The signing of Simpson permanently

Its only 3 posts at the bottom of that, but it clearly shows they just don't rate him.

So that's Clark who doesn't rate him & their fans too.

He comes here & has been a revelation. It's amazing what good management, playing a run of games & feeling wanted, valued and full of confiedence can do isn't it?

I'm actually gutted we couldn't push through the deal sooner, so he was eligable to play against them. In the form he's shown for us, I think he would have surprised that horrible lot from over t'hills, sure he would have had a stormer.

Ah well - we'll just have win it for him eh? then let him on the pitch a full-time to gloat!! :wink:

Town fan here. I'm a season ticket holder but to he honest, I have hardly seen Simpson play and I really don't have an opinion about whether he is any good or not. The first season he was with us, he had a thigh injury and he was just never fit. He only played a handful of games and not because he wasn't picked, but because he was never available. Clark lost patience I think and he was loaned out to Brentford for the season last year and he missed a fair bit of last season injured as well. I think the overwhelming view of most Town fans is not that he is a bad player, but that he is a sick note. Good luck to him, I hope he does well for you and remains fit. We were never going to agree to him playing against us tomorrow.

Town fan here. I'm a season ticket holder but to he honest, I have hardly seen Simpson play and I really don't have an opinion about whether he is any good or not. The first season he was with us, he had a thigh injury and he was just never fit. He only played a handful of games and not because he wasn't picked, but because he was never available. Clark lost patience I think and he was loaned out to Brentford for the season last year and he missed a fair bit of last season injured as well. I think the overwhelming view of most Town fans is not that he is a bad player, but that he is a sick note. Good luck to him, I hope he does well for you and remains fit. We were never going to agree to him playing against us tomorrow.

To reiterate the above, I go to most home games and a few away and I think I've seen Simpson play once.

He is a championship player imo playing for a league 1 side, even v liverpool he didnt look out of place and was one of our best preformers however he set-pieces werent as good as they usually are beacuse he is a top class deliver of a ball

May the best team win tomorrow

Whilst I don't want to pick fault with any of the Latics performances at Anfield, Simpson's set pieces were appalling. Otherwise, like you say, his performance was very good, much like the rest of the team.

He is a championship player imo playing for a league 1 side, even v liverpool he didnt look out of place and was one of our best preformers however he set-pieces werent as good as they usually are beacuse he is a top class deliver of a ball

May the best team win tomorrow

Don't agree with that.

I hope Oldham win whether they are the best or worst team. No offence SSH. :grin:

Can't understand why he is only signing to the end of the season. Seems crazy to me.

He is keeping his options open - he has a good chance of winning something this year with us and putting himself in the shop window, win - win situation for him. He can probably get hinself a championship side in the summer or If we do manage to scrape into the play-offs and go up he can negotiate a new contract on better terms with us. He is in a good position either way.

Only signing tell the end of the season is very disappointing imo.

We are halfway through January , little more than a loan extension in reality.

The worst aspect of modern low level football for me is the continuous huge turnaround in players every summer , no chance of ever building a team with any kind of 3 or 5 year plan nowadays.

I do understand though why this suits both players & management though at cash strapped clubs like us.

We are now on 15 years in Division 3 , only 2 less than we spent in Division 2 in the 70's & 80's .....we don't move up & down much do we ?

In tonight’s rarely-wrong Chron, Simpson says:

“Huddersfield have offered terms to terminate my contract. I have made a couple of minor adjustments to that, given it back to Huddersfield and am waiting to hear back from them now.”

Chron

Seems fair enough. Probably angling for a win bonus from Saturday after all, if he HAD have been able to play for us, the result would've been different. By sitting on the sidelines, he probably did just as much as Rhodes.

I don't think so. Isn't he on loan until he signs permanently, or until the season ends if permanent terms are not agreed?

I thought the loan was only until the end of January, pending permanent deal.

But I can't find anything on the fishal that confirms or otherwise.