conversation with a colchester fan

outside the ground after the game yesterday a bloke (late 50s) pulled us over because he saw our oldham shirts. There was 3 of us and he told us he works in the hotel that the latics players were staying in and give us the name of the hotel which was later confirmed to be correct from paul black's twitter posting. This bloke told us the players were 'kicked out of the bar in the hotel at 5am' This could be nonsense but i have no reason to not believe it and the perfomance kind of backs that theory up.

outside the ground after the game yesterday a bloke (late 50s) pulled us over because he saw our oldham shirts. There was 3 of us and he told us he works in the hotel that the latics players were staying in and give us the name of the hotel which was later confirmed to be correct from paul black's twitter posting. This bloke told us the players were 'kicked out of the bar in the hotel at 5am' This could be nonsense but i have no reason to not believe it and the perfomance kind of backs that theory up.

Absolutely, no reason to believe it apart from common sense and the fact that the person who told you was a bloke you'd never met before who pulled you over and started talking to you randomly outside of a football ground.

And so the :censored: stirring starts again.

Always after a poor away defeat.

Same stories that appeared after the Hereford debacle under Shez that were proven unfounded.

no :censored: stirring at all just passing on something i was told by someone who seemed genuinly angry that he had to kick them out at 5am. If you'd have had the conversation with him you would have seen this for yourself. He was a bloke who had his facts right that could be checked out (ie hotel name) and really had no reason to come over and start lieing. He could have been talking absolute crap but just passing it on because like he said we travelled 5 hours or so to get down there and spent x amount of pounds to watch that performance. And dickov was with the players in the bar. And he never mentioned alcohol so they could have been drinking coke and having a laugh but to be up until 5am and put that performance in is discraceful IF as i THINK, this is true.

I suspect he's a bloke on a wind up mission.

If a hotel wants to close its bar it can choose to do that any time it likes. So why would this bloke be annoyed?

If Dickov was there and it was an all night drinking session, then he won't be in a job by the end of the week. But I really can't see Dickov the team manager being involved in that sort of thing.

Possible that a 5am early morning jog is part of the routine, but I doubt it.

So most likely explanation is that it didn't happen and the driver of the car is a decent :censored: stirrer.

Edited by opinions4u

Ha!!!!

Random home fan comes upto to you and gives you an unfounded rumour; and you take it as gospel? How do you know he has no reason to make it up as you seem to be getting at?

I bet he walked off chuckling to himself that he had possibly found his made-up tall stories making their onto another away teams message boards.....

I might start doing it after games at BP and see how many away fans I can suck in, as I surely have no reason to make it up & I know the names of some local hotels...

Behave!

no :censored: stirring at all just passing on something i was told by someone who seemed genuinly angry that he had to kick them out at 5am. If you'd have had the conversation with him you would have seen this for yourself. He was a bloke who had his facts right that could be checked out (ie hotel name) and really had no reason to come over and start lieing. He could have been talking absolute crap but just passing it on because like he said we travelled 5 hours or so to get down there and spent x amount of pounds to watch that performance. And dickov was with the players in the bar. And he never mentioned alcohol so they could have been drinking coke and having a laugh but to be up until 5am and put that performance in is discraceful IF as i THINK, this is true.

Ok hotel name fair enough, but ayone can get that information. Which players? I know he didn't name them so how do you know if indeed any players were present. Who was with the manager? How many players /staff were "thrown out?"

Were they thrown out of the hotel, or asked to leave the bar as it was shutting?

When the allegations about Hereford broke, the team were in a hotel 50 miles away from Hereford and Lee Hughes was alleged to be drinking in the bar with the Manager. Turns out that LH had returned to the bar to speak to Shez about his contract and was not drinking.

Without any further "facts" it's pure :censored: stirring. Yes a very poor display yesterday, but this is hearsay, nothing more and as much as you are "just passing it on" you have nothing but the word of a punter who you don't know from Adam.

You can be sure as hell that if there is any truth on this jackanory story, the national press will be all over it in the next 48 hours with headlines of "FOOTBALL TEAM THROWN OUT OF HOTEL AT 5AM" shocker.

Until then, I class it as :censored: stirring.

never said it was gospel truth. just saying what i was told it was litrally a 1 minute conversation as we walked across the car park i have no reason to believe he was lying but also no reason to believe he was telling the truth either except my opinion on the bloke which was built up in the space of a minute.He could be a serial liar for all i know but my opinion is the team were asked to leave (because like i said he SEEMED genuine) but he was exeggerating with the time a little. It's likely we will never find out.

Ok hotel name fair enough, but ayone can get that information. Which players? I know he didn't name them so how do you know if indeed any players were present. Who was with the manager? How many players /staff were "thrown out?"

Were they thrown out of the hotel, or asked to leave the bar as it was shutting?

When the allegations about Hereford broke, the team were in a hotel 50 miles away from Hereford and Lee Hughes was alleged to be drinking in the bar with the Manager. Turns out that LH had returned to the bar to speak to Shez about his contract and was not drinking.

Without any further "facts" it's pure :censored: stirring. Yes a very poor display yesterday, but this is hearsay, nothing more and as much as you are "just passing it on" you have nothing but the word of a punter who you don't know from Adam.

You can be sure as hell that if there is any truth on this jackanory story, the national press will be all over it in the next 48 hours with headlines of "FOOTBALL TEAM THROWN OUT OF HOTEL AT 5AM" shocker.

Until then, I class it as :censored: stirring.

Harry, you should come on here more often..

:disappointed:

Given his own unfortunate experiences as a player after breaking curfew in a hotel bar, i find that hard to believe.

And so the :censored: stirring starts again.

Always after a poor away defeat.

Same stories that appeared after the Hereford debacle under Shez that were proven unfounded.

Same story I heard in April '00 after we were hammered at Dean Court, a barman in our hotel bar told us that apparently Shez and Gary Kelly were in the bar until 5am, absolute bollocks…the truth is we can't defend, feel sorry for ourselves and throw the towel in too easily…simples*

Although seen the pen and the ref is ten yards away, says "no way" then overules himself in favour of a flag waving waving womble 40 yards away, absolute feckin' joke and probably the game breaker….

Edited by oafcprozac