Huddersfield

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently they've "had a bad start to the season". It must be a nightmare still being unbeaten, especially if you haven't lost a league game since 2010.

The guys I know don't expect more than 2,000 to turn up.

It's not about the cost as they get classed as Cat A at most grounds and that often means £25+. When you consider the kids price, they seem to think that BP is actually a pretty fair price.

Apparently they've "had a bad start to the season". It must be a nightmare still being unbeaten, especially if you haven't lost a league game since 2010.

It's not about the cost as they get classed as Cat A at most grounds and that often means £25+. When you consider the kids price, they seem to think that BP is actually a pretty fair price.

Unbeaten in 34 games apparently, just the right time to be playing us then……………………………………….historically we love putting an end to good runs….

Although to be fair, we have also ended some good runs ourselves. Remember beating Wigan 1-0 away and ending their 24 match unbeaten run. Pundits didn't give us a hope in hell.

Just thought would chuck something positive in :grin:

We ended Wigan's undefeated home and away records that year...

Wasn't it Dux?*

*My memory for such things is shocking, so probably not.

Dux won it late on at the JCB

Redders put them one up with a pen at BP, cue knobs booing him (clueless pricks) then within a minute Tipton levels from (very) close range after a mistake by Carroll. Jones wins it late on with a towering header. Always rated Paul Jones, a real find by Ritchie, but injuries and Wadsworth's sign anyone with a pulse policy put paid to his Latics career. Played loadsa games at Barrow….

Dux won it late on at the JCB

Redders put them one up with a pen at BP, cue knobs booing him (clueless pricks) then within a minute Tipton levels from (very) close range after a mistake by Carroll. Jones wins it late on with a towering header. Always rated Paul Jones, a real find by Ritchie, but injuries and Wadsworth's sign anyone with a pulse policy put paid to his Latics career. Played loadsa games at Barrow….

Remember him saying in the gym too in 2002 he struggled big time with the training under Dowie

Think we are bad omen for them.

Morais had a wonderfull game against them at BP last year.

did any body else beat them after us?

Unbeaten in 34 games apparently, just the right time to be playing us then……………………………………….historically we love putting an end to good runs….

Does losing to Peterborough in the playoff final not count as a League game?

Don't think we'll bring as many as we have done for the past couple of seasons. There just isn't quite the buzz surrounding us at the minute; we really expected to go up towards the end of last season and the let down of missing out hasn't really worn off yet. A lot of us are depressed that we're visiting the same old grounds again when we thought we were dreaming of Upton Park, and we're playing in front of the same empty away ends at home matches, when it would have been pretty full for the majority of games in the Championship.

Another factor is that we've gone from an end of season run in where every game was vital, to a damp squib of a new season where we concede a last minute equaliser and you have no idea how to react as it doesn't really mean anything.

I expect that we'll be hearing about how fickle and pathetic our support is! :lol:

As for the game; I'm confident if we go with 433, but Clark has started with 442 in our last two away matches (although they were both in the cup), hopefully Rhodes not being available will twist his arm and mean that he goes back to 433, as we look much more solid playing this way. Unfortunately I won't be making the trip as I'll be counting my pennies for a holiday that I can't really afford to go on, hope it's a good match, but that we come out on top!

Don't think we'll bring as many as we have done for the past couple of seasons. There just isn't quite the buzz surrounding us at the minute; we really expected to go up towards the end of last season and the let down of missing out hasn't really worn off yet. A lot of us are depressed that we're visiting the same old grounds again when we thought we were dreaming of Upton Park, and we're playing in front of the same empty away ends at home matches, when it would have been pretty full for the majority of games in the Championship.

Another factor is that we've gone from an end of season run in where every game was vital, to a damp squib of a new season where we concede a last minute equaliser and you have no idea how to react as it doesn't really mean anything.

I expect that we'll be hearing about how fickle and pathetic our support is! :lol:

As for the game; I'm confident if we go with 433, but Clark has started with 442 in our last two away matches (although they were both in the cup), hopefully Rhodes not being available will twist his arm and mean that he goes back to 433, as we look much more solid playing this way. Unfortunately I won't be making the trip as I'll be counting my pennies for a holiday that I can't really afford to go on, hope it's a good match, but that we come out on top!

I can see why you are all depressed, its because you are massive and should be in the champions league!

I hope we feckin hammer you bit time charlies! :grin:

I can see why you are all depressed, its because you are massive and should be in the champions league!

Yawn.

We have some arrogant fans, if you look back to when you played Rochdale, you'll see that you do too.

Yawn.

We have some arrogant fans, if you look back to when you played Rochdale, you'll see that you do too.

It was aimed at your arrogance...........

"A lot of us are depressed that we're visiting the same old grounds again when we thought we were dreaming of Upton Park, and we're playing in front of the same empty away ends at home matches, when it would have been pretty full for the majority of games in the Championship."

You are ONLY Huddersfield Town! I'm 41 years old and in my time you have spent all but a few years of my time playing lower league football!

It was aimed at your arrogance...........

"A lot of us are depressed that we're visiting the same old grounds again when we thought we were dreaming of Upton Park, and we're playing in front of the same empty away ends at home matches, when it would have been pretty full for the majority of games in the Championship."

You are ONLY Huddersfield Town! I'm 41 years old and in my time you have spent all but a few years of my time playing lower league football!

So now it's arrogant to say that we would rather be in the Championship than League One?

So now it's arrogant to say that we would rather be in the Championship than League One?

You mentioned arrogant supporters first, I am just pointing you back to what you said!

Anyway bollocks to all that, are you big time Charlies playing well and are you going to stuff us at weekend?

Don't think this thread has in any way made it look like we have big club syndrome, more like you have little club syndrome.

The other Town fan is describing the hangover feeling that a lot of us have after yet another season of falling short at the last few hurdles. We didn't expect to be visiting Upton Park because we are the mighty gigantic significant massive draw come out and see us Huddersfield Town, but because we did go so long unbeaten and it really did feel like we'd finally do it. Turns out once again we just can't.

It's just like the film Groundhog Day. If you've seen it by the end Bill Murray is just nonchalantly going through the motions. It's not that we expect, because now we don't. It's the opposite - it's just numb.

But it's the Oldham game again where the crowd sizes start getting banded about, then the away followings, then the percentage of away followings compared to home crowds, until in the end we all agree that we are much bigger than the other, with both sides offering lots of illogical reasoning.

You yearn for us to consider you relevant. Just like we yearn for Leeds to do the same to us. And them to Man Utd. I guess Rochdale yearn for you?

Don't think this thread has in any way made it look like we have big club syndrome, more like you have little club syndrome.

The other Town fan is describing the hangover feeling that a lot of us have after yet another season of falling short at the last few hurdles. We didn't expect to be visiting Upton Park because we are the mighty gigantic significant massive draw come out and see us Huddersfield Town, but because we did go so long unbeaten and it really did feel like we'd finally do it. Turns out once again we just can't.

It's just like the film Groundhog Day. If you've seen it by the end Bill Murray is just nonchalantly going through the motions. It's not that we expect, because now we don't. It's the opposite - it's just numb.

But it's the Oldham game again where the crowd sizes start getting banded about, then the away followings, then the percentage of away followings compared to home crowds, until in the end we all agree that we are much bigger than the other, with both sides offering lots of illogical reasoning.

You yearn for us to consider you relevant. Just like we yearn for Leeds to do the same to us. And them to Man Utd. I guess Rochdale yearn for you?

we just want you to bring the support you are capable of in order to give us much needed income. we fill your place every season. dont see why you can't do the same.

You yearn for us to consider you relevant.

Looking at your DATM site over the last few seasons you certainly do that already....

You're fixated with Leeds- who out perform you and have done since the 1930s

You're fixated with Bradford - who have no success but still get crowds as big or bigger than you

You're fixated with Oldham - a club who for the last 20 years have outperformed you other than last season despite, apparently, having no style, cash, fans or ground.