revnue and interest to develop the next phase. Living in Blackpool i know it took the Oystons over 15years to get the first two stands redeveloped the third took another 3 seasons and the final stand is a work in progress,as revenue grew from the initial rebuild by renting space to the locan council,NHS ect they have been able to increase spending on the playing budget culminating in reaching the premier league and financial stability for years.Simon should take a look at them as a template for what can be acheived from building one stand at a time.

Yeah it did, hold's 2000 fans then it has alot of excutive boxes.

It also has a function room.

http://www.highburystadium.co.uk/parkside-suite.html

Anyhow, Latics will hopefully have more than the councils £5.7m. Corney says we'll hopefully also have a funding partner.

From the OS article, "However if we get this initial support from the Council next week, we will have a platform upon which to build and which we can take forward in our discussions with a funding partner for a redeveloped and sustainable stadium".

If somone's in the wings waiting to pay for it and a hotel attached ect then it's happy days, if not it's going to change nothing truth be told.

There is already an hotel next to the ground - The Premier Inn.

I agree to an extent LL but to be a success it has to get good occupancy by filling a gap on the Market

If there is more demand for premier inn style then that should be the aim, that is unlikely.

Wedding hotels generally need the nice grounds for the photos and be quite nearby to the ceremony location and do their own too.

They are much more labour intesive and costly to set up and too often empty so a non starter for me

There are more profitable ventures I am sure.

It does sound like SC has a plan and has an investor for such a project, I wonder if that was the sme that stopped so abruptly after the Failsworth announncement.

Sorry iphone wont allow me to sctoll, edit and is minute text!

Edited by singe