88 members have voted

1. 1. The Poll:

• Yes, what a donkey - send him down
    • No, you got it wrong - he was ace

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a massive berk, but never a donkey.

I'll never forget one story about him I got told: He parked on the double yellows somewhere round BP during training and got a ticket. When he found the ticket he took it in to Shez's office expecting the club to pay it, Shez told him precisely where to stick it and he walked off with his tail between his legs. The very next day he parks in the same place, gets another ticket and takes it into Shez's office again. That is a special kind of stupid.

My top Davies is a nutter incident hasn't been mentioned, but then again I barely recall it meself. We were a goal down to god knows who, and we got a free-kick in thier half. Davies had done naff all during the game and stood over the ball, offended by an oppo blocking a quick take. Booted it at him full force and missed, sending the ball out for a goal kick. Subbed off like a minute later, so yeah nutter yes donkey no.

Edited by oldhamandy1

At the risk of sounding like the craig davies fan club which im not, non of these stories are actually that bad. he kicked a ball at someone, chris taylor has done that countless times. He gets parking tickets! The wife beater one is bad but he wasnt playing for us at the time and it has nothing to do with football. City put up with their nutter setting fire to his bathroom! should people not have not stuck with him longer like sheridan did?

<br /><br /><br />

Bang on Razza, for some reason after that incident there was no way back for him with the fans despite doing nothing wrong on the pitch. He was treated like a lepur from that day on and it was totally over the top. Yes the lad was a few sandwiches short of a picnic but lets face it Hughes wasn't exactly the moststable individual yet he was idolised. If he had headbutted the opponent at rochdale he would have been held in even higher esteem than he already was. I remember his first game back was away at Huddersfield? He pulled is tripe out when he came on.

great footballing ability as has been shown but probably just a bit too mental. Got a brace for Barnsley at the weekend. I wouldn't have him back now but would have seriously considered it in the seasons inbetween as our toothlessness upfront has been laughable.

Yet after bombing him out, Sheridan the daft :censored: re-signed him for Chesterfield!!!!!

At the risk of sounding like the craig davies fan club which im not, non of these stories are actually that bad. he kicked a ball at someone, chris taylor has done that countless times. He gets parking tickets! The wife beater one is bad but he wasnt playing for us at the time and it has nothing to do with football. City put up with their nutter setting fire to his bathroom! should people not have not stuck with him longer like sheridan did?

You mean the same Sheridan who loaned him out and then sold him to Brighton for more than what he paid for him? We can't afford to be carrying an extra wage because someone needs to grow up mentally- Davies was probably on a good wage at the time we sold him. He has grown up since but we already had one loose cannon at the club with far more misdemeanours in his history when we sold him, plus the temperamental Windass was soon signed as well. If Davies had been playing back then like he is now we wouldn't have sold him- he wasn't so we did.

Fast losing respect for whoever proposes these, what a stupid suggestion.

Oh Monty, Monty, Monty. Wouldn't it be such a dull world if we all had the same opinions? Wouldn't it? Yes it would, Monty. Yes. It. Would.

FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME! We're not here to put the players in or keep them out, you lot are. We throw a few definates in, some borderlines and maybe the odd few that just rekindle the views and opinions of messageboard wars long since gone. We knew there was a massive split on Davies, and we thought it would be a good thing to revisit this one so here he is. If we kept putting up names like Facey and Penney and the like it would get a bit samey real quick.

Anyone who headbutts an opposing player 2 foot away from the refereee who's looking directly at them needs their head testing. The :censored:ing goon.

I controversially picked donkey. I half regret it really, it was a bit of a kneejerk impulse twitch I had with the mouse button. I'd take it back if I could. But I can't.

He had an unbridged raw talent, but has nowhere near enough consistancy to be a regular at this level. What's that? He's in the division above? Ahh bollocks, some people are clearly pretenders in this game. He'll soon be at his natural level, knocking them in for someone like Shrewsbury.

Actually, I do forget he was a key part of that side that had a tremendous run of away wins on the trot in 07-08, culminating in that fine win at Everton where he worked his :censored:ing nads off. He was still :censored: though. It were a lucky streak.

My top Davies is a nutter incident hasn't been mentioned, but then again I barely recall it meself. We were a goal down to god knows who, and we got a free-kick in thier half. Davies had done naff all during the game and stood over the ball, offended by an oppo blocking a quick take. Booted it at him full force and missed, sending the ball out for a goal kick. Subbed off like a minute later, so yeah nutter yes donkey no.

That was Richie Wellens.

I once came out of the club shop and was about to cross the road when a Range Rover sport came up Sheep Foot lane at about 60mph. I jumped back onto the pavement. The car then slammed on and reversed at about 50mph stopped next to me, the window came down and Davies who was driving said 'you alright?' I said yeah and he wheel span off.

Only to slam on at the top of the road.

I once came out of the club shop and was about to cross the road when a Range Rover sport came up Sheep Foot lane at about 60mph. I jumped back onto the pavement. The car then slammed on and reversed at about 50mph stopped next to me, the window came down and Davies who was driving said 'you alright?' I said yeah and he wheel span off.

:lol:

speaking of cars I saw Reids Audi outside BP on Saturday , very nice

Ha ha, there's a pattern emerging here. Dean Furman almost killed me earlier this season while not playing due to injury. I was crossing Carlton Way at about 2.30pm on a matchday and Deano came hurtling round the corner (presumably running late) in his big fancy Mercedes, steering with one hand and texting with the other, nearly took me out.

In fairness to him though he did let go of the steering wheel completely in order to wave an apology to me when he realised what he'd done :grin:

I did click on Donkey but perhaps will retract it due to the fact he did score quite a few. He definetly gets the award for being one of the most frustrating players ever though.

If I remember rightly, he had been picked for Wales at some point but was unable to travel with the team to an away match as he forgot his passport.

Oh Monty, Monty, Monty. Wouldn't it be such a dull world if we all had the same opinions? Wouldn't it? Yes it would, Monty. Yes. It. Would.

FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME! We're not here to put the players in or keep them out, you lot are. We throw a few definates in, some borderlines and maybe the odd few that just rekindle the views and opinions of messageboard wars long since gone. We knew there was a massive split on Davies, and we thought it would be a good thing to revisit this one so here he is. If we kept putting up names like Facey and Penney and the like it would get a bit samey real quick.

FOR THE FIRST TIME You are letting your personal (often wrong) opinion cloud your selections. Your blurb is biased and makes you look silly.

FOR THE FIRST TIME You are letting your personal (often wrong) opinion cloud your selections. Your blurb is biased and makes you look silly.

We're sorry you don't like our little game Monty, and that our opinions differ. Wait. That was kind of our point. No matter. Can we suggest that you look the other way when we post up Tony Carss* next week as your blood will boil with rage? We shall crack on regardless!

Minus Monty, clearly.

*The Tony Carrs thing is sarcasm, just in case.

Yeah yeah, Stitch will be up here before we know it. Please dont minus this post, I really give a :censored:!!!

Poor poor choice, glad its been put in its place!

Yes PV was so wrong to do that, how dare he (have a sense of humour)!!! :lol:

Edited by jimsleftfoot