Should P.D. sit in the directors box 1st half

Just thinking from the Colchester game in which PD says when he was sent to the stand "You learn a lot about players individual performances" Do you think he would be better sitting in the Directors box 1st half and getting a better perpective of the game than stood on the touchline. I remember Joe Royal would always do this.Perhaps this would help him learn with his game plan.

always said this - far better perspective on things - he can sit 1st half and swap wih taggart 2md half so they both get the chance to view thibgs and also be on the touchline.

really dont know how they can assess how the game is going tactics wise from the touchline, i really dont.

You've become very cynical. Just sayin'. You didn't used to be like that.

Ah there's a lot of guff spouted on here nowadays (maybe the same as before and I'm just starting to notice it), this is my reaction to it. Truth be told if I didn't enjoy reading/posting in the other forums on OWTB then I wouldn't be on here very often at all.

Don't you worry though, next time we are out together I will be my usual happy, optimistic, on-the-floor-after-two-pints self. :wink:

.......JSS isn't the only one either. I've noticed plenty of other posters; previously very level headed & mostly looked for the positives who now appear to be very cynical and negative.

It's spreading.

OldhamSheridan, perchance?

Just thinking from the Colchester game in which PD says when he was sent to the stand "You learn a lot about players individual performances" Do you think he would be better sitting in the Directors box 1st half and getting a better perpective of the game than stood on the touchline. I remember Joe Royal would always do this.Perhaps this would help him learn with his game plan.

Yes.

I sit next to the directors box in the main stand (moaning away obviously...) and the view is excellent from the aspect of watching patterns of play and players movement off the ball etc. I have NEVER understood why managers stand on the touchline as the view cannot be as good. In fact, there is a seat free next to me at the next home game - it's your if you want it Paul. :wink:

There's also a case for getting some height behind the goal. If you want to really judge how your wide players work / overlap on both sides of the pitch.

Still .... he probably spends half his life watching match DVDs so it probably wouldn't make that much difference.

There's also a case for getting some height behind the goal. If you want to really judge how your wide players work / overlap on both sides of the pitch.

Still .... he probably spends half his life watching match DVDs so it probably wouldn't make that much difference.

it can only help in my view...you do get a different perspective of games and play...big always did it at bolton...then if things change dramatically he came down

the thing is though,he already knows who isnt doing the basics right....so he needs to address this first and formost.

Yep, sat next to an older head, ie.like a diretor of football, Tony Pulis at Stoke said that John Rudge ( ex Vale manager) is the most important signing he has ever made.

Im not expecting a high calibre older head but someone who has been around for a while and knows the lower league ( inc Championship).

I dont know of many but a cross between Stan Ternant, Joe Royle and Andy Ritchie would be perfect...

Its obvious that we have a lack of nounce and I look at the bench and can Dux and Gerry really be so tatical acute to make a big impact to the boss.. I fear not, I really do think that Dux should be a reserve team coach and not near the first team... Id prefer PD , GT and an older head in the stands....who can communicate with PD throughout the match ...

Ah there's a lot of guff spouted on here nowadays (maybe the same as before and I'm just starting to notice it), this is my reaction to it. Truth be told if I didn't enjoy reading/posting in the other forums on OWTB then I wouldn't be on here very often at all.

Don't you worry though, next time we are out together I will be my usual happy, optimistic, on-the-floor-after-two-pints self. :wink:

Forums are all about guff! Guff galore on here - always has been. Loving the guff!

I reckon the manager's perspective of the game is a genuine point for discussion. I don't blame PD for not sitting in the main stand. He'd definitely be able to see how his team shapes up better, but then he'd also have to listen to the moaning, which would be no good at all.