Ex Latics with New Books out !

I know Ricky Holden and Mark Crossley have books out currently ! Does anyone know of any other players who do ?

I have an idea....

Mickey Quinn had one out, with a couple of chapters around Latics.

I guess you might be too young to remember him at Latics though???

Cheers guys

I'm not to young to remember Mickey unfortunately lol

I've just spoke to Big Norm and he would consider coming to Oldham to do a book signing ...

Who would buy his book ?

I've been considering getting it. There isn't a kindle edition available though or I'd have probably already got it.

I really liked him when he was here. Despite him being a keeper, his range of passing was tremendous!

I can imagine it being a pretty damn good read.

He has said his book is limited and he wouldnt charge for talk extra if everyone attended bought his book with the money for the book going to charity !

The evening with Big Norm (Mark Crossley) would be ticket only for £12 with a book included ! It can then be autographed

I'm thinking of doing this at the Riffle Rangle or Junction

Seriously? You'll only read from a kindle?

I know a few people like this and I can see why, having had a go of one.

They're an astonishingly useful, effective and simple bit of kit. And that's from someone who has a notable dislike for Amazon!

It's probably going to be my birthday gift request off my folks this year.

I know a few people like this and I can see why, having had a go of one.

They're an astonishingly useful, effective and simple bit of kit. And that's from someone who has a notable dislike for Amazon!

It's probably going to be my birthday gift request off my folks this year.

I can't imagine any device driving me to refuse to ever read a hard copy of a book!

Remember, if you buy the books online via the PlayerShare WebShop you can also generate an income for PlayerShare.

Click through to www.buy.at/xtra and select Waterstones. Any purchases then made should earn 4% of the value for PlayerShare. If you can't find it at Waterstones click through to Amazon instead and earn 1% commission for PlayerShare.

It couldn't be easier to shop online this way and get a kickback for Kuqi!

Link to Waterstones: http://waterstonesshop.at/xtra?CTY=15

Link to Amanzon: http://supplier.at/xtra?CTY=15

Edited by opinions4u

I can't imagine any device driving me to refuse to ever read a hard copy of a book!

I suppose refusing is perhaps a too strong a word.

More the case of if there was two books to which a person has a passing interest and only one was on Kindle then it would be that one chosen, not the hard copy.

I know Ricky Holden and Mark Crossley have books out currently ! Does anyone know of any other players who do ?

I have an idea....

I heartily recommend Rick Holden's autobiography, thoroughly entertaining and tells it like it is….I was a bit disappointed by Joe Royle's as much as I love Joe he chose to use it to whine about his treatment at Everton and City and there should have been far more about his 12 years at BP. I read the Latics chapters in Redders book another whiner, who regretted being so headstrong and quitting BP. Biggest whiner of the lot was George Best's, blames everyone for his downfall but his own stupidity off topic (well sport) but currently reading Sean Long's book I'd recommend that to anyone who enjoys chaos…..or who simply likes to peek in from the outside...

Edited by oafcprozac

I was quite proud of that inspired moment.

It needs a bit of work, as I'm at work and so I only have an online version of Photoshop and not the full thing, but:

8QXq.png

I've just been called into an issue, but I'll work on it if I get chance later...