Replay of the match on tv

I've downloaded and watched the first half just now. For the first 35 mins we were actually far better than I realised on the night. The more likely to score and certainly were matching Liverpool. The deflected Bellamy goal we all know was fortunate and his face said it all. The Penalty was soft and perhaps the challenge to allow it even more so. It was sailing way over Maxi's head and away out of danger. The Pen itself went in off the under side of the bar. Another 2 inches and it crashes out and not a goal. All if's and but's I know but yeah be proud of that first half showing.

Edited by Lags

Just seen the first half on LTV.....Very unfortunate to be behind. Wicked deflection and the penalty was softer than i thought when i saw it at the match.

They didn't show it at any sort of decent angle, but the deflection looked a lot like handball on second viewing, to me!

They didn't show it at any sort of decent angle, but the deflection looked a lot like handball on second viewing, to me!

I thougt handball at the time. I was at an angle where I could see that his head did not touch it and there is no way it came off his body at that pace. Also the penalty was clearly an offside. The ball is coming directly to the offside Liverpool player who stops the full back getting to the ball by his presence. He is therefore active. Both bad decisions down to the assistabnt rather than the referee. The ref could not have seen the punch from his angle, and he looked at the assistant twice before giving the penalty expecting a flag that did not come.

Stewrat

Edited by stewrat