• Simpson
    • Adeyemi
    • Kuqi
    • Reid
    • Taylor
    • Morais
    • M'voto
    • Furman

Everybody put in a performance last night.

Mellor looked competent to the extreme, although big credit to Taylor for shielding him so well.

Adeyemi put in more than his fair share of misplaced passes, but in previous games has looked like he wants to break in to the box and last night showed real strength before a cool finish.

Simpson's delivery looked decent and the pass for the goal was sublime - TV doesn't do it justice.

Diamond and Clarke were solid and, except for the goal, Lee was top notch too.

Kuqi scuffed his lines a few times, but I thought his finish was another cool one. Should have done better when he hit the side netting. Reid looked sharp until he pulled up and Morais contributed, although occasionally lacked the final ball. He was never offside though.

Cisak - very decent performance.

My man of the match goes to a bloke who didn't put a foot wrong all night. And that header on the ground on the edge of the box was possible the highlight of the game. Take a bow Mr Wesolowski.

Mellor looked competent to the extreme, although big credit to Taylor for shielding him so well.

Adeyemi put in more than his fair share of misplaced passes, but in previous games has looked like he wants to break in to the box and last night showed real strength before a cool finish.

Simpson's delivery looked decent and the pass for the goal was sublime - TV doesn't do it justice.

Kuqi scuffed his lines a few times, but I thought his finish was another cool one. Should have done better when he hit the side netting. Reid looked sharp until he pulled up and Morais contributed, although occasionally lacked the final ball. He was never offside though.

My man of the match goes to a bloke who didn't put a foot wrong all night. And that header on the ground on the edge of the box was possible the highlight of the game. Take a bow Mr Wesolowski.

That ball over the top from Kuqi for Morais to run onto was lovely and Flip was never offside. I'm a little surprised Adeyemi has a few votes already and got the MotM award last night. Aside from his goal, which was fantastic, and a good tackle late on, out wide on the right, he didn't do a lot right.

Agree with most of that O4U. Thought Mellor and Wes in particular were big players for us last night. Special mention for Taylor though, cos he';s been a passenger for much of this season, but I though t he worked his nads off last night and was a real outlet for us.

The groundsman :wink:

Went for Mellor, looked so composed on the ball and was a real threat going forward. Could have been almost anyone really, it was a great team performance. Kuqi deserves a special mention for having the brass balls to nutmeg one of their players, in OUR six yard box. :grin:

Adeyemi for me, by far and away his best performance in a blue shirt capped off with a goal of course. Mellor did well also, but really this was just going forward, he failed to stop too many crosses from going in from his side. More of a midfield player than a full back I think, but he's got plenty of time to improve!

The ballboy would of won it for me. The way he fooled the defender to waste a bit of time was genius :grin:

Considering it was only his 5th (?) start and his favourite position is midfield, I thought Mellor was superb. He defended well (with help from Taylor) against Chadwick and was a great outlet going forward. This kid has the promise of a great future in football at a higher level.

Edited by Hornbloweroafc

Really close this one, usually there's only 1 or 2 standouts - but last night; there were 6 or 7 who could quite rightly stake a claim for MoM.

Cisak was very steady. When Martin was struggling with his evening's work; Cisak was very calm & solid - and his judgement for the clear-up off his line at the end was stop-on.

I thought Diamond was a rock at the back, dealt with Clinton the Buffoon really well, and was nice & vocal throughout

Mellor was very solid, and gave us a good outlet at times going forward. He does have to be careful for me he doesn't let his LB defensive duties suffer with his "rampaging" runs forward; as he's not the quickest in getting back, but for an 18 year old making his 5th start, I thought he had a cracking game when all is said and done.

Kieran Lee was his usual self, steady & gave a good outlet on the right with his runs from deep

Tom Adeyemi had his best game for us by far - he drove us on, he hassled & tackled, he joined the midfield & attack, he was everywhere & his goal was superb - desire & cool finish.

Taylor had his best game of the season, he was a threat going forward but he also worked his Niagara's off in tracking back to help out Mellor.

Robbie Simpson also had his best game for us, he won almost all the headers he went for, he was disciplined in his job & he put in some quality crosses from open play. He also did ever so well for the Adeyemi goal too.

Lots of contenders for me; but after a real tricky choice; I've plumped for Tom Adeyemi; for the display & for the crucial 2nd goal.

Who ever voted for Adeyemi wants there heads checking, took the goal well apart from that cant pass, give's to much space and just runs around in circles.............

Even the sky guys made him sound like fooking messi :S

Who ever voted for Adeyemi wants there heads checking, took the goal well apart from that cant pass, give's to much space and just runs around in circles.............

Even the sky guys made him sound like fooking messi :S

So many the 19 people who have voted for him, plus the sky guys see things a little differently to you?

An all round hardworking team performance, with 1 or 2 special mentions for Mellor, Diamond, Simpson and Lee, but in the end I've gone for Taylor who had by far and away his best game of the season.

Thats 1 or 4!!!

Makes a pleasant change for a MOM poll to be difficult doesnt it?!!!

Aside from his goal, which was fantastic, and a good tackle late on, out wide on the right, he didn't do a lot right.

Kind of agree but I think I'm starting to "get" Adeyemi.

He reminds of Stephens when some (me included) thought he was in need of a rest. And we know what happened when he had that rest.

Dickov's always banging on about "shape" and I think his positioning when we haven't got the ball and his movement & running when we have is adding to this massively. (Same goes for Kuqi)

I still think he's quite nervous and if he can settle down a bit and improve his passing he'll be a very good player. Definitely has 10 goals + from midfield in him over a season aswell.

Kind of agree but I think I'm starting to "get" Adeyemi.

He reminds of Stephens when some (me included) thought he was in need of a rest. And we know what happened when he had that rest.

Dickov's always banging on about "shape" and I think his positioning when we haven't got the ball and his movement & running when we have is adding to this massively. (Same goes for Kuqi)

I still think he's quite nervous and if he can settle down a bit and improve his passing he'll be a very good player. Definitely has 10 goals + from midfield in him over a season as well.

An oft used term 'shape' and often misunderstood (me included :unsure: ) - that's why Dickov seems to prefer Simpson over Morais - Simpson sometimes looks as if he is not involved but he does bring a better balance or shape to the team.

Adeyemi still makes too many mistakes for my liking (but he is still learning) but maybe his positional sense and workrate do help the overall team performance.

It's all about playing as a unit and that's why we do well when the majority of the team play well - as happened on Monday.

Hopefully confidence will continue to grow and we move towards the top six. We certainly look in good shape to get there...