United complaining about seats

United have complained to the FA about their seat allocation at Eastlands for the FA cup tie. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16260753.stm

The same United who have special dispensation to allow them to only have to sell 11% of their ground to away fans for the FA cup are moaning when someone sells them 11% its a bit rich.

Relevant to Latics it would mean our allocation at Anfield would have to be 6700 (instead of the 6100 tickets we have got and the 6300 that section of the Anfield road stand holds)

Why should United be treated differently to any other side? At the end of the day they're just another football team. If city are planning to sell all their tickets then I think it's fair that United only get a normal amount of tickets.

Edited by oafcmad09

Why should United be treated differently to any other side? At the end of the day they're just another football team. If city are planning to sell all their tickets then I think it's fair that United only get a normal amount of tickets.

Think of it in terms of seats, with the amount of seats that OT has compared to other premier league clubs their 11% allocation is much closer to 15% other teams must have.

Think of it in terms of seats, with the amount of seats that OT has compared to other premier league clubs their 11% allocation is much closer to 15% other teams must have.

If Liverpool were playing at Boundary Park we would only have to give them the small section of the RRE. They have to give us 4500 more seats, a difference less than the difference between 15 and 11% of Old Trafford. If you have a big stadium you need to give away fans more no matter if you play in front of 35000 or 76000. If United win the dispute I hope they go through and get someone at home who demands the 15%.

If it was the other way round would City complain- well no because it has already happened.

I think one of two things will happen here- United win the dispute but are told the dispensation for them no longer applies or they loose and City get away with it because its the same at United.

Edited by rudemedic

I never realised United had that dispensation until today. How the :censored: did they get that? That's a disgrace. They should have to offer the same proportion of their ground as every other club, regardless of their huge stadium capacity. I think City know they're going to have to adjust the figure but you've got to admire their mischief.