Finally found some consistency..

Corney is down south at weekends, so he can spend more time with his kids whilst their growing up etc. He said it in an interview a bit ago I think.

Oh well that's just wicked then, eh? Cos nothing important happens around a football club on a Saturday does it?!

Edit - I assume he was there twirling his scarf and singing merrily on Tuesday night then?!

Edited by danoafc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.

Win against Rochdale and put in a good performance and it'll be play-off talk again and we're on the up. Win against Dale and Hartlepool and no one will even remember this defeat.

There are clubs out there in a lot worse position than us.

Yes, we've got a falling down stadium, but there are plans in place to get the stadium re-done. We would of had a re-developed BP by now if it wasn't for the credit crunch. Yes we have no cash, but there's alot more clubs out there with less cash. Compared to others, we're in a good way currently.

I have plans to build a castle on Saddleworth, feck all chance of it happening but I have planned it well

People will only put up with so much Rob. I fully expected we'd get beat tonight, but it simply compounds two absolutely piss poor results at BP last week! That's why people are severely pissed off tonight!

Yes they will only put up with so much. But they must also understand that things have to put up with under the circumstances.

If we had Black/Diallo, Furman, Wes and Simmo playing recently we'll have seen completely different results in last few games.

Hmm, piss-poor?

Not much the club can do about not being given a blatant penalty, the linesman not spotting what looked like a blatant offside from main upper.

Agree Yeovil was piss-poor though.

Yes they will only put up with so much. But they must also understand that things have to put up with under the circumstances.

If we had Black/Diallo, Furman, Wes and Simmo playing recently we'll have seen completely different results in last few games.

Hmm, piss-poor?

Not much the club can do about not being given a blatant penalty, the linesman not spotting what looked like a blatant offside from main upper.

Agree Yeovil was piss-poor though.

Would we have seen different results?

What's the most consecutive wins we've put together this season?

And how many goals have we scored from open play in our last 10 games?

Oh well that's just wicked then, eh? Cos nothing important happens around a football club on a Saturday does it?!

Edit - I assume he was there twirling his scarf and singing merrily on Tuesday night then?!

Well you can't blame him can you? I'm surprised he's still here after all the :censored: he gets from fans. He keeps us well-run under difficult circumstances. He dips into his own pocket for the club, such as the Golden ticket offer. Yes he has made mistakes, yet all he gets is complaints. There are worse people out there to be chairman of your club.

Spending time with your kid who lives a few hundred miles away is a good reason to miss saturday matches isn't it?

The knives are out tonight aren't they? Lets be honest, did anyone expect a win? Let's not forget there's a reason Stevenage have been up and around the play-offs for most of the season. We've got an injury crisis, with Furman, Wes, Simpson out that's 3 of our best players out. We had a CB/CM at left-back and a striker upfront who can't score in front of an open goal currently. Start of season most people said we'd finish bottom half/mid table which is where we are now, with a couple of games in hand on a few teams around us.

No. I haven't been expecting us to win games for a while now to be honest.

Well you can't blame him can you? I'm surprised he's still here after all the :censored: he gets from fans. He keeps us well-run under difficult circumstances. He dips into his own pocket for the club, such as the Golden ticket offer. Yes he has made mistakes, yet all he gets is complaints. There are worse people out there to be chairman of your club.

Spending time with your kid who lives a few hundred miles away is a good reason to miss saturday matches isn't it?

:titanic:

lol.

Win against Rochdale and put in a good performance and it'll be play-off talk again and we're on the up. Win against Dale and Hartlepool and no one will even remember this defeat.

There are clubs out there in a lot worse position than us.

Yes, we've got a falling down stadium, but there are plans in place to get the stadium re-done. We would of had a re-developed BP by now if it wasn't for the credit crunch. Yes we have no cash, but there's alot more clubs out there with less cash. Compared to others, we're in a good way currently.

I worry about this, it was expected that we would have secured investment and be well under way with development by now. I understand the club not commenting on the situation at present and nobody really knows the facts, but I feel the investment required is scarcely available & not obtained cheaply. The success of a football club is characterised by its performances on the pitch and position in the league structure, something which sadly is in decline especially on our budget. I do wonder if the Golden Ticket scheme was a last ditch attempt to persuade investors that the club does have some potential left in it - as a fan with tinted specs, we will always argue that it does - but as an investor I wouldn't go anywhere near.

Do you know what, maybe you are right.

I don't know, and what's more, I'm not even sure I care anymore, and thats a depressing state of affairs!

I actually started to piss myself when you said "well-run" club.

Maybe he should buy his kids one of them there golden tickets?

I worry about this, it was expected that we would have secured investment and be well under way with development by now. I understand the club not commenting on the situation at present and nobody really knows the facts, but I feel the investment required is scarcely available & not obtained cheaply. The success of a football club is characterised by its performances on the pitch and position in the league structure, something which sadly is in decline especially on our budget. I do wonder if the Golden Ticket scheme was a last ditch attempt to persuade investors that the club does have some potential left in it - as a fan with tinted specs, we will always argue that it does - but as an investor I wouldn't go anywhere near.

The investment we need is out there, and there's plenty of it. But as you say, it is not obtained cheaply. We had some investors involved with the Failsworth project, but the club didn't announce it. Investors know that if a football club is succesful then people will come to watch them. I think the Golden Ticket scheme was an attempt to get some people in to the tuesday night games, as out of the 5 matches in the ticket, 3 were Tuesday night and we had hardly pay on the dayers etc for the Walsall game.

With the club is judged on performances on pitch and position in the league, yes we are not doing to well at the moment with performances, but 14th is higher than quite a few on here predicted at start of season. Obviously the way to improve it is to get better quality players etc, but that costs money. And if people in general stood and looked for a moment, they'll see that the club is trying to improve and increase revenues so we can improve the product on the pitch. We've got a new Chief Exe (forced upon granted) and now have Jenny Warburton as Commericial Manager and Broady is now Sales and Marketing Exe. This shows that the club is trying to move forward and improve the quality of product it offers, so that in it's own way will attract investment. People screaming doom and gloom won't help at all.

So, another defeat and the "I'm not coming again", "No more season tickets for me", "No wonder people won't come" brigade are out in force. How many of them were actually at Stevenage tonight? Not that many unless you're posting on an i-Phone thingy on your way home. So how do you know what the performance was like? How do you know who had a bad or good game?

I don't know the answers because I wasn't there myself. I only had the dulcet tones of Gordy & Roy to give me an idea of what was going on down there, but it sure sounded like a damned sight better performance that deserved something out of the game. OK, we created chances as usual and didn't put them away and I know it's an ongoing problem, but we're a League 1 team with half the best players missing, making do with kids that are inexperienced and loanees making up the number.

But tonight's result won't stop me getting to as many matches as I can, nor will the last two defeats or the state of the ground. Why? Because it's the team I grew up supporting and nothing will change that. If you only want to support a winning team that plays top notch football, you don't have far to go. Which probably explains why, in every town with a lower league football team, you see young and old alike proudly wearing their Premiership club shirts. Premiership clubs to which they have no allegiance other than "My local team's crap so I'd rather come here." Or just not go to football at all.

Three defeats on the spin is disappointing, but we are where we expected to be, nothing more, nothing less. There is the nucleus of a good side at BP, especially when we get the injured ones back. It's no coincidence that the drop in form has coincided with the glut of injuries, simply because we don't have the strength in depth that bigger clubs have and we don't have the resources to get them. Earlier in the season, we had a pretty balanced team, hence the decent results and, mostly if not all, decent performances.

If we can put together another good run with the return of Furball, Simmo, Wes et al, maybe those deserting the terraces now will come back. How does the song go? "Sing when you're winning, you only sing when you're winning".

I'll get ready for all the minuses now and accusations of being a happy clapper.

Reason for edit: Sorry, self upboated by accident. Can the mods remove it please?

Edited by Bristolatic

Guest Scratch2000uk

A club hanging on to survival by their fingertips, players coming in on either short term contracts/loans, experienced players injured, crowds down a couple of thousand each week, Shefki wearing his ten bob bit boots, even Willy Wonkas golden tickets plan has backfired.

Hey, things can only get better. :tongue1:

The investment we need is out there, and there's plenty of it. But as you say, it is not obtained cheaply. We had some investors involved with the Failsworth project, but the club didn't announce it. Investors know that if a football club is succesful then people will come to watch them. I think the Golden Ticket scheme was an attempt to get some people in to the tuesday night games, as out of the 5 matches in the ticket, 3 were Tuesday night and we had hardly pay on the dayers etc for the Walsall game.

With the club is judged on performances on pitch and position in the league, yes we are not doing to well at the moment with performances, but 14th is higher than quite a few on here predicted at start of season. Obviously the way to improve it is to get better quality players etc, but that costs money. And if people in general stood and looked for a moment, they'll see that the club is trying to improve and increase revenues so we can improve the product on the pitch. We've got a new Chief Exe (forced upon granted) and now have Jenny Warburton as Commericial Manager and Broady is now Sales and Marketing Exe. This shows that the club is trying to move forward and improve the quality of product it offers, so that in it's own way will attract investment. People screaming doom and gloom won't help at all.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned the word unwatchable and yes it doesn't matter if it's free to get in...if it's not entertaining,noone will want to watch it.

Losing to Stevenage is not the issue.

It is disapointing to lose to another very late goal , but it is this defeat following on the poor losses to Yeovil & Scunthorpe that is the problem.

We have injuries , but I guess most teams do .

Our first choice midfield is good , our defence excepting Lee is not .

And our reliance on Kuqi for goals is a big problem.

We are becoming as bad to watch as some of the previous managers teams .

I take it Furman won't make the Anfield game then ?

So, another defeat and the "I'm not coming again", "No more season tickets for me", "No wonder people won't come" brigade are out in force. How many of them were actually at Stevenage tonight? Not that many unless you're posting on an i-Phone thingy on your way home. So how do you know what the performance was like? How do you know who had a bad or good game?

I don't know the answers because I wasn't there myself. I only had the dulcet tones of Gordy & Roy to give me an idea of what was going on down there, but it sure sounded like a damned sight better performance that deserved something out of the game. OK, we created chances as usual and didn't put them away and I know it's an ongoing problem, but we're a League 1 team with half the best players missing, making do with kids that are inexperienced and loanees making up the number.

But tonight's result won't stop me getting to as many matches as I can, nor will the last two defeats or the state of the ground. Why? Because it's the team I grew up supporting and nothing will change that. If you only want to support a winning team that plays top notch football, you don't have far to go. Which probably explains why, in every town with a lower league football team, you see young and old alike proudly wearing their Premiership club shirts. Premiership clubs to which they have no allegiance other than "My local team's crap so I'd rather come here." Or just not go to football at all.

Three defeats on the spin is disappointing, but we are where we expected to be, nothing more, nothing less. There is the nucleus of a good side at BP, especially when we get the injured ones back. It's no coincidence that the drop in form has coincided with the glut of injuries, simply because we don't have the strength in depth that bigger clubs have and we don't have the resources to get them. Earlier in the season, we had a pretty balanced team, hence the decent results and, mostly if not all, decent performances.

If we can put together another good run with the return of Furball, Simmo, Wes et al, maybe those deserting the terraces now will come back. How does the song go? "Sing when you're winning, you only sing when you're winning".

I'll get ready for all the minuses now and accusations of being a happy clapper.

Reason for edit: Sorry, self upboated by accident. Can the mods remove it please?

I'd say one shot on target in the whole match is a reasonable measure of the performance for those that weren't there.

And "If we can put together another good run"? Eh? When was the first one, cos I must have missed it.

Yes, we are probably where most of us expected to be, and I'm not normally one for sounding off after a game, in fact I normally avoid this place after we've played, but something needs to change for the better and soon!

We're going to make it 4 loses on the bounce on Saturday, Dale will do us, it is written in the stars. Hopefully that win will help them kick on and stay up so we get to play them again next season. We're going nowhere this season, neither up nor down, we might as well just enjoy the rest of the season. Bellamy's deflected goal knocked the wind out of our sails, we did the typical latics thing of beating the Blades, we'll probably draw at Hillsborough but the rest of this season is the script we all know and hate.

The key thing is we still stump up our cash for programs, car parking, hats, carpets, tickets or whatever Latics branded tat takes your fancy and we can put contracts under the noses of the agents of the players who can get us out of this division in the right direction.

Losing to Stevenage is not the issue.

It is disapointing to lose to another very late goal , but it is this defeat following on the poor losses to Yeovil & Scunthorpe that is the problem.

We have injuries , but I guess most teams do .

Our first choice midfield is good , our defence excepting Lee is not .

And our reliance on Kuqi for goals is a big problem.

We are becoming as bad to watch as some of the previous managers teams .

I take it Furman won't make the Anfield game then ?

Out of any team, take out their left-back and back-up left back, their two best centre mids, and one of their best strikers. Any team would struggle with the core of their first team players out with injuries, especially teams like us who have little money to bring in replacements to cover. No coincidence that our better performances were with them in the team, even if we was still quite inconsistent.