Craig Davies

Will you send him to the sanctuary?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. The Poll:

• Yes, what a donkey - send him down
    • No, you got it wrong - he was ace

Facey went for the long walk, as expected but will our next controversial sacrifice?

1zcmk28.png

Name: Craig Davies

Postion: Forward

Bio: Brought in from Hellas Verona (via a loan at Wolves) on the 27th June 2007 for a "nominal fee", Davies made his debut against Swansea City and fooled everybody by scoring the winner. He played 54 times for Oldham netting 13 times in all competitions. After a loan spell at Stockport, he left for Brighton on the 1st November 2008.

Correction due to an anorak pointing out that we didn't get anywhere near the true value of Davies' poor return per game.

EDIT #2: I'm not changing it again you bunch of :censored:ing tosspots

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a donkey, purely for the 634th minute winner at Prenton Park, but by far one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched.

Someone find that MS Paint drawing someone did of that moment at Tranmere :lol:

Fairly sure he scored 13 goals for us ... but in over 50 games.

But well above the Donkey Sanctuary.

Not a hope in hell he should even be considered.

Didn't deliver what his talent should have done, but did so much more than many others.

He scored 15 (he was credited with the third goal at Leeds retrospectively and scored the following season in the League Cup v Mansfield)

Oh and head case yes, Donkey never….

Edited by oafcprozac

A Donkey in my eyes is someone who lacks Footballing ability, yes he was lazy at times but if you thought Craig Davies was a poor Footballer then I'd have to question your Footballing knowledge. In fact I'd go as far to say that he's one of the better strikers we've had in the last 5 years I'd certainly have him over the likes of O'Grady, Tounkara, Keigan Parker, Ormerod, Windass, Kabba, Smalley, Byfield, Wolfenden, Guy, Blackman, Feeney hell I'd even have him over Paul Warne. That goal against Huddersfield was one of the best goals I've ever seen a Latics player score, plus there were others like the time he tore Doncasters defence in two during the FA Cup (the season they got Promotion) and the forward line of him, Hughes, Kilkenny and Smalley tearing Leeds a new one on New Years day

Not a donkey, purely for the 634th minute winner at Prenton Park, but by far one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched.

Someone find that MS Paint drawing someone did of that moment at Tranmere :lol:

That sums it nicely for me....

Not a donkey, far from it. Head case? Yes, wasted talent? erm Yes. But donkey? No!

<br />Mental but no donkey<br /><br /><br />Never heard our own player get as much stick as he got after his Rochdale headbutt <br /><br /><br />And Hughes started it<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Bang on Razza, for some reason after that incident there was no way back for him with the fans despite doing nothing wrong on the pitch. He was treated like a lepur from that day on and it was totally over the top. Yes the lad was a few sandwiches short of a picnic but lets face it Hughes wasn't exactly the moststable individual yet he was idolised. If he had headbutted the opponent at rochdale he would have been held in even higher esteem than he already was. I remember his first game back was away at Huddersfield? He pulled is tripe out when he came on.

great footballing ability as has been shown but probably just a bit too mental. Got a brace for Barnsley at the weekend. I wouldn't have him back now but would have seriously considered it in the seasons inbetween as our toothlessness upfront has been laughable.

As others have pointed out, one of the most frustrating players we've had in recent years. If he had anything resembling a football brain, or just a brain, he'd have been a very useful player at this level. One of my standout memories of him is him missing about a 100 one on ones against Luton on a Tuesday night...

If Craig Davies makes the donkey sanctuary I'll eat my Dad's socks.

He was a bit eccentric, but he was a good footballer and now after a few seasons at League 2 Chesterfield he has sorted his head out and showing his true quality in the Championship. His trip to the last chance saloon has worked for him.

davies was a naturally gifted footballer who needed to knuckle down. I don't really understand why people appear to jump on the mental bandwaggon though. Because he once got sent off for a headbutt, it wasn't like he did it all the time.

never a donkey in a million years

davies was a naturally gifted footballer who needed to knuckle down. I don't really understand why people appear to jump on the mental bandwaggon though. Because he once got sent off for a headbutt, it wasn't like he did it all the time.

never a donkey in a million years

I think he also got sent off for something dubious playing for the Welshies, and don't forget the violence against a woman incident.