Do people think he's gone slightly off the boil recently? He's had a poor couple of games, and I'm not going to slate him, but I think he either needs a rest, or a strike partner up front (and I'm not sure Reid is an ideal partner to shefki) to relieve the pressure off him as he seems to be trying too hard and not pulling anything off.

Thoughts?

Thought at Chesterfield recently Smith got better as the game went on,feel if were looking to rest Kuqi then he deserves his chance.Also Kuqi runs his balls off so after an hour he looks as though he's ready for subbing,having Reid back may make a difference over the next few weeks.

You cannot seriously question his work rate. So where does this rest thing come from. He needs support to allow him to also work in the box. The only difference to a few weeks agon he was netting. Get Simpson back in drop Parker to the bench and certainly at home get a striker along side him.

You cannot seriously question his work rate. So where does this rest thing come from. He needs support to allow him to also work in the box. The only difference to a few weeks agon he was netting. Get Simpson back in drop Parker to the bench and certainly at home get a striker along side him.

Agreed. His workrate (especially today) is that of a 20 year old, he leads by example with his work ethic. his goal scoring record is still accaptable even tho he has not bagged for a while...he is not to blame, he needs a better supply line as every striker does.........imo

Iv been saying this for a few weeks. He definitely needs a rest. He joined us fully fresh and raring to go and look what he could do. Unfortunately he has just ran out of steam. Personally I think Dickov is scared to take him off. If it wasn't his mate, he would of been subbed a few times.

Come on Dickov open your eyes!!!

Iv been saying this for a few weeks. He definitely needs a rest. He joined us fully fresh and raring to go and look what he could do. Unfortunately he has just ran out of steam. Personally I think Dickov is scared to take him off. If it wasn't his mate, he would of been subbed a few times.

Come on Dickov open your eyes!!!

He definately does not need a rest, I agree theres something wrong, but he works harder than most of the team...........it aint a rest its a different style of play, a partner, a supply line etc not a rest

I am not questioning Kuqi,I feel that because of his work rate,age etc Smith would be better for the last 20-30 minutes.Simpson makes a big difference,cant help but think we wouldn't have lost today if Robbie had played.

The problem is though if we rest Kuqi the goal drought lasts longer, maybe not in playing time but in actual time. Besides he is the highest paid player at the club, I'd move Simpson back out onto the right but the option of coming inside so Lee can overlap, Kuqi goes to where Simpson plays and Reid when fit up top on his own. It would Kuqi the chance to do all the running he does but sill have an offensive outlet constantly up front, but I look forward to seeing what Dickov does when Reid is fully fit.

Agree with Grim. Think Simpson would have seen us through yesterday and given Kuqi support where he was very isolated, often needing to deal with 2 or 3 defenders on his own. On the whole, I thought Kuqi did well yesterday and I don't think he needs a rest. I still think he offers a lot, even when not scoring and think back to before his arrival when we looked toothless up front.

Hudds report

Interesting that this Hudds view is that Kuqi didn't get the service.

My view also in recent matches where Simpson has been missing.

But Kuqi has been toss really when all is said & done for a good while now. He was making toss performances when Simpson was still with us 1st time around.

I take the point that he might now get a bit better service now Robbie can play again - chances are he might - but even with decent service, his touch has been :censored:e, his shooting naff & wayward to say the least - and he seems more concerned with arguing with the officials than he does focussing on the game, getting into the box & scoring goals.

As soon as Reid is fit, I'd be looking to drop (that's drop - not rest, drop!) Kuqi. The problem with that is that from we saw last season & the start of this one - it's going to take Reuben Reid a good while to get fit after his injury.....so we're stuck with an out of form, out of sorts & (IMO - out of motivation) Kuqi for the forseeable future, as Matt Smith isn't the answer either IMO.