Take advantage of the 'glory fans'?

With more people expected to go to Anfield because it's Anfield and that we'll probably get a higher following there than any of our home games, we've got to take advantage of Oldham having 'glory supporters' surely?

so for every liverpool ticket, offer a free/reduced ticket for the hartlepool and notts county games, or both?

theyre both on boxing day and new years eve so it wouldnt benefit for those games, but with a bigger attendance, it might cause a few people to come back after the cup game and make a buzz last a bit longer?

just a thought?

Deadright ,we have to take advantage of these rare games.

We should say those non S/T holders can obtain an Anfield ticket by using a voucher in the Hartlepool programe.

Double bonus then of getting then in for a league game and generating a better atmosphere .

Thought Tuesday was dead from that point and we should take advantage.

Then when we get to Wembley -

Season ticket holders first .

Those with a liverpool stub next

Then on general sale for those attending a league match in February.

Deadright ,we have to take advantage of these rare games.

We should say those non S/T holders can obtain an Anfield ticket by using a voucher in the Hartlepool programe.

Double bonus then of getting then in for a league game and generating a better atmosphere .

Thought Tuesday was dead from that point and we should take advantage.

Then when we get to Wembley -

Season ticket holders first .

Those with a liverpool stub next

Then on general sale for those attending a league match in February.

I was thinking a long similar lines.

I would sell to season ticket holders first

Then to anyone who has a ticket stub from the Hartlepool game

Then to the general public.

It should add a few on the gate

ive been to every home game this season and the last 20 years give or take including a couple away games this season

I dont have a season ticket and havent for the last few years,Pay on the gate every week

now I cant make the next 2 home games due to familly commitments

should that count against me if I cant get a voucher at the hartlepool game??

Edited by palmer1

Does the club expect to sell out our whole allocation of Liverpool tickets? I doubt they will if i'm honest. Therefore anything that stops people attending the Liverpool game is a bad idea. You want them on sale as soon as possible prior to Xmas. Also the idea that the friends and family of ST holders who don't normally go, should be more valued than non ST holders who do go, is flawed logic.

I think the idea of offering a discount for Hartlepool etc to those going to Liverpool makes more sense, but that would also punish those that just want to go to the home games and not Liverpool. Perhaps it would be best to lower all ticket prices for the Hartlepool game and use it as a marketing tool when people come for Liverpool tickets.

Palmer 1....if u have supported as u say ...you will surely know a season ticket holder who will get you a ticket in his allocation will you not ?

yes i do bleedin say!

yes i know that of course i have a least 8 people that will get me one if i need

my point is the idea is flawed, some people may not be in the same position as myself in regrds to knowing season tkt holders

and why should I have to depend on others? what if they wish to take a familly member who may have lapsed in watching latics to remind them off the good times

There will probably be enough tickets to go round, so no point getting too excited.

But it's right that season ticket holders get first dibs (and I'd suggest 2 each would be fair - but that's one for debate).

I do favour promoting half-season tickets to those who want a Liverpool ticket. Perhaps knocking £25 off the price of the season ticket to accommodate a new longer term commitment if you're going to Liverpool as well.

I also think it's right that the club looks to drive extra revenue from this. It's logical. It makes sense. The Notts County and Hartlepool games just happen to be the two that come next. Perhaps you could pacify those who can't make those games by saying "show a club shop receipt for a spend over a certain amount in December and you can have priority after season ticket holders". A small time window that prioritises Liverpool tickets for those who agree to come to the two festive games seems sensible business.

After that ... first come first served.

No scheme will ever make everybody happy. But while we all sit around moaning about the poor state of the ground, the lack of faciltiies for fans etc, we really should encourage the club to generate the revenue that gives some chance of those things being addressed.

Its not about keeping anybody away from any games , it's just about how Latics can gain financially and boost gates for league games.

I know all clubs have their glory fans etc etc and if they want tickets for the cup then fine but at least lets see if we can get them to a league game.

If that means trying to blackmail them with cup tickets so beit !!! :wink:

I was thinking a long similar lines.

I would sell to season ticket holders first

Then to anyone who has a ticket stub from the Hartlepool game

Then to the general public.

It should add a few on the gate

I am not a season ticket holder, nor will I have a ticket stub from the Hartelpool game. How do you suggest I get a ticket for the Liverpool game Doctor?!

I am not a season ticket holder, nor will I have a ticket stub from the Hartelpool game. How do you suggest I get a ticket for the Liverpool game Doctor?!

Of course you should go. But you will be behind season ticket holders and then Hartlepool ticket stub holders in the queue. My suggest was only an idea to generate more income and an increase in home attendance, nothing against individuals.