David Mellor

Right, Just because he has been sighted in conversation with 3 men in suits doesn’t mean he's automatically a goner BUT it does make you think something is happening doesn't it?

Tom Eaves was in the Clayton after the Bolton game with 4 men in suits, and his deal was announced soon after….so it does make you wonder.

I think from Mellor's POV; he'd be stupid to turn down a deal to a higher club. Better wage, better facilities & coaching and the chance, no matter how small, of playing in the Prem. Football is a short career and it could all be ended so quickly if you get a bad injury. Mellor only needs to look at a team-mate of his, Philip McGrath, and look at what could happen to you injury wise. If it's Fulham, or anyone else higher up the pyramid than us; he'd been foolish not to consider it & ultimately make the move.

If he goes, he's goes with my best wishes, and the money we get will I'm sure benefit the club*.

.* We really don’t do too badly with the fees we get for our youngsters - it's more established players we seem to struggle with. If you take Spencer / Trottman / Philliskirk & Eaves as the recent markers, then we should do nicely out of a deal for Mellor - could we realistically say no to a bid of around the £200, 000 + add-on's (my guess) for a 17 year old with only a couple of 1st team games to his name? I'd say no.

Right, Just because he has been sighted in conversation with 3 men in suits doesn’t mean he's automatically a goner BUT it does make you think something is happening doesn't it?

Tom Eaves was in the Clayton after the Bolton game with 4 men in suits, and his deal was announced soon after….so it does make you wonder.

I think from Mellor's POV; he'd be stupid to turn down a deal to a higher club. Better wage, better facilities & coaching and the chance, no matter how small, of playing in the Prem. Football is a short career and it could all be ended so quickly if you get a bad injury. Mellor only needs to look at a team-mate of his, Philip McGrath, and look at what could happen to you injury wise. If it's Fulham, or anyone else higher up the pyramid than us; he'd been foolish not to consider it & ultimately make the move.

If he goes, he's goes with my best wishes, and the money we get will I'm sure benefit the club*.

.* We really don’t do too badly with the fees we get for our youngsters - it's more established players we seem to struggle with. If you take Spencer / Trottman / Philliskirk & Eaves as the recent markers, then we should do nicely out of a deal for Mellor - could we realistically say no to a bid of around the £200, 000 + add-on's (my guess) for a 17 year old with only a couple of 1st team games to his name? I'd say no.

Sly you alaways post sense, but the fact is that at elast one of the people (Colin Todd) is known to work for his advisors. So it is much more likely that the other suits work for his advisors company (see my previous post re tax etc).

All the evidence is that meetings re a transfer are conducting in private not the full glare of the Clayton Green

Not saying he is defaintely staying, just that it is a massive jump, some assumed they were from the buying clu, when at elast one was his own advisor.

It's too big an assumption for me from the evidence given.

Not sure if Mellor has a pro' contract.

I've heard through his neighbour that Fulham have made an approach for him.

He looks very promising but with so little first team minutes under his belt you can't say with any certainty that he'd be a big miss and the money could prove useful.

I have heard that Fulham approached the club about both Mellor and Winchester and they were told to go away.

The neighbour could have got the wrong end of the stick about somebody going to Fulham but his girlfriend being asked to wear a Chelsea shirt instead of a Latics shirt. :unsure:

Kudos Diego a lovely bit if subtle humour which I fear has gone over the head of a few posters

Kudos Diego a lovely bit of subtle humour which I fear has gone over the head of a few posters

I agree with John Schlesinger who said:

Symbolism perhaps is a bit in your face, and I've tried my best to control that as best I can as I've grown older, and thought that one could approach something with a little more subtlety. B)