Phil Starbuck

The Vote  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Will you send him to the sanctuary?

• Yes, what a donkey - send him down
    • No, you got it wrong - he was ace

With Forbes joining the hall of shame, we now move onto an All-Star Donkey (don't worry, just because we're on Starbuck already doesn't mean we're out of names - we've got a :censored: load - and we couldn't find a better picture either) :

8wcdxu.png

Born 24th Nov, 1968 "Fatty" Starbuck joined the ranks of Colin's Oldham for free on the 1st August 1997, where he made a total of 8 starts and 2 apps off the bench. He scored one goal during his stint at BP. He officially left Latics for Plymouth on the 20th March 1998. A pivotal moment in Argyle's downturn of fortune.

I was going to say his fate was sealed when he kicked off with a load of travelling latics fans when we played wigan away @ springfield park...

...but frankly it was sealed the first time he kicked a ball !!

More a case of Latics fans telling him in no uncertain terms to 'go away' and pull his digit out of his derriere and do something. He responded with clapping the fans and giving us the thumbs up…we responded with vigorous hand gestures and vociferous retorts of our own….

More a case of Latics fans telling him in no uncertain terms to 'go away' and pull his digit out of his derriere and do something. He responded with clapping the fans and giving us the thumbs up…we responded with vigorous hand gestures and vociferous retorts of our own….

At which point I think the penny dropped with owd Starbucks and he gave a 'non-priest like' response iirc, down at the bottom corner of the terracing.

There can't be many players whom I have disliked more - awful, awful, awful.....eeeeeaaaawwwwwwwwww

At which point I think the penny dropped with owd Starbucks and he gave a 'non-priest like' response iirc, down at the bottom corner of the terracing.

There can't be many players whom I have disliked more - awful, awful, awful.....eeeeeaaaawwwwwwwwww

Seem to vaguely remember he was a born again Christian? I remember me muttering summat like 'take more than divine intervention to turn you into a footballer son, see the light and fook off!" (Think it was crappy home draw with Millwall, Crossley in goal for them with a perm, McNIven S, scored an og…)

Edited by oafcprozac

Seem to vaguely remember he was a born again Christian? I remember me muttering summat like 'take more than divine intervention to turn you into a footballer son, see the light and fook off!" (Think it was crappy home draw with Millwall, Crossley in goal for them with a perm, McNIven S, scored an og…)

That's right....did he not do a couple of interviews suggesting joining the priesthood or something?

And we gave him a similar 'holy' response back also!