Chris Taylor

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's fair to say that we need more from both wingers, as yet again despite his hero worship Morais has contributed very little, exactly as he has done from February onwards and during a poor pre-season. The amount of times he leaves us exposed down the right is criminal, no wonder Lee looks so disillusioned. Said it before and I'll say it again, Morais is a luxury and in a team of relegation fodder, one we can ill afford….

Much as I like Morais I tend to agree, but then I've always advocated him playing upfront. I think his qualities best lend themselves to playing 'in the hole' whilst I don't think he quite suits wide of a four for the reason you state.

Problem is I'd want to try pairing him with Parker's acceleration and closing down, but I wouldn't fancy Reid/Smith playing wide right! :lol:

Much as I like Morais I tend to agree, but then I've always advocated him playing upfront. I think his qualities best lend themselves to playing 'in the hole' whilst I don't think he quite suits wide of a four for the reason you state.

Problem is I'd want to try pairing him with Parker's acceleration and closing down, but I wouldn't fancy Reid/Smith playing wide right! :lol:

No doubt he's a good player but we need discipline in the team and we're being left exposed. I think if he is to be accommodated it has to be as you say, whether off the main striker (Smith?) or in a free role behind a front two (Beardsley type role)

Great point. It seems as though all some latics fans want to do is complain about our best players. How someone can start a thread saying we need to replace Lee when we have (in my opinion) a below average left back is beyond me.

Taylor is our best player - he scored 11 last season and yet he's still not good enough for some

Lee is one of the better full-backs in the league

Furman is our best central midfielder

I would happily bet anyone on here that all 3 players will end up in the championship or above if and when we decide to sell them.

But then again, looking at this thread some people think Eardley will be back in league one soon?!? I know most clubs have fans who appear to know nothing about football but is it just me or do we have bloody loads of them?

Selling Taylor will send us down.

If anyone can name a suitable replacement for Taylor who will guarantee at least 8-10 from midfield without having to spend anything on them then please feel free to post the name on this thread. I can't think of one.

I don't know if it's knowing nothing about football, a lot just can't seem to get it in their heads that league one footballers are never going to be consistently brilliant, week in week out. That's why they're league one footballers. Some of the criticisms in this, and the Kieran Lee thread are ridiculous though.

I don't know if it's knowing nothing about football, a lot just can't seem to get it in their heads that league one footballers are never going to be consistently brilliant, week in week out. That's why they're league one footballers. Some of the criticisms in this, and the Kieran Lee thread are ridiculous though.

If in selling taylor we could bring 4 in and bulk the squad up then it might not be a bad idea, but if it cant then I'd rather keep him.

im all for getting behind our own palyers but are we not allowed to discuss players who you personally may think have issues in their game that need looking at

are we all supposed to blindly go along with the well its ok coz its league one and not even discuss unless everyone agrees

or is it that if certain posters favourite players gets critisied for certain aspects of their game and people dont like it?

reid no-one seems to upset, eardley no-one cared, Brill ha

but Lee and Taylor.....CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!

Edited by palmer1

im all for getting behind our own palyers but are we not allowed to discuss players who you personally may think have issues in their game that need looking at

are we all supposed to blindly go along with the well its ok coz its league one and not even discuss unless everyone agress

or is it that if certain posters favourite players gets critisied for certain aspects of their game and people dont like it?

reid no-one seems to upset, eardley no-one cared, Brill ha

but Lee and Taylor.....CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!

It just seems a bit random that we should start making new topics criticising our better players every week for minor things. Especially two games in to the bleeding season, when they're bound to be a bit rusty...

I'm no football genius but it's piss obvious to me that taylor will work best with a left back ready to go past him and give the fullback a serious problem when he cuts in. His game went up a mile when charlton was here. I am sure he can cross on his left when his confidence is up, but as they say, if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle.

Yes, yes, you're right; we should all state FACTS and FACTS only. That'll be interesting, won't it?

Chris Taylor is male.

Chris Taylor is ginger.

EDIT Sorry I did not mean as in ginger beer.

DOUBLE EDIT I suppose to be factually correct he is strawberry blond.

It's not easy this FACTS lark is it....

Edited by singe

If in selling taylor we could bring 4 in and bulk the squad up then it might not be a bad idea, but if it cant then I'd rather keep him.

So do u think the 4 players in question would be happy earning one quarter of Tayls wage each?