Huddersfield

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, Oldham is a :censored: hole, even for a working class town.

yes but it seems that a lot of Football fans these days would rather talk about the state of where people live rather than what actually happens on the pitch

and while we're on the topic the worse place in the UK I've ever been to is Hull

Edited by Tommy_Fent

What I get a bit confused about is how they call Oldham a :censored: hole, some parts yes but dont all working class towns. Ive worked in Huddersfield and yes it is only marginally better, some parts of the area are just as ( or worse as Oldham).

Anyway theses posters are probably the ones at the airports who arrive in the shiny white trainers and the Home shirt.

One of the big problems is that in most of these towns there's a massive "non working" class.

The solid community spirit of earlier years was significantly based around work and the workplace.

Isn’t it about time we all woke up and realised that there are no big clubs in the third tier of football.

Everyone comes down saying they’re big ‘cos we’ve got some fans’, or ‘cos we woz alright once!’

At the end of it you’re in the third division. No one cares. No one shows your games on television you have to stay up late to get the highlights. You get next to no column inches.

We can argue about who took what fans where because that is all we have to argue about.

In truth we have had our pants pulled down by the higher tiers of football and the powers that be. The money at the top isn’t getting past the top of the Championship. We fall further and further behind the premiership every week, with players earning in a month what we could survive on for a year.

Barring a few teams with sugar daddies (I’m looking at you Wigan). The premiership will soon just be full of teams from Cities and us little towns won’t get much of a look in.

I admire any fans of football outside of the top flight and the fact that they will turn up because football is something they love. It would be easy for someone from Oldham to justify to themselves that they live close enough to Manchester to be a United or a City fan, same with Huddersfield fans.

We don’t though, because we love being the underdog, we love waking up and deciding to go to a game because we fancy it rather than having to get a ticket two months before. We do it because we love the community feeling of getting into our seat with a piss weak cup of tea and a lukewarm pie. Seeing familiar faces and making small talk, with people you have gotten to know because you have sat next to them for an hour and a half every two weeks for the past six years.

Also at lower league clubs we have something the pressure of the money leagues doesn’t. Laughter, how many times have you seen something so poor you’ve been forced to laugh at a striker who beats half the opposition team then falls flat on his face in front of goal.

It is a funny old game – but only when £60 million in TV money isn’t resting on it.

Now this is the longest post I have ever made and the valium is wearing off so I’ll finish.

I will be glad to walk away with a point tomorrow as I’m sure will Huddersfield fans. I would hate to be a Man U or Chelsea fan that walks away from a draw as if they have just been turned over 6-0.

Isn’t it about time we all woke up and realised that there are no big clubs in the third tier of football.

Everyone comes down saying they’re big ‘cos we’ve got some fans’, or ‘cos we woz alright once!’

At the end of it you’re in the third division. No one cares. No one shows your games on television you have to stay up late to get the highlights. You get next to no column inches.

We can argue about who took what fans where because that is all we have to argue about.

In truth we have had our pants pulled down by the higher tiers of football and the powers that be. The money at the top isn’t getting past the top of the Championship. We fall further and further behind the premiership every week, with players earning in a month what we could survive on for a year.

Barring a few teams with sugar daddies (I’m looking at you Wigan). The premiership will soon just be full of teams from Cities and us little towns won’t get much of a look in.

I admire any fans of football outside of the top flight and the fact that they will turn up because football is something they love. It would be easy for someone from Oldham to justify to themselves that they live close enough to Manchester to be a United or a City fan, same with Huddersfield fans.

We don’t though, because we love being the underdog, we love waking up and deciding to go to a game because we fancy it rather than having to get a ticket two months before. We do it because we love the community feeling of getting into our seat with a piss weak cup of tea and a lukewarm pie. Seeing familiar faces and making small talk, with people you have gotten to know because you have sat next to them for an hour and a half every two weeks for the past six years.

Also at lower league clubs we have something the pressure of the money leagues doesn’t. Laughter, how many times have you seen something so poor you’ve been forced to laugh at a striker who beats half the opposition team then falls flat on his face in front of goal.

It is a funny old game – but only when £60 million in TV money isn’t resting on it.

Now this is the longest post I have ever made and the valium is wearing off so I’ll finish.

I will be glad to walk away with a point tomorrow as I’m sure will Huddersfield fans. I would hate to be a Man U or Chelsea fan that walks away from a draw as if they have just been turned over 6-0.

Very good post indeed well put. every team has there ups & downs some more downs than ups but thats part of being a football fan iam gratefull that i was there to see the good times oldham had but ive also been to many games away from home on a wet tuesday night and got a thumping. i wouldnt change oldham for nothing.

Great post.

I'll be confident if we start with 433, but less so if we start with 442.

So far this season we've been good in patches, but haven't been clinical enough... too many players wanting an extra touch before crossing, or to beat an extra man before playing it. The sort of thing that I'm confident we'll get out of our systems as long as we continue to play a fairly settled side.

We're scoring fairly frequently, but conceding quite a few too... so could be a decent match.

Who the hell do you think you are? Coming on this board and discussing football. What a liberty.

I think it'll be a good game, unfortunately I can't make it. That may well prove to be a blessing though as I fear a narrow defeat for Latics.

PS. Can we not all just get along & watch the game whilst holding hands and singing 'We all love football'? No? Oh, OK then.

:applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1: :applause1:

Cracking post that.

The bold bits for me are so true. The Gallows Humour we had around where I sit when we were being (mis)managed by Dangerous Dave was one of the only things that kept me coming to games (that anf my ST).

Last season, the banter we had with John Gorman when MKMongs came to BP was outstanding (what a guy!) and the best laugh out moment for me last season was watching Feeney make a turn; so slowly it was in 7 installments - so bad it was funny.

Top post though.....