Who is latics best new signing

Best of the new boys  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Which of this seasons new boys have impressed you the most so far?

• Alex Cizak
    • James Wesolowski
    • Zander Diamond
    • Nathan Clarke
    • Robbie Simpson
    • Tom Adeyemi
    • Bradley Diallo
    • Matt Smith
    • Josh Parker
    • Shefki Kuqi

Although I imagine Kuqi will get the majority of the votes, my vote also went to Cisak. A good, young keeper who I think could definitely play at a higher level.

Cisak without doubt, solid, often noting spectacular but makes saves when we really need them. Still a kid and frightening how good he could be in ten years time…lots still to work on but 14 games in, in all comps and I don't think he's made one horrendous boo, boo - one or two iffy moments granted but none spring to mind.

Edited by oafcprozac

It's a tough call for me between Cisak and Kuqi. The latter has kick started a faltering attack and has been an inspired signing but is only ever going to be a short term solution (the new Rocket Ronnie, albeit a cut above). Cisak looks like a long term prospect and the lack of any threads complaining about him speaks volume compared to the Brill hatefest of recent years.

Got to be between Kuqi and Wesolowski for me. But I think, over time, Cisak could well prove to be the most valuable.

All three though have been key to the fact we're not languishing in the bottom four.

I also think Parker may turn out to be a very good signing but his injury means we haven't seen enough of him.

It would be interesting to see who would vote for Morais. As a southern based fan I don't see him every week. I reckon I've seen about 8 of his games and yet to see him have a good one. Yet people make out he's too good for this league. I wonder if people over hype him or am I just unlucky and only see his bad games.

I went for Kuqi. Our best signing since Lee Hughes. Pure box office.

I agree about Phil Morris up to a point. I don't think it suits him to come off the bench - for one thing, I think he tries to do too much to impress, when the really impressive thing to do would be to stick to the basics. You can tell he's got that little bit more skill than your average League One forward or attacking midfielder though.

It would be interesting to see who would vote for Morais. As a southern based fan I don't see him every week. I reckon I've seen about 8 of his games and yet to see him have a good one. Yet people make out he's too good for this league. I wonder if people over hype him or am I just unlucky and only see his bad games.

A footballing genius. But a luxury at times.

If Dickov replaces the injured Reid with him in the starting line up I think he'll be a real strength alongside Kuqi.

Interesting that so many people rate Wesolowski so highly, I think he's ok but nothing special. Just goes to show how we all see the game differently :grin:

well this is it isnt it , he isnt spectacular , but does his job so efficiently. Reminds me of the Darren Sheridan mould without the aggression . He goes underated but I think if he was out we would notice it alot

It's a tough call for me between Cisak and Kuqi. The latter has kick started a faltering attack and has been an inspired signing but is only ever going to be a short term solution (the new Rocket Ronnie, albeit a cut above). Cisak looks like a long term prospect and the lack of any threads complaining about him speaks volume compared to the Brill hatefest of recent years.

Exactly that for me - between Cisak & Kuqi.

Because we had to endure 2 seasons of Brill; and a couple of questionable loanee in Flahavan & Amos; Cisak has been a bit of a breath of fresh air between the sticks. Maturity beyond his years, & more than competent in all areas of Goalkeeping I'd say. It's weird, but I don’t feel nervous or panic when the ball is crossed in; when a free-kick is being set-up etc, he has instilled a confidence that I feel as a fan; by his steady performances to date. Such as massive; massive improvement on what we've had before. And, as a youngster; he is someone who if we play our cards right could be with us for a good number of years.

That said, signing a player of Shefki Kuqi's stature is a massive coup for us, and so far he shown exactly what he's all about.

James Wes is also another steady signing; and he quietly goes about his business on the pitch with minimal fuss, but to maximum effect.

Voted for Cisak though in the poll……….

Goals win games so Kuqi all day. A goalscorer which we have been crying out for.

Credit to Dickov though, Wes has been a very steady performer in the centre and Cisak again has been super consistent. I have been impressed with Clarke although he did have a stinker down at Col U. I couldn't grumble with any of those but at the end of the day it is Kuqi who is getting me out of my seat and cheering!

It's a tough call for me between Cisak and Kuqi. The latter has kick started a faltering attack and has been an inspired signing but is only ever going to be a short term solution

You think?

He's fit as a fiddle - I reckon he's got a good 2 to 4 years left in him. Especially at this level.

You think?

He's fit as a fiddle - I reckon he's got a good 2 to 4 years left in him. Especially at this level.

He doesn't look too shabby on the fitness front does he? PD said when he signed that he's an excellent trainer; always was. For a 34 year old; he is still able to tear it around; and doesn't appear to lagging in the final stages.

Even if he is forced to adapt his game somewhat to become an outright 'big lump target man' when his legs do go; he'll still be head & shoulders abover other L1 'big lump' strikers even with no pace / knackered legs.

All being well, even at the age he is now - I'd say big Shef has another 2 to 3 season in him at this level.