Ex Latics with New Books out !

Windass' is a good read if only because he admits to wetting the bed when he has had abit too much drink, which made me laugh. I enjoyed Big Joe's book and got it signed when they did the legends book signing at BP a few years ago, I seem to remember me asking him to sign like I was Oliver asking for more food. I would not recommend the majoirty of football books as ghost writers are almost always used. Some player use this as an excuse to give the writer no info thus leading the book to be rather bland and real feel of the actual player, the best examples of this are Ferdinand and Ashley Cole. Out of the current players; Rooney and Beckham are the best that I've read, but Gerrard and Carra's are regarded as the best all four were heavily involved with the writing of the book. Rooney even edited all the swears out of his book, because it would offend his grandma.

He has said his book is limited and he wouldnt charge for talk extra if everyone attended bought his book with the money for the book going to charity !

The evening with Big Norm (Mark Crossley) would be ticket only for £12 with a book included ! It can then be autographed

I'm thinking of doing this at the Riffle Rangle or Junction

Me and Mrs. Sideburns would be interested if it was at the Junction, subject to a convenient date.

I know a few people like this and I can see why, having had a go of one.

They're an astonishingly useful, effective and simple bit of kit. And that's from someone who has a notable dislike for Amazon!

It's probably going to be my birthday gift request off my folks this year.

Yes they are fantastic, got one for my last birthday but still intend to buy tangible books, especially if can get them cheap 2nd hand.

Remember, if you buy the books online via the PlayerShare WebShop you can also generate an income for PlayerShare.

Click through to www.buy.at/xtra and select Waterstones. Any purchases then made should earn 4% of the value for PlayerShare. If you can't find it at Waterstones click through to Amazon instead and earn 1% commission for PlayerShare.

It couldn't be easier to shop online this way and get a kickback for Kuqi!

Link to Waterstones: http://waterstonesshop.at/xtra?CTY=15

Link to Amanzon: http://supplier.at/xtra?CTY=15

Excitingly, Waterstones have paid a modest commission today. Thanks to whoever made the purchase!

Would certainly recommend Rick Holden's and Mickey Quinn's books. I'm 3/4 the way through Joe Royle's and I've enjoyed it so far. He does complain about his treatment at Everton & Citeh, but he has a point. He obviously has a great love of Latics.

One I would deffo go for is Mark Ward's autobiography. He really tells all about his fall from grace - a very honest book.

Away from Latics, Stuart Pearce's 'Psycho' ain't bad. 'Greavsie' was very enjoyable and another that is extremely honest about his drink problems.

Edited by Bristolatic

Would certainly recommend Rick Holden's and Mickey Quinn's books. I'm 3/4 the way through Joe Royle's and I've enjoyed it so far. He does complain about his treatment at Everton & Citeh, but he has a point. He obviously has a great love of Latics.

One I would deffo go for is Mark Ward's autobiography. He really tells all about his fall from grace - a very honest book.

Away from Latics, Stuart Pearce's 'Psycho' ain't bad. 'Greavsie' was very enjoyable and another that is extremely honest about his drink problems.

Read the Greavsie one years ago, very candid…

Away from football 'Botham' is a cracking read and away from sport 'Michael' Michael Caine's autobiography if still in print is very good...

Funny you should say that, just seen his missus' beach pics….

Would love to read an Andy Ritchie book and Roger Palmer's I reckon would be an all-time best-seller….I have to say though most football autobiographies don't interest me as they are all very similar. I remember reading Rush's in the late 80s and the bit that stood out was his whining that Italy was full of 'foreigners' the tit!

One bit from Ray Houghton's stood out, first day of pre-season Ronnie Moran would hand (nay throw) out the previous seasons Championship medals…"That's worth :censored:, if you don't go and do it again..he would say…" Now that's a winning mentality I've always thought...

Best autobiography by a country mile is Alex Ferguson's (appreciate that might ruffle a few feathers and I am a Latics fan) but it's superbly written and about someone who's old enough to have had a life. Give it a try.

He certainly knows his football.

Am I allowed to agree with such an outrageous post? Well I do.

Remember, if you buy the books online via the PlayerShare WebShop you can also generate an income for PlayerShare.

Click through to www.buy.at/xtra and select Waterstones. Any purchases then made should earn 4% of the value for PlayerShare. If you can't find it at Waterstones click through to Amazon instead and earn 1% commission for PlayerShare.

It couldn't be easier to shop online this way and get a kickback for Kuqi!

Link to Waterstones: http://waterstonesshop.at/xtra?CTY=15

Link to Amanzon: http://supplier.at/xtra?CTY=15

Best autobiography by a country mile is Alex Ferguson's (appreciate that might ruffle a few feathers and I am a Latics fan) but it's superbly written and about someone who's old enough to have had a life. Give it a try.

Read it in 2002 there's obviously a few more chapters to add now. Keane's wasn't bad (the story about Clough hiding in the dark behind the door was funny!) and the World Cup Group Game pre-match meal of cheese butties made me laugh….

Cloughie was one of the best i've read

Edited by oafcprozac

I thought the keane one is very good. You realise that he wouldnt have made it as a top player without his cunty edge.

I thought it ran through him like a stick of blackpool rock rather than just being on the edge.

For any racing fans Graham Bradley's book was a cracker. He admitted in print to some of the stunts he'd got up to over the years and was banned from racing on the back of it. Wonder who advised him!