Finally found some consistency..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"we might as well just enjoy the rest of the season".

That's a joke....right?

No, I'm serious. I enjoy going to the football on a Saturday, always have and hope to always do so. What happens on the pitch is a bonus to getting out, seeing a few people, having a sing song, a shout at the ref, fresh air and getting the blood pumping. Plus that feeling when the ball hits the back of the net, or is bundled over the line just can not be beaten.

Sure beats being dragged round the Trafford centre or whatever the people who don't go to the football do with themselves on a Saturday.

We've lost 3 games in a row.

Scunthorpe - we should have won.

Yeovil, despite a poor first half, should have been a 3-0 win. Tarky and Kuqi's misses. Two soft goals conceded.

Stevenage - a goalless draw would have been seen as a good (if uninspiring) result.

There are issues. We don't score enough goals. We make sill mistakes at the back. The midfield has evaporated. The goalscoring and the defensive lapses were problems early in the season before Kuqi made a massive difference to what we had up top.

But we're also missing Simpson, Wesolowski and Furman (and nobody else really offers an alternative to Kuqi) and we don't have players good enough to replace them to the same standard.

We're in a higher league position than most expected us to be in at the start of the season. I'd agree with those who think we should be higher still though, this league is packed with average sides (of which we are one) so I understand the frustration.

But for all those "never coming again" and "see you next season" merchants - how the hell is our lack of quality and squad depth ever going to change if you can't be arsed paying your money and turning up?

I enjoy going to the football on a Saturday, always have and hope to always do so. What happens on the pitch is a bonus to getting out, seeing a few people, having a sing song, a shout at the ref, fresh air and getting the blood pumping. Plus that feeling when the ball hits the back of the net, or is bundled over the line just can not be beaten.

I know I've stolen the last paragraph. I'll have a moan with the best of them when a player makes a mistake. But it's so much better than sitting on my arse watching Jeff Stelling or deciding what colour bedding to buy to match the new lampshade.

Come on real fans. Step forward. Turn up. Back them.

We've lost 3 games in a row.

Scunthorpe - we should have won.

Yeovil, despite a poor first half, should have been a 3-0 win. Tarky and Kuqi's misses. Two soft goals conceded.

Stevenage - a goalless draw would have been seen as a good (if uninspiring) result.

There are issues. We don't score enough goals. We make sill mistakes at the back. The midfield has evaporated. The goalscoring and the defensive lapses were problems early in the season before Kuqi made a massive difference to what we had up top.

But we're also missing Simpson, Wesolowski and Furman (and nobody else really offers an alternative to Kuqi) and we don't have players good enough to replace them to the same standard.

We're in a higher league position than most expected us to be in at the start of the season. I'd agree with those who think we should be higher still though, this league is packed with average sides (of which we are one) so I understand the frustration.

But for all those "never coming again" and "see you next season" merchants - how the hell is our lack of quality and squad depth ever going to change if you can't be arsed paying your money and turning up?

I enjoy going to the football on a Saturday, always have and hope to always do so. What happens on the pitch is a bonus to getting out, seeing a few people, having a sing song, a shout at the ref, fresh air and getting the blood pumping. Plus that feeling when the ball hits the back of the net, or is bundled over the line just can not be beaten.

I know I've stolen the last paragraph. I'll have a moan with the best of them when a player makes a mistake. But it's so much better than sitting on my arse watching Jeff Stelling or deciding what colour bedding to buy to match the new lampshade.

Come on real fans. Step forward. Turn up. Back them.

Thank you for this.

It's frustrating and depressing to have this run. I appreciate that but three of the first names on the teamsheet - Weslowski, Furman Simpson - are out injured. The first choice left back is missing too. With them I believe that we'd be comfortably in the top half .

It's all well and good saying we should have a bigger squad - give the club the money and job done. and who are these wonderful loanees we apparently have missed out on - the creative midfielder, the goal poacher ? where? who?

Wasn't Corporal Jones also the one who predicted there'd be no new stadium?!

When did anyone last see Corney at a game btw?

Scunthorpe last Tuesday

Thank you for this.

It's frustrating and depressing to have this run. I appreciate that but three of the first names on the teamsheet - Weslowski, Furman Simpson - are out injured. The first choice left back is missing too. With them I believe that we'd be comfortably in the top half .

It's all well and good saying we should have a bigger squad - give the club the money and job done. and who are these wonderful loanees we apparently have missed out on - the creative midfielder, the goal poacher ? where? who?

PD has had the chance to bring in those types players since the end of last season, but has failed to do so, there will be scores of good players on free's and low wages to choose from this summer, let's see what he does.

Edited by BP1960

PD has had the chance to bring in those types players since the end of last season, but has failed to do so, there will be scores of good players on free's and low wages to choose from this summer, let's see what he does.

Soryy BP but again I ask - Where? Who? Names please of those we should have had this season.

Edited by LaticsPete

Soryy BP but again I ask - Where? Who? Names please of those we should have had this season.

I have given names to the Latics which I cannot disclose, if they do sign any of them or the move elsewhere I will let you all know.

Edited by BP1960

I have given names to the Latics which I cannot disclose, if they do sign any of them or the move elsewhere I will let you all know.

If I didn't like you I'd say what a load of....

I just can't see any valid reason for not naming suggestions you made. Hardly going to scupper negotiations because a name has appeared on here. Nor alert other clubs to swoop. And it appears that nobody else wanted to sign them or they'd have "moved elsewhere"

You intimated that PD should have brought in other players much earlier than now - so have others - I just want to understand who these players are.

If I didn't like you I'd say what a load of....

I just can't see any valid reason for not naming suggestions you made. Hardly going to scupper negotiations because a name has appeared on here. Nor alert other clubs to swoop. And it appears that nobody else wanted to sign them or they'd have "moved elsewhere"

You intimated that PD should have brought in other players much earlier than now - so have others - I just want to understand who these players are.

It doesn't mean if no one signs them they aren't any good, I have known players spend several years at lower division clubs and finish up eventually in the Premiership (Grant Holt for example).

If I do come across any I think will suit Latics for next season you will be the first to know Pete.

People on here and perhaps the Latics may say I'm wrong about Dan Gardner, but I believe he's so talented he could and should be playing much higher. IMO no one on the Latics books (or from any team I have seen in this division) possesses his technical or creative ability...he has an eye for goal too with 15 from midfield this season.

Having said that, I feel agents rule nowadays (some supply edited videos of their clients) and my methods are out of fashion at many clubs.

If I could find enough footage to compile an edited video of Gardner he would look better than Lionel Messi, well not quite - Iniesta or Xavi perhaps :grin:

Edited by BP1960

No, I'm serious. I enjoy going to the football on a Saturday, always have and hope to always do so. What happens on the pitch is a bonus to getting out, seeing a few people, having a sing song, a shout at the ref, fresh air and getting the blood pumping. Plus that feeling when the ball hits the back of the net, or is bundled over the line just can not be beaten.

Sure beats being dragged round the Trafford centre or whatever the people who don't go to the football do with themselves on a Saturday.

I'd rather sit in a darkened room and spend hours on an internet site dedicated to Oldham Athletic and tell you all why I don't care about it anymore.