The Kieran Lee Appreciation Society

Outstanding contribution for the last two seasons, good luck in The Championship and thanks for your efforts and loyalty!!

One hell of an engine and very rarely fails to find a pass.

To be fair, Kieran has at last found a level of consistency. Not sure that he is a Championship player, but I'm sure he will give it a go, as long as he gets a consitent run in the team he will stand a chance.

KL strikes me as very much a confidence player and I'm not convinced he will find the step up that easy, espeically if he moves into a new enviroment with a new club and doesn't get a consistent run in the team.

There's a reason the lad wanted to stay local.

pretty certain lee will resign....

he's had his time at UTD and its clear he's a cut above, but he seems like a character whose happiest when settled.

I'm not sure unambitious is the right word, i just think he's happy to have a long career at a club where he's happy without having to move away.

To be fair, Kieran has at last found a level of consistency. Not sure that he is a Championship player, but I'm sure he will give it a go, as long as he gets a consitent run in the team he will stand a chance.

KL strikes me as very much a confidence player and I'm not convinced he will find the step up that easy, espeically if he moves into a new enviroment with a new club and doesn't get a consistent run in the team.

Wanted Harry, he's now got himself sorted...he's on his way with a massive spring in his step.

At last? Really? Kieran has been our most, and probably only, consistent player for the last 2 seasons. Marc Tierney has played in the (Barclays) Premier League this season, and looked fairly comfortable. Kieran, for my money, is a better footballer than Marc. I think he'd be more than comfortable in the championship. Although, fingers crossed, he'll re-sign. But I wouldn't begrudge him leaving...

Edited by JonesyOAFC

At last? Really? Kieran has been our most, and probably only, consistent player for the last 2 seasons. Marc Tierney has played in the (Barclays) Premier League this season, and looked fairly comfortable. Kieran, for my money, is a better footballer than Marc. I think he'd be more than comfortable in the championship. Although, fingers crossed, he'll re-sign. But I wouldn't begrudge him leaving...

When I said at last, I'm talking about his career overall. It was under dangerus Dave that he was 1st played at full back having spent nearly all his time in midfield and after struggling in his early games in the new position, he has grown into the role and developed a level of consistencey over the last 2 seasons that you and the rest of us are now rightly appreciating.

Like you I would have no problem if he ends up at a Championship side next season, even if we lose him to a free transfer. He came on a free.

I also agree that he is a better footballer than Mark, but he is also a different "character" and that was the point I was making. Mark would happily go wherever the work and the money took him. Kieran has other priorities.

Just seen yesterday's goal. Granted M'Changama's ball out-wide was excellent and Taylor did well to get into the right place at the right time but, while you'd expect your midfield and forward players to do things like that, you seldom expect your full-back to have the first touch, composure and passing ability that Kieran does and it allows him to make the goal possible. One of the most talented footballers I've seen in my time watching Latics.

while you'd expect your midfield and forward players to do things like that, you seldom expect your full-back to have the first touch, composure and passing ability that Kieran does

I disagree. The modern full back requires all the attributes of a midfielder plus the positioning and solidity of a defender. Full backs these days are often the starting point for attacks, certainly for teams who play a fluid passing game.

Yes, I am a full back. What?

I just hope he stays with us , heard a rumour in the Main Stand yesterday that we have done a deal with Watford for him end of season :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

i thought he was out of contract at the end of the season?????

if thats true, we wont be making any deals with anybody - he can do his own deal then

I just hope he stays with us , heard a rumour in the Main Stand yesterday that we have done a deal with Watford for him end of season :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

The Main Stand is the worst place for a rumour, even worse than the internet. It is mainly people speculating, I once said something along the lines I think such a player would suit such a club. Towards the end of the match the woman in front turns to the person she is sat with and repeats my pure speculative statment as fact, and it was already a done deal. She did simply so she could then moan about how SC had no ambition.

What a player this boy is. I was deeply aggravated when boo-boys got on his back in his first seasons with us, because he clearly had ability, but never got trusted with the game time until Penney had no other options.

I was really afraid that we would hound him out and he'd end up being class somewhere else, and feel vindicated by the last couple of seasons. Best right back in our league by miles, and more than capable of playing in The Championship.

Totally agree with Zorrro about full-backs too, I almost feel like he took the words out of my mouth... Probably because I taught him all he knows.

I remember his first game as a right back at Hartlepool.

He found it tough going and was at blame for one goal and partially to blame for the other in a 2-1 defeat.

Credit to the lad, he improved.

So when we fans get on a player's back, such as Reece Brown playing out of position, we should probably recall the slow and gradual improvement of Kieran Lee.

Some learn their game at a slower pace to others. But they carry on learning and improving and eventually overtake those who had prevously looked better.

I remember his first game as a right back at Hartlepool.

He found it tough going and was at blame for one goal and partially to blame for the other in a 2-1 defeat.

Credit to the lad, he improved.

So when we fans get on a player's back, such as Reece Brown playing out of position, we should probably recall the slow and gradual improvement of Kieran Lee.

Some learn their game at a slower pace to others. But they carry on learning and improving and eventually overtake those who had prevously looked better.

Quite. I remember saying he was 'crap' and 'never a right back in a million years' in that first season, and i wasn't the only one. How wrong we were.

i thought he was out of contract at the end of the season?????

if thats true, we wont be making any deals with anybody - he can do his own deal then

Yes he can but we are still entitled to a fee .

Just hope he does stay local - with us :)

Quite. I remember saying he was 'crap' and 'never a right back in a million years' in that first season, and i wasn't the only one. How wrong we were.

I think this is my official "I told you so moment", not aimed directly at you rosa of course. I remember after the first time I saw him play for us saying on here that he looked the most natural footballer we had and for the whole time he was out of the team and not given any sort of chance banging the drum for him to be given a run in the team. Feels good man.

B)