Huddersfield

But it's the Oldham game again where the crowd sizes start getting banded about, then the away followings, then the percentage of away followings compared to home crowds, until in the end we all agree that we are much bigger than the other, with both sides offering lots of illogical reasoning.

===================================

Ok I’m going to be really boring, but to prove a point that our percentage away following, based on average home crowds is better than Hudders. For league games, except for the Penney season, when it was also midweek.

Latics fans to Huddersfield

Season Away following Average home gate %age of home average

2007-08 2,518 5,325 47.3

2008-09 2,980 5,636 52.9

2009-10 598 4,630 12.9

2010-11 1,946 4,392 44.3

Huddersfield fans to Latics

Season Away following Average home gate %age of home average

2007-08 1,095 9,391 11.6

2008-09 1,596 12,862 12.4

2009-10 3,909 14,381 27.1

2010-11 3,665 13,733 26.7

What does this prove – probably nothing, but our crowds are smaller in total but bigger in percentage terms.

Ahahahahaha, I knew it would pop up! All it shows is that you like to come to our ground. And that your biggest away following at ours was 1000 less than ours to you. And that our smallest was 500 more than your smallest. And that over the 4 seasons we've averaged more going to yours than you to us. And that over the 4 seasons we've averaged over 7596 more fans at each home game. There's a more clear and less contrived set of statistics, but maybe I'm wrong and they all do point in OAFC's favour......

Oh and once again, no Town fan in this thread started with the numbers whatsoever - it was you lot chirping the 'You think you're massive'. But it would be rude not to get involved, especially when the numbers are so kind in our favour, seemed a bit pointless?

Edited by Smithfield Building

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also shows that generally, away attendances are relative to current expectations at the club and form. With Huddersfield's undefeated run of nearly 30 games and their appearance in the playoffs last season expectations should be high and they really ought to have over 3000 traveling fans on Saturday.

I am willing to bet if our form improves over the coming weeks and we are in or around the playoffs when we play the return match at Huddersfield we will have a following of around 2500!!

I thought I would have a browse of the Huddersfield forum, and the cockiness of some fans is sickening. A number of you seem to think that Huddersfield will walk it whoever stars, and one even said they gurentee that if any player was offered a deal at Huddersfield and Oldham they would sign for Town. I really wish 'experts' would stop calling them a 'good footballing side' I have seen them a few times and they have yet to play football. Most of that team seem confused which Huddersfield they are playing for with the long ball game and fouls common place, I hope we stuff we on them Saturday it might save their fans from themselves.

Good grief. I wonder how much cumulative time has been wasted on this thread.

It's like my dad's harder than your dad isn't it?

I think we can agree we're all losers who spend too much time on a pointless message board and too much money watching piss poor football.

If fans of little clubs like Oldham and Huddersfield could really for a cohesive unit we might be in a position to affect real change in the game.

As it is we're more happy slapping cocks together than we are fixing the problems of the game.

Ah well, :censored: happens.

I thought I would have a browse of the Huddersfield forum, and the cockiness of some fans is sickening. A number of you seem to think that Huddersfield will walk it whoever stars, and one even said they gurentee that if any player was offered a deal at Huddersfield and Oldham they would sign for Town. I really wish 'experts' would stop calling them a 'good footballing side' I have seen them a few times and they have yet to play football. Most of that team seem confused which Huddersfield they are playing for with the long ball game and fouls common place, I hope we stuff we on them Saturday it might save their fans from themselves.

Ha. You're a right little propaganda machine. Why don't you tell everyone what thread that reply came from, who started it, and what the started said.

You lot have inherited our Leeds complex...

Edited by Smithfield Building

You mentioned arrogant supporters first, I am just pointing you back to what you said!

Anyway bollocks to all that, are you big time Charlies playing well and are you going to stuff us at weekend?

I'll be confident if we start with 433, but less so if we start with 442.

So far this season we've been good in patches, but haven't been clinical enough... too many players wanting an extra touch before crossing, or to beat an extra man before playing it. The sort of thing that I'm confident we'll get out of our systems as long as we continue to play a fairly settled side.

We're scoring fairly frequently, but conceding quite a few too... so could be a decent match.

Has someone not told him about M'voto?

there certainly seems to be a view that their fans look down their nose at us and seem to talk more about Oldham as a town rather than the actual club who some of them are so embarrased to be playing (despite the fact we've been in the same league as them for almost 10 year), but like has been mentioned it's a vicious circle no doubt we look down our noses at Bury and Rochdale. On the pitch is where it matters and I've just seen for the first time the goals from last week and we were lucky to even get the penalty, so hopefully a massive improvement will be in place

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Yes, the thread that the poster is generalising from was started by an Oldham fan who was gloating about M'Voto signing for you.

I was not generalising read my post again as I have obviously touched a nerve, I said some Huddersfield fans (no generalisation there), I said one fan even said no-one would choose Oldham Huddersfield (which is true so again no generalistaion).

I agree with yard dog, some folk a little sensitive here. To get up back on thread, i happen to have had both the Minogue sisters. Kylie every time, obviously smaller norks but at least she wasnt trying to look at herself in the mirror all the time to check her hair and makeup.

I agree with yard dog, some folk a little sensitive here. To get up back on thread, i happen to have had both the Minogue sisters. Kylie every time, obviously smaller norks but at least she wasnt trying to look at herself in the mirror all the time to check her hair and makeup.

Ha ha nice one !! btw did the minogue sisters ask if size mattered!! its all about what happens on the pitch couldnt really care what our ground looks like how many fans we get and take away!!!

Cant we just all agrree that both teams are a litle bit :censored:

and those who go to the game will overpay to watch a :censored: game of football that seems that little bit better than it actually is becuase its your team thats playing.

in the last 15 years neither team has achieved anything, Laics in the same division all that time and Hudds a relegation and a promotion back to this level

Hudds have more fans a bigger stadium and we currently play in a 3 sided :censored:hole with fans that are sick of the situation we find ourselves in and who after reading this message board for the last few years look down on practically everybody but for some reason then get the hump when opposing fans do it to us.

heres hoping to a good game and at least another 4 points off the massive league 1 side Huddersfield, who if they dont go up this season then their extra fans and big less than half full shiny stadium dont count for :censored: :wink:

Edited by palmer1

Cant we just all agrree that both teams are a litle bit :censored:

and those who go to the game will overpay to watch a :censored: game of football that seems that little bit better than it actually is becuase its your team thats playing.

in the last 15 years neither team has achieved anything, Laics in the same division all that time and Hudds a relegation and a promotion back to this level

Hudds have more fans a bigger stadium and we currently play in a 3 sided :censored:hole with fans that are sick of the situation we find ourselves in and who after reading this message board for the last few years look down on practically everybody but for some reason then get the hump when opposing fans do it to us.

heres hoping to a good game and at least another 4 points off the massive league 1 side Huddersfield, who if they dont go up this season then their extra fans and big less than half full shiny stadium dont count for :censored: :wink:

Its all a bit 'my Dad's bigger than your Dad' isn't it?

It's a bit sad really when a couple of decent (ish!) away fans just get the cringey "sheep" insults and it's dragged away from Football debate to a slanging match.

That said - I don't get the whole away fan signing up for a "rival" club's message board thing but whatever floats your boat I suppose?

What is it about opposition fans coming on here and saying they don't care about us? They care so little they took the time to find the site, register, go through the topics to find one they felt was relevant to them and them spend all day arguing with fans.

we play them tomorrow mate (???)

Its all a bit 'my Dad's bigger than your Dad' isn't it?

It's a bit sad really when a couple of decent (ish!) away fans just get the cringey "sheep" insults and it's dragged away from Football debate to a slanging match.

That said - I don't get the whole away fan signing up for a "rival" club's message board thing but whatever floats your boat I suppose?

What I get a bit confused about is how they call Oldham a :censored: hole, some parts yes but dont all working class towns. Ive worked in Huddersfield and yes it is only marginally better, some parts of the area are just as ( or worse as Oldham).

Anyway theses posters are probably the ones at the airports who arrive in the shiny white trainers and the Home shirt.

What I get a bit confused about is how they call Oldham a :censored: hole, some parts yes but dont all working class towns. Ive worked in Huddersfield and yes it is only marginally better, some parts of the area are just as ( or worse as Oldham).

To be fair, Oldham is a :censored: hole, even for a working class town.

To be fair, Oldham is a :censored: hole, even for a working class town.

Yes but so are Blackburn, Rochdale, Bury, Bradford, Blackpool, Burnley, Huddersfield, Dewsbury,

My point is that all the above are :censored:holes with some good areas, as per the post.

9th worst place to live, apparently: link

Although tbf, kirklees is 12th, and gratifyingly, Blackpool and Rochdale are even worse.

I think that list can be discounted as Grimsby doesn't even feature in the Top 20. I lived there for over 3 years and it makes Oldham look like Monte Carlo.