what would you do....

now lets not get a head of ourselves, yes that was disappointing and we're all gutted but this isnt a call for seeing heads roll or sacking people at all. just wondering what people would do about our lack of goals? do we keep plugging away with simpson off kuqi till we FINALLY score? does smith get a run in? does kuqi sit out? do we have any youngsters who can do something?

personally i'd be looking for a bit of change. Parker, or even this marsh-brown kid have electric pace (although he didnt do an awful lot tonight). granted parker isnt the best footballer but we need an extra dimension. id be looking at playing one of those two off kuqi's shoulder or playing both as attacking wingers. how many times tonight did we get the ball wide then noone showed any bottle enough to take the defender on?! pace, knock it past them and go, cut it back, kuqi, goal. i dont get to many games being away at uni so i cant really comment on individual performances but ive made a few games this year and watched tonight and i just think the wings are there to be exploited but we're not doing it.

thoughts?

now lets not get a head of ourselves, yes that was disappointing and we're all gutted but this isnt a call for seeing heads roll or sacking people at all. just wondering what people would do about our lack of goals? do we keep plugging away with simpson off kuqi till we FINALLY score? does smith get a run in? does kuqi sit out? do we have any youngsters who can do something?

personally i'd be looking for a bit of change. Parker, or even this marsh-brown kid have electric pace (although he didnt do an awful lot tonight). granted parker isnt the best footballer but we need an extra dimension. id be looking at playing one of those two off kuqi's shoulder or playing both as attacking wingers. how many times tonight did we get the ball wide then noone showed any bottle enough to take the defender on?! pace, knock it past them and go, cut it back, kuqi, goal. i dont get to many games being away at uni so i cant really comment on individual performances but ive made a few games this year and watched tonight and i just think the wings are there to be exploited but we're not doing it.

thoughts?

Not Smith at th emoment for me. Bit disappointed with his lack of progress, but certainly not given up on him.

Why he arches his head back time rather than power it forward I will never know.

thoughts?

Drop Kuqi. He's wasted to many chances now, in critical games. Also today, he just stood arguing with the ref not even looking at the ball when we was trying to attack.

Drop Kuqi. He's wasted to many chances now, in critical games. Also today, he just stood arguing with the ref not even looking at the ball when we was trying to attack.

That really bugged me. The ball went where he should've been too.

Matt Smith is gash and does not have a long term future in football. I'd be looking to get a striker in on loan.

Id have to agree Stevie, just put in a differnt post that he hasnt got a future as a professional footballer, ( not in league 1 anyway)

Totally agree you could argue that he has cost us a place at wembley he has missed that many chances. Simpson carried us tonight and was immense. Even with kuqi's sitters the main problem still lies with delivery into the box. Taylor the main culprit closely followed by lee and black. Morais going off was a blow as he was also quality tonight. Hopefully he will make that slot in the team his.

Edited by welshgaz

Matt Smith is gash and does not have a long term future in football. I'd be looking to get a striker in on loan.

There is no doubt that Kuqi is struggling. We look far more dangerous with him on though.

I'd like to see the quality of delivery of crosses improving - I am sure it will be high on the agenda in training.

any thoughts on.....

Weso Furman

Morais Simpson Marsh-Brown

Parker/Smith/Reid

pace out wide, kuqi as a bit of a target for cut backs and through balls from simpson? mind you that would leave black at the mercy of every tom dick and harry in league 1

I thought we would struggle to score a goal tonight and so it proved to be the case. I've been going to Latics a long long time and as usual I could write the script.

We wouldn't have scored if we had played until midnight....full marks to Shez and his team, they put their bodies on the line and we just didn't have enough in our locker to break them down.

When things aren't going for us we just don't seem to be able to adapt and change our style of play. We have so called good wingers but their final ball from wide is woeful and when we do get in and around the penalty area we just seem hell bent on walking it into the net!!

We had loads of possesion tonight but just haven't got the guile to break teams down....we are far too slow and predictable in our build up play and unless we change our tactics we could very easily get dragged into a relegation battle!!

I'm not too dissapointed about not making the Wembley trip as it really is a mickey mouse cup, but what I am sick about is the loss of 500K that would have gone with it!!!

Although I am not calling for anyone's head I am worried. PD seems to have brought in some players that other managers that could not. I would not imagine Diamond or Kuqi signing for us under Dave Penny or even Shez for that matter. But how he uses them worries me, tactically we are very one dimensional and we can't score. The players at the minute look devoid of ideas and PD does not seem to know when or how to change both in terms of tactics and players and we are in a relegation battle.

BBC Manchester at the end of the game were still taking about us making the playoffs. That put a smile on my face.

I'll be very surprised if PD drops Taylor. He won't even take him off during a game when he's the or one of the worst out there.

Think you're right, unfortunately. Not one to slaughter players, I just don't think Taylor offers anywhere near as much as the other options at the minute (even if one of them is called Keanu)