Josh Parker Signs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the OS he "offsets the loss of Warren Feeney". Talk about damning the poor sod with faint praise.

Is this more a case of direct replacement, i.e. one out and one in, so we're still likely to bring in another striker still?

That elusive "star" striker perhaps ahead of K/O tomorrow?! :wink:

Not much pressure on him then eh!

He's already scored 2X the amount of goals Feeney has in the Reserves and First team!

Great signing, very happy with this. Wish him all the best in the Blue and White shirt and I think he may do well this Season and make progress.

Well done Dickov, up the Blues.

Edited by SholverBlue

Welcome Josh. We've lacked pace for a while, so that's a welcome addition. I just hope that the moaners don't expect miracles from the kid the minute he steps over the white line. He has to settle in, as does Smith. They are both young, raw and inexperienced and they will make mistakes. But under PD's tuition, who knows how good they might become?

Exciting times, methinks. Social enterprise opportunity - mass manufacturing of gags for certain sections of BP the first time either of them misplace a pass or hit one into the crowd.

Andrews, but this lad doesn't need glasses.

He can hit a barn door with the ball unlike Andrews and he doesn't go diving everywhere, just scares defenders to death.

Ian G.

I hope he turns out to be a gem but he couldn't get a game at Northampton and Wycombe last season in a division below so I'm not getting overly excited in all honesty.

Got pace though which is something we lack and hopefully the combination of him and Simth will make ammends for missing out on the glamour signing...

Reckon Reid will come good this year and if this lad is half decent we could be alright up top

Says here:

ALL I WANT TO DO IS PLAY - PARKER

that

New Latics signing Josh Parker has revealed he rejected the offer of a new contract with Premier League club Queens Park Rangers to sign for Latics.

If that was the case though, surely we would have had compensation to pay. Or are QPR being generous with us?

Says here:

ALL I WANT TO DO IS PLAY - PARKER

that

If that was the case though, surely we would have had compensation to pay. Or are QPR being generous with us?

THIS LINK says he was released, but as that was 1st june he must have rejected a contract and hoped to find a lower club to play regularly for. no compo if he rejected the contract and was released

no compo if he rejected the contract and was released

Actually, it's no compo if he is not offered a new contract or if he is offered an inferior contract to the existing one. Otherwise compensation is required (assuming QPR want any). QPR could of course have offered a new contract to Parker after his contract expiration, which I expect would change things.

Actually, it's no compo if he is not offered a new contract or if he is offered an inferior contract to the existing one. Otherwise compensation is required (assuming QPR want any). QPR could of course have offered a new contract to Parker after his contract expiration, which I expect would change things.

im guessing that with him being released it means they cant claim for anything after he rejected the contract

from a QPR fan I speak to on another board...

"I really like Parker. :yes:

Previous managers to Warnock rated him too. He was supposed to be our next big thing, Warnock gave him a run out towards the end of the season before last. He found it impossible to break into last years team because we were doing so well. Shame really but his chances dried up last season so I don't know how he's developed. He could be a great player in your division if he develops and lives up to his early potential. In the Scott Sinclair mould, very raw though. "

Fabian brandy scored at Moseley set up by parker

I didnt think it was Brandy ? thought it was a french forward?

And it really sounds like Parker has his head screwed on , turning down money so he can play more , fantastic attitude Parker and nice one for Dickov in signing him !