Lee Hughes Charged sexual assult

• 3 months later...

It goes to show the difference words can make. "Between the legs," makes it sound like he's grabbed her snatch. He's actually given her a fireman's lift. Completely wrong behaviour towards a stranger, frightening and upsetting to her no doubt and shows him to be what we already know, an arse who can't behave himself when he's pissed. He'll be back inside before he's through, but it's a good thing that our justice system doesn't go overboard on emotional reactions to each case. I'd hate it if everyone who had ever been an arse went to jail.

Whenever I feel the need to mentally re-adjust, I read the comments under a Mail Online article.

Yeah i usually read them whenever my faith in humanity or will to live are in need of checking.....

Guest Scratch2000uk

There are many of instances of harsh, overboard, emotional sentences handed out by our wonderful justice system and far too many lenient sentences handed out to the more serious criminal.

Like this poor bugger who got 16 months for nicking a Doughnut

The fact he was participating in the worst civil unrest this country had seen for decades probably didn't help his case. I've got no sympathy for any of the cretinous scum involved in the riots.

Guest Scratch2000uk

A man in Manchester was jailed for 16 months after stealing a doughnut during the riots. Thomas Downey, 48, was released from HMP Manchester on 9 August shortly before getting caught up in the riots. He attended an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting before downing a bottle of sherry and stumbling into a Krispy Kreme doughnut shop and stealing doughnuts. He admitted burglary and breach of an Asbo by entering part of the city centre from which he is prohibited.

What a joke, and what's worse is some people support these sentences.

The fact he was participating in the worst civil unrest this country had seen for decades probably didn't help his case. I've got no sympathy for any of the cretinous scum involved in the riots.

If you're a homeless alcoholic, being released from prison straight into a riot probably isn't stacking the odds of you staying on the straight and narrow in your favour.

If you're a homeless alcoholic, being released from prison straight into a riot probably isn't stacking the odds of you staying on the straight and narrow in your favour.

In fairness, I got my stories mixed up. Didn't realise his background. I stand by my statement in general though. I'm normally quite liberal minded when it comes to things like this, but the riots really angered me. I'm not going to sympathise with some weapon because he got a harsh sentence for attempting to destroy people's homes and businesses.

It goes to show the difference words can make. "Between the legs," makes it sound like he's grabbed her snatch. He's actually given her a fireman's lift. Completely wrong behaviour towards a stranger, frightening and upsetting to her no doubt and shows him to be what we already know, an arse who can't behave himself when he's pissed. He'll be back inside before he's through, but it's a good thing that our justice system doesn't go overboard on emotional reactions to each case. I'd hate it if everyone who had ever been an arse went to jail.

Correct. We all know how much of an arse he is. But picking up a woman in a club probably goes on in every club in every town, every weekend, by non-footballing idiots.

BURN 'EM......

A man in Manchester was jailed for 16 months after stealing a doughnut during the riots. Thomas Downey, 48, was released from HMP Manchester on 9 August shortly before getting caught up in the riots. He attended an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting before downing a bottle of sherry and stumbling into a Krispy Kreme doughnut shop and stealing doughnuts. He admitted burglary and breach of an Asbo by entering part of the city centre from which he is prohibited.

What a joke, and what's worse is some people support these sentences.

I seem to remember a story about someone being jailed for posting about the riots on facebook even though he wasn't actually present!

Bloody thought police. They'll be monitoring this and knocking at my door next...

I seem to remember a story about someone being jailed for posting about the riots on facebook even though he wasn't actually present!

Bloody thought police. They'll be monitoring this and knocking at my door next...

I think that guy was telling people where to go for it. He deserved jail just for being so :censored: thick as to do it via Facebook.

I think that guy was telling people where to go for it. He deserved jail just for being so :censored: thick as to do it via Facebook.

You think people deserve to go to jail for being thick? Most of our fans would get sent down!

Blackshaw and Sutcliffe. They each set up Facebook events to 'Smash' their respective towns and were convicted for incitement. In spite of early guilty pleas and, in one case, removing the page before arrest, they got extremely harsh sentences - four years. This was on the basis that the offences were aggravated by the context of rioting and the potential harm they could have caused. They have both appealed to the Court of Appeal and lost.

Blackshaw and Sutcliffe. They each set up Facebook events to 'Smash' their respective towns and were convicted for incitement. In spite of early guilty pleas and, in one case, removing the page before arrest, they got extremely harsh sentences - four years. This was on the basis that the offences were aggravated by the context of rioting and the potential harm they could have caused. They have both appealed to the Court of Appeal and lost.

Just looked that up - Northwich and Warrington where no riots took place.

How can you be convicted for inciting something which never happened?