8/4/90 Man Utd (N) FACSF D3-3 AET

11/4/90 Man Utd (A) FACSF L1-2 AET

13/4/90 Leeds (H) W3-1

16/4/90 Port Vale (A) L0-2

18/4/90 Plymouth (A) L0-2

21/4/90 West Ham (H) W3-0

24/4/90 Portsmouth (A) L1-2

29/4/90 Notts Forest (N) LCF L0-1

Musuem, Buck House and big wheel thing to entertain the lad tomorrow then.

Or Barnet v Swindon lol.

Arrive in london about 10am, brekkers, beer…Scum v Scousers somewhere, more beer, nice meal, check intp hotel, mopped and stoned…Phantom of The Opera then more beer…...

We have played less matches than any of the other 71 league teams who play 46 league games.

Third season on the trot we've had a backlog….by 2nd week in Feb last season we'd played 29 games, the season before under dismal Dave…we'd played 28, we're well behind that! With Walsall under threat too, we may be shoe-horning games in at the back end, if we tumble down the league that is always dangerous.

Third season on the trot we've had a backlog….by 2nd week in Feb last season we'd played 29 games, the season before under dismal Dave…we'd played 28, we're well behind that! With Walsall under threat too, we may be shoe-horning games in at the back end, if we tumble down the league that is always dangerous.

Wonder if they will delay the playoffs as we will make a later surge into them ?

crazywhite6400z.jpg

Look on the plus side

- Games in hand are mounting whereas the gap between Latics and the bottom four hasn't increased substantially

- The enforced break could well have given Dickov and Taggart a bit more time to lift the heads after the chesterfield defeat.

- The club have only lost one home game, compared to the two or three they lost last year, which can only minimise any impact on the cashflow.

- whilst I am fully aware this could work the other way too, if Latics can get some momentum going then there's alot of points to be won in March.

Look on the plus side

- Games in hand are mounting whereas the gap between Latics and the bottom four hasn't increased substantially

- The enforced break could well have given Dickov and Taggart a bit more time to lift the heads after the chesterfield defeat.

- The club have only lost one home game, compared to the two or three they lost last year, which can only minimise any impact on the cashflow.

- whilst I am fully aware this could work the other way too, if Latics can get some momentum going then there's alot of points to be won in March.

If we are to follow standard OAFC (2004) Ltd Procedure then usually when we gain some momentum, a The club issues a foot in mouth bombshell statement and the wheels fall off…...

What about May 1990.

We played Saturday , Tuesday , Thursday, Saturday , Monday.

The season finished on the second Saturday , we had to be given an official extension to fit our last game in without playing on consecutive days.

Actually it was

Tuesday 1st W4-1 v Oxford (H)

Thursday 3rd D1-1 v Wolves (H)

Saturday 5th W3-2 v Sunderland (A)

Monday 7th D1-1 v Bradford (A)

The FL gave us a two day extension for the Bradford game, on May Bank Holiday, the FL and FA took the pis, we played 22 games in 9 weeks!

We were equally shafted in '94

March 26 City (H) D0-0

March 30 Southampton (A) W3-1

April 2 QPR (A) W4-1

April 4 Man Utd (A) L2-3

April 10 Man Utd (N) D1-1(AET)

April 13 Man Utd (N) L1-4

April 16 West HAm (H) L1-2

April 20 Spurs (H) P-P (Waterlogged PItch)

April 23 Newcastle (A) L2-3

April 27 Wimbledon (A) L0-3

April 30 Sheff Wed D0-0

May 3 Sheff Utd (H) D1-1

May 5 Spurs (H) L0-2

May 7 Norwich (A) D1-1

14 games in 6 weeks (42 days)

obviously the officials at both us and stevenage have never heard of the month of April - there are 2 or 3 free tuesdays that month if anyone hadn't noticed.

No use moaning about the mountain of games in March when one or two could have been put into the following month, thereby spreading out the backlog.

Typical Latics...

Would now be the wrong time to bring up the concept of a mid season break? :wink:

BUT….

2009-2010 we had games called off on Boxing Day, Christmas Bank Holiday, 9th Jan, 16 Jan and 30 jan

2010-2011 Games called off 4, 11, 18, 26, 28th December

2011-12 Games called off 4, 7, 11th Feb

So when are you going to have the break? The games called off in the last 3 seasons (so far) have encapsulated TEN weeks or so of winter, with possibly one or two more postponements to come. To get 46 games in you'd be playing minimum until mid-June

What about May 1990.

We played Saturday , Tuesday , Thursday, Saturday , Monday.

The season finished on the second Saturday , we had to be given an official extension to fit our last game in without playing on consecutive days.

It was actually Sunday (League Cup Final), Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Monday, with a Civic Reception (and players drinking beer on the open-top bus-ride round the town) at the Civic Centre the day after the Final.

Loving being voted down for slating a Lloyd Webber musical - so proud!

In the interests of consistency can I just say that Sunset Boulevard (which I've seen) was even worse and tha I strongly suspect that

The Likes of Us

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Jesus Christ Superstar

Jeeves

Cats

Song and Dance

Starlight Express

Cricket

Aspects of Love

Sunset Boulevard

Whistle Down the Wind

The Beautiful Game

In the Photograph

Bombay Dreams

The Woman in White

and

Love Never Dies

none of which I have suffered all all equally awful and crimes against music

Vote away :D

Actually it was

Tuesday 1st W4-1 v Oxford (H)

Thursday 3rd D1-1 v Wolves (H)

Saturday 5th W3-2 v Sunderland (A)

Monday 7th D1-1 v Bradford (A)

The FL gave us a two day extension for the Bradford game, on May Bank Holiday, the FL and FA took the pis, we played 22 games in 9 weeks!

65 games played using 23 players that season.

Loving being voted down for slating a Lloyd Webber musical - so proud!

In the interests of consistency can I just say that Sunset Boulevard (which I've seen) was even worse and tha I strongly suspect that

The Likes of Us

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Jesus Christ Superstar

Jeeves

Cats

Song and Dance

Starlight Express

Cricket

Aspects of Love

Sunset Boulevard

Whistle Down the Wind

The Beautiful Game

In the Photograph

Bombay Dreams

The Woman in White

and

Love Never Dies

none of which I have suffered all all equally awful and crimes against music

Vote away :D

I saw Sunset Boulevard in the West End, years ago.

Truly, truly :censored:.

BUT….

2009-2010 we had games called off on Boxing Day, Christmas Bank Holiday, 9th Jan, 16 Jan and 30 jan

2010-2011 Games called off 4, 11, 18, 26, 28th December

2011-12 Games called off 4, 7, 11th Feb

So when are you going to have the break? The games called off in the last 3 seasons (so far) have encapsulated TEN weeks or so of winter, with possibly one or two more postponements to come. To get 46 games in you'd be playing minimum until mid-June

I hoped the smily wink was a way of conveying the stupidity of the concept.

Arrive in london about 10am, brekkers, beer…Scum v Scousers somewhere, more beer, nice meal, check intp hotel, mopped and stoned…Phantom of The Opera then more beer…...

I'd rather contract a particularly nasty dose of chlamydia than watch Phantom Of The Opera but, other than that, that sounds like a day and a half :grin: