Chrissy T

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Taylor needs to concentrate more on the game instead of moaning at the ref, adjusting his shorts and looking into the crowd to check his dad hasn't been chucked out

I'm sure i seen his dad, running down Snakes Pass.. carrying 17 crates of Skol in a Brian Kilcline wig shouting Donald wheres yer trousers.. :shock:

Couldnt give a toss about him mouthing off, he doesnt get into that much trouble because of it.

More concerned about his final ball. For me its why he will always play at this level.

He is a good L1 player, almost good enough to play at a higher level but sadly just hasn't improved enough to make the step up. If he could put in a good cross I dont think he would still be here.

I am happy to have him playing for us, can't see us replacing him with any better players whether he goes for a fee or for free.

So you're saying you wouldn't go out on a date with him if he offered to take you to Da Mario's?

After about 15mins of his fake manc accent and constant adjusting of his paul black hand me down chinos i would eat my pepperoni pizza down my corona drop him off at bamboogi and go back to the shay wake

He should've been dropped months ago, at least to show his place in the starting XI isn't guaranteed just like nobody else's should be. Unfortunately, it seems his place in the starting line-up is guaranteed, and we're going to continue seeing mediocre, half-arsed performances from him for the foreseeable future. We need to cash in on him as soon as possible imo.

Chris Taylor needs to concentrate more on the game instead of moaning at the ref, adjusting his shorts and looking into the crowd to check his dad hasn't been chucked out

That could apply to PD too with his constant moaning to the 4th official, it's setting a a bad example for players.

The guy is a complete tool - hearing him speak shows he must be one of, if not the, bluntest tools in the box - it's no wonder he can't vary his game and actually understand that if he used his pace to good effect and worked on crossing and whipping balls over, that he might actually improve and fulfill his role as a winger ala Eyres and Holden.

He is all pace and fook all else.

He has been average for 3 years now - i've said it before and i'll say it time and again - if he was championship standard he would have gone when he played his best football in the shez playoff year when we had serious offers for him - there is a reason he hasn't and in some ways i am pleased that people are now opening their eyes to see the average player that he is.

He should be commended for staying with us when the mighty scunthorpe came for him last season - maybe not a step up club-wise but if you believe the rumours i have heard that they offered to make him their highest paid on £2.5k a week and he said no, then fair play for not following the gravy train the first chance he gets, Oldham fan or not.

He does try, again not in too much doubt, but his endless moaning - in the pre season game at mossley he said to the lino 'how the :censored: did you give that throw in to them? where the :censored: did that come from?' - this is in a PRE SEASON game arguing over a bloomin THROW IN is just pathetic.

He is a brilliant actor when winning us free kicks for not being touched at all.

Given his performances over the past three years, his (lack of a) footballing brain in creating chances/crosses and the fact that he is 25/6 and never going to improve from hereonin, i'd suggest we ££££ in on him while we can and allow him to follow his acting career.

Whilst he is with us, i do agree with others in that his pace does allow him to carry the ball a decent distance to advance us, but beyond that he is neither use nor ornament as above.

He needed dropping a long time ago - it disappoints me that a promising manager like PD has immediately (it seems) jumped on the bandwaggon of 'i must not drop Chris Taylor as he is an oldham fan and the fans will get on my back if i do' - the guy has been coasting for the past 2 seasons, which to be fair most of us may do in our jobs if we are comfortable in a position and feel me may be beyond reproach in most scenarios regards performance - NO ONE should be beyond being dropped, whoever you are.

Drop him, tell him to shut his fookin gob and use his energe practicing crossing the ball to our strikers - the same goes for the RW by the way - if our striker(s) kn(e)ow that as soon as person X gets it he is going to look to cross it into the box first chance he gets then i guarantee the team as a whole would be more of an attacking threat.

Instead wingers will flip flap and want to beat their man every time before delivering any form of service - one thing Hudders did on saturday was an early cross from which Rhodes nearly scored.

Drop Chris for 5 games and play young Connor Hughes - pace and looks to whip crosses over with a fair frequency - you know he will put a shift in and he would be no worse than Chris for end product - even if he didn't have any joy for 85mins, if he puts a cross in for Kuqi to head us to Wembley it will have been more than Taylor does in one normal game of gobbing off, short-adjusting and no end-product supply-wise.

Thanks Chris but please, fook off and let us have the cash - you won't make it in the championship so that's fine by me - you've not REALLY made it as a star in our league when all is said and done and although you and some of our fans may think it, you are CERTAINLY NOT our best player, not by any means.

Edited by shefflatic

The guy is a complete tool - hearing him speak shows he must be one of, if not the, bluntest tools in the box - it's no wonder he can't vary his game and actually understand that if he used his pace to good effect and worked on crossing and whipping balls over, that he might actually improve and fulfill his role as a winger ala Eyres and Holden.

He is all pace and fook all else.

He has been average for 3 years now - i've said it before and i'll say it time and again - if he was championship standard he would have gone when he played his best football in the shez playoff year when we had serious offers for him - there is a reason he hasn't and in some ways i am pleased that people are now opening their eyes to see the average player that he is.

He should be commended for staying with us when the mighty scunthorpe came for him last season - maybe not a step up club-wise but if you believe the rumours i have heard that they offered to make him their highest paid on £2.5k a week and he said no, then fair play for not following the gravy train the first chance he gets, Oldham fan or not.

He does try, again not in too much doubt, but his endless moaning - in the pre season game at mossley he said to the lino 'how the :censored: did you give that throw in to them? where the :censored: did that come from?' - this is in a PRE SEASON game arguing over a bloomin THROW IN is just pathetic.

He is a brilliant actor when winning us free kicks for not being touched at all.

Given his performances over the past three years, his (lack of a) footballing brain in creating chances/crosses and the fact that he is 25/6 and never going to improve from hereonin, i'd suggest we ££££ in on him while we can and allow him to follow his acting career.

Whilst he is with us, i do agree with others in that his pace does allow him to carry the ball a decent distance to advance us, but beyond that he is neither use nor ornament as above.

He needed dropping a long time ago - it disappoints me that a promising manager like PD has immediately (it seems) jumped on the bandwaggon of 'i must not drop Chris Taylor as he is an oldham fan and the fans will get on my back if i do' - the guy has been coasting for the past 2 seasons, which to be fair most of us may do in our jobs if we are comfortable in a position and feel me may be beyond reproach in most scenarios regards performance - NO ONE should be beyond being dropped, whoever you are.

Drop him, tell him to shut his fookin gob and use his energe practicing crossing the ball to our strikers - the same goes for the RW by the way - if our striker(s) kn(e)ow that as soon as person X gets it he is going to look to cross it into the box first chance he gets then i guarantee the team as a whole would be more of an attacking threat.

Instead wingers will flip flap and want to beat their man every time before delivering any form of service - one thing Hudders did on saturday was an early cross from which Rhodes nearly scored.

Drop Chris for 5 games and play young Connor Hughes - pace and looks to whip crosses over with a fair frequency - you know he will put a shift in and he would be no worse than Chris for end product - even if he didn't have any joy for 85mins, if he puts a cross in for Kuqi to head us to Wembley it will have been more than Taylor does in one normal game of gobbing off, short-adjusting and no end-product supply-wise.

Thanks Chris but please, fook off and let us have the cash - you won't make it in the championship so that's fine by me - you've not REALLY made it as a star in our league when all is said and done and although you and some of our fans may think it, you are CERTAINLY NOT our best player, not by any means.

Either Mrs Sheff has sampled some of Chrissys Ginger rubics or you just don't like him then?

I deduce Dear Watson....

Either Mrs Sheff has sampled some of Chrissys Ginger rubics or you just don't like him then?

I deduce Dear Watson....

1) Mrs Sheff is not in situ

2) i don't 'not' like him, he frustrates me in his constant on-pitch whinging, his big-balls attitude when he has done nothing of note in his career to warrant such an ego.

3) he just isn't as good as he and some fans think he is - i have no deep like or dislike for the bloke; i am just saying it as i (in all honesty) see Taylor as in regards to his ability and team offering.

Agree or disagree, each to their own.

1) Mrs Sheff is not in situ

2) i don't 'not' like him, he frustrates me in his constant on-pitch whinging, his big-balls attitude when he has done nothing of note in his career to warrant such an ego.

3) he just isn't as good as he and some fans think he is - i have no deep like or dislike for the bloke; i am just saying it as i (in all honesty) see Taylor as in regards to his ability and team offering.

Agree or disagree, each to their own.

I prefer this opinion - Thank you

for all these who wnat rid of Chris, who would tou replace him with?

he scored double figures last season didnt he?

so who do we repalce him with if we cash in? who can we buy with no money?

bring a kid from our reserves who hasnt played first team football...massive risk when 7 points off relegation and not many kids tearing it up in the reserves recently is there?

and for those who dont like the way he wears his shorts, or how he talks,or how smart he is.....

get a grip ffs! you pay to watch him play football for Oldham, not teach a fookin elecution class about fashion! :huh:

I cant think of a player who can play on both wings who has good quality that we can afford from this division or below

oh and i would say adding playing up front on a regular basis and finishing top scorer last season adding too and improving his game.

we will miss him when he goes!

Edited by palmer1

for all these who wnat rid of Chris, who would tou replace him with?

he scored double figures last season didnt he?

so who do we repalce him with if we cash in? who can we buy with no money?

bring a kid from our reserves who hasnt played first team football...massive risk when 7 points off relegation and not many kids tearing it up in the reserves recently is there?

and for those who dont like the way he wears his shorts, or how he talks,or how smart he is.....

get a grip ffs! you pay to watch him play football for Oldham, not teach a fookin elecution class about fashion! :huh:

I cant think of a player who can play on both wings who has good quality that we can afford from this division or below

oh and i would say adding playing up front on a regular basis and finishing top scorer last season adding too and improving his game.

we will miss him when he goes!

He did last season,yes. But that was last season, and so far this season he's offered us the square root of bugger all. Should we just keep blindly backing players going off what they've achieved in the past? At one point, he was a player with potential, but he's 25 now, and the reality is his progress has completely halted and I can't see him improving any more at this club.

I'm not trying to lecture anybody about fashion, I can't. I'm sat here in a pair of reebok classics some boot cut jeans and a £5 latics laundry sale polo. I just want him to stop embarassing my team by the way he protray's himself on the field. Just want him to 'be himself'. Getting your 59reg audi TT lowered 10mm, getting 19' spinners, wearing sean gregan's shorts and switching between a north east lee's and a south west moston accent at will, is not 'being himself'

The lad's an absolute embarrasment. He acts like a tough guy when he's having a go at the ref or a linesman, but all you have to do is watch him when he goes up for a header to see what a coward he is.

He needs to be dropped. He can't pass, he can't cross and he can't take on a man. Black back at left back, Lee back at right back, Adeyemi on the right.

The lad's an absolute embarrasment. He acts like a tough guy when he's having a go at the ref or a linesman, but all you have to do is watch him when he goes up for a header to see what a coward he is.

He needs to be dropped. He can't pass, he can't cross and he can't take on a man. Black back at left back, Lee back at right back, Adeyemi on the right.

250+ games at the professional level may prove those theories wrong

From the Chesterfield Fans' Forum:

He booked Taylor for trying to get Thompson sent off in the pen incident. Even the Oldham fans on their board were saying Taylor was lucky to stay on the pitch because even after being booked he continued remonstrating with the ref. Our fans need to pick on him in the away leg as it seems he is very easy to wind up,again this coming from their fans. He had a spat with one of our fans last night in the East stand after this bloke shouted " Taylor, what's the score!" He wasn't very impressed to say the least and promptly returned with a few Fs and Cs!

So can i just get some clarification? Who is it I should be getting on the back of & booing?

Is it Chris Taylor? Going off this thread it seems so. But then there a thread of Parker slating; and i was sat around a large group at Hudds who were very keen to get on his back, so is it Josh Parker then? Or - Paul Blacks been getting a fair bit of stick recently too; is it him?

I just need someone to send me the memo so i can blindly follow everyone else im my slating of one of our players.......

So can i just get some clarification? Who is it I should be getting on the back of & booing?

Is it Chris Taylor? Going off this thread it seems so. But then there a thread of Parker slating; and i was sat around a large group at Hudds who were very keen to get on his back, so is it Josh Parker then? Or - Paul Blacks been getting a fair bit of stick recently too; is it him?

I just need someone to send me the memo so i can blindly follow everyone else im my slating of one of our players.......

Don't forget Kuqi hasn't performed for 6 weeks or so, Morais is a show pony, M'voto isn't the player he was, Diamond is made of glass, Scapuzi's too lightweight, Smith isn't the answer and Mellor is a good footballer but not a full back.

Cisek is alright though, I don't think anyone's had a bad word about him yet.

I'm not sure stating your opinions on certain players on a messageboard is the same as booing them in the ground. Surely that's the whole point of having a messageboard, to state your opinions? Taylor's been nothing better than mediocre for a while now, so why shouldn't we discuss that?

Because it isnt just restricted to this message board is it?

It does happen at games, and discussions that then turn into slatings onhere only help manifest it further.....

Slating on here = increased slating at games in my experience

I dont think Taylor has actually been that bad has he? He's one of our biggest attacking threats, he's worked really hard defensively for the team and he scored the winner to get us to Anfield.........but i'll fall into line shall I " feckin Booooooooi Taylor, you're :censored:e". That right?

I dont think Taylor has actually been that bad has he? He's one of our biggest attacking threats, he's worked really hard defensively for the team and he scored the winner to get us to Anfield

And there was me thinking I was the only one who'd noticed these things.

Just because he's not the best player on the pitch week in week out and gobs off at the ref a tad too often doesn't automatically mean he's :censored:.