I've signed up to a fiver a month recently (I know it's not much but as Latics players' favourite Tesco says, every little helps) and am working on a friend at the moment to do likewise. Every time he scores you can feel as if you contributed to that goal more than ever before!

This is exactly what we needed fans to hear - thanks as I couldn't have put it better myself

That when Kuqi scores and your jumping up and down on the terraces you can actually say my £1.00 a week is paying for that moment.....wow

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm already in Playershare but will chuck an extra fiver in for every time Kuqi scores. It'll be part of the pleasure/ pain experience that I have with Latics.

Paid with pleasure. I'd appreciate it more if he could start scoring at the end I'm sitting in though. Now I'm committed to a fiver a goal I don't want to have to wait to see them on Latics Player. ;)

Im in this is a great idea Twisbrogan has convinced me, It gives me more than £5 joy everytime he scores so i will throw a £5 for every goal from now until the end of the season starting with last night, i am still reluctant to set up a dd but have inthe past made a donation here and there

Also got to say when you make a donation the little thank you e-mail makes a difference to me that it is apprecaited

If Kuqi bags 25 league goal i will donate £250 as a bonus its a big target but im happy to do that

Im in this is a great idea Twisbrogan has convinced me, It gives me more than £5 joy everytime he scores so i will throw a £5 for every goal from now until the end of the season starting with last night, i am still reluctant to set up a dd but have inthe past made a donation here and there

Also got to say when you make a donation the little thank you e-mail makes a difference to me that it is apprecaited

If Kuqi bags 25 league goal i will donate £250 as a bonus its a big target but im happy to do that

Thanks LDA, we are working on how we contact members it has been suggested a monthly "thanks" email/text but as we are all volunteers of various IT/phone technology levels, it could be a good few months off, However, we are working on a "welcome" letter to new and continuing donors and we are hoping to get this up and running in the next few weeks to TBA

Just imagine everytime he scores you can say "I'm helping to pay for this man and the wonder of goals...." thanks again and don't be shy with ideas/suggestions

Underdog can i have the paypal address to send the funds again please cant remember it

Lol should work as a plug for others as well

How about asking Kuqi to donate a shirt of his as a draw at say £1 a ticket with funds going to playershare and get to meet him personally to get the shirt from him?

Here you go, I will put you brill suggestion forward for our next meeting LDA

BY PAYPAL

Donations can be made by PayPal to Playershare

Paid with pleasure. I'd appreciate it more if he could start scoring at the end I'm sitting in though. Now I'm committed to a fiver a goal I don't want to have to wait to see them on Latics Player. ;)

So would we all haha, but not to make you totally skint and all. Great idea and many thanks

Oh dear LDA and TB

Kuqi has scored two today an it's only half time!!!!

Has he heard of your pledge??????......you will have to sell your kidney's before the end of the season you two.laugh.gif

If you can afford your promise, great gentleman, if not don't panic we can work on you both doing a sponsored streak maybe?

thanks again

Every little bit adds up.

Even if somebody can't afford to sign up to regular payments, there's other ways you can contribute, such as one off donations when possible, supporting the fundraising events, or even merely making as many other Latics fans as possible aware of the scheme.

Oh dear LDA and TB

Kuqi has scored two today an it's only half time!!!!

Has he heard of your pledge??????......you will have to sell your kidney's before the end of the season you two.laugh.gif

I can see how this is panning out.

I wasn't at Carlisle game and didn't get the clearest view of his goal at Preston. (Latics Player has since revealed that the goals from open play had very classy touches)

I'm currently building up to a week of sulking as I'll have to miss the Bury match due to a wedding (in-laws, pah!) but this can only be good news to everyone in the Chaddy End. There's now nothing more certain that he'll be making the netting there bulge against Bury to the tune of, most likely, several. Once again, the kids college fund will take the strain and my enjoyment will be limited to the BBC live text, "63 mins. Kuqi goal, right-footed from 30 yards. Assist by Kuqi."

Aside from that. Kuqi. Different gravy.

(BTW. I'm making these Kuqi payments by bank transfer. All looks fine from this end but if, at some point, you can just confirm that Playershare received the two this week so that I know the rest will be hitting home OK that'd be lovely. - DM me if you need dates and bank account names)

• 2 weeks later...

I believe this is how the Greeks and Italians started falling into debt.

The disappointment he showed when being substituted told it all. He knew he was about to tear Crewe a new one. (Cheers PD! :wink: )

How great is it though, to have a striker that is so obviously a real threat that the opposition must spend hours worrying about?

I believe this is how the Greeks and Italians started falling into debt.

The disappointment he showed when being substituted told it all. He knew he was about to tear Crewe a new one. (Cheers PD! :wink: )

How great is it though, to have a striker that is so obviously a real threat that the opposition must spend hours worrying about?

He was definitely gutted. He wanted a hat-trick.

It's great other teams worrying about Kuqi. Scapuzzi can get some flick-ons to Kuqi. Hopefully we'll se goals ,goals and more goals

Edited by oafcmad09

Think it was Porter

Top Scorers all Competitions

10/11 Taylor 11

09/10 Abbott 13

08/09 Hughes 18

07/08 Davies 14

06/07 Porter 23

05/06 Beckett 18

04/05 Killen 15

03/04 Vernon 14

02/03 Eyres 16

01/02 Eyres 13

00/01 Corazzin/Duxbury 10

99/00 Whitehall/Allott 11

98/99 Allott 8

97/98 Barlow 13

How many does he need to beat our previous top scorer , was it Porter or Hughes ?

Tommy Davis - 35 in 1936/7 ! and that's before League Cup or JPT he got 33 in League and two in FA cup. And also got a further three in Third Division North Cup.

Bert Lister got 33 in League and League Cup in 1962/3.