Undisclosed

Cheers.. Wonder if we had a look? Although if a fee was involved and clubs with more wonga than us interested then maybe not.

Cheers.. Wonder if we had a look? Although if a fee was involved and clubs with more wonga than us interested then maybe not.

A fee of six figures sounds like the chairman is getting a bit giddy to me but fair play to him as he's their lad and he's scored some goals at a reasonable, if not top, level of non league football. If we spotted Smith I think we would have spotted this lad but Smith was a free agent. Interesting Connor Jennings was with them from 17, I wonder if he'd been at a league club before that as a youngster.

Edited by astottie

A fee of six figures sounds like the chairman is getting a bit giddy to me but fair play to him as he's their lad and he's scored some goals at a reasonable, if not top, level of non league football. If we spotted Smith I think we would have spotted this lad but Smith was a free agent. Interesting Connor Jennings was with them from 17, I wonder if he'd been at a league club before that as a youngster.

Jennings is young, quick, aggresive and scores goals..there's quite a few like him still in non league who could do well in league football if given the chance. I hear Danny LLoyd the winger at Colwyn Bay is a bit special.

Edited by BP1960

Connor Jennings - Stalybridge to Scunthorpe, undisclosed!

Anyone know anything about him?

I went to watch my local team Stalybridge play Hyde on New Years Day and my dad made the point of mentioning why are the likes of Scunny getting to our local non leaguers ahead of Latics, which is a fair point.

My answer was perhaps we have looked at him and he is not good enough.

I watched him and he definately was not quick enough, definately not big enough and definately nowhere near sharp enough for League 2 let alone League 1 IMO.

A certain Scott Spencer of Hyde on the other hand, looked a very different player!!!

I went to watch my local team Stalybridge play Hyde on New Years Day and my dad made the point of mentioning why are the likes of Scunny getting to our local non leaguers ahead of Latics, which is a fair point.

My answer was perhaps we have looked at him and he is not good enough.

I watched him and he definately was not quick enough, definately not big enough and definately nowhere near sharp enough for League 2 let alone League 1 IMO.

A certain Scott Spencer of Hyde on the other hand, looked a very different player!!!

IMO neither Jennings or Spencer are anywhere near the class of young Droylsden midfielder Dan Gardner, if anyone had been at Stalybridge last Saturday they could not have failed to have been impressed by him.

Having said that I think Jennings will do well at Scunthorpe, he looked to me to have the right attitude and a determination to improve.

I have found this short video of last weeks Stalybridge v Droylsden match,,check after about 2 minutes Droylsden's Dan Gardner (number 7 in the red) making a typical surging run from midfield, it's a good example of his skills.

Edited by BP1960

when Latics are away i regularly attend Colwyn Bay games, as mentioned they had a winger called Danny LLoyd on their books, he is quality, he is raw but anyone who knows anything about football can see he has ability, however, there had been many scouts at some games, our very own living legend David Eyres was there watching him a few weeks back, he scored a hat trick against Droylsden and since then he has been transfered to Lincoln City who have offered him full time football, its a shame Latics didnt get to give him a trial, I think he could have done a job for us in a season or so. I have seen a few decent players at the Blue Square north level and with the right guidance and coaching could quite easily step up to league level, Colwyn Bay have a full back called Luke Denson who is young and decent, Rd Mcdonald was at the bay for the opening 15 games of the season and it was evident that he was better than that level, he has since been transfered, its all about a league manager having the bottle to take a punt on young and inexperienced talent..

when Latics are away i regularly attend Colwyn Bay games, as mentioned they had a winger called Danny LLoyd on their books, he is quality, he is raw but anyone who knows anything about football can see he has ability, however, there had been many scouts at some games, our very own living legend David Eyres was there watching him a few weeks back, he scored a hat trick against Droylsden and since then he has been transfered to Lincoln City who have offered him full time football, its a shame Latics didnt get to give him a trial, I think he could have done a job for us in a season or so. I have seen a few decent players at the Blue Square north level and with the right guidance and coaching could quite easily step up to league level, Colwyn Bay have a full back called Luke Denson who is young and decent, Rd Mcdonald was at the bay for the opening 15 games of the season and it was evident that he was better than that level, he has since been transfered, its all about a league manager having the bottle to take a punt on young and inexperienced talent..

Who is Eyresy scouting for?

Now Lloyd is with Lincoln City I expect him to take the Conference easily in his stride.

Edited by BP1960

not sure who Eyresy is scouting for but i sat near him and over heard him say to his mate that he had to keep an eye out for the winger, i assumed it was LLoyd, and when Lloyd bagged his second goal,Eyresy's mate said he looks a bit special so I put 2 and 2 together and hey presto 25...lol and I agree Danny Lloyd will definately take the Conference in his stride.

Rd Mcdonald was at the bay for the opening 15 games of the season and it was evident that he was better than that level, he has since been transfered, its all about a league manager having the bottle to take a punt on young and inexperienced talent..

Where did McDonald go? I saw him first game of the season for CB at Bishop's Stortford and he was definitely better than that.

I'll be interested to see how BS' latest acquisition gets on. Reinel (Ricky) Sappleton, ex Macclesfield but was at Leicester as a youngster during what would have been PD and GT's time. Had a few injury problems but roughly the size of a Sherman tank - makes Emile Heskey look like Messi (sizewise!). Judging by his debut display on Saturday he's probably better than that level.