Their penalty shout

Probably was a pen, awful defending from us that really should have been punished.

However, the lino didn't know what to do, first it looked like he signalled for corner, then changed to a goal kick but at no point did he have any interest in giving a pen.

dont know what all the fuss is about - the ball went up in the air and all i saw was m'voto and their guy run towards the goal waiting for the falling ball, both barged into each other and both fell over at the same time, goal kick.

I was more worried when Cisak fumbled then clawed the ball away from their player before he then dived over Cisak as if he'd been fouled - ref came rushing towards the box and blew his whistle like a nutter and thought he was going to give a penalty for a foul by Cisak....glad to see he saw sense and gave the foul on Cisak.

I was about 3 rows from the front in the RRE and right in front of the incident and I can't believe it wasn't given. It was a classic M'voto grab and pull penalty give away!

BUT do you remember our 'goal' against Bournemouth down there this season that 'didn't go over the line' that cost us a win? These things balance themselves out in the end...

They can hardly blame officials when they were being so stupid themselves; the offside off the corner (the corner taker passed it to a teammate, who promptly passed it back to him whilst he was still on the goal line... offside!) was the stupidest bit of play I think I've ever seen in the professional game! :lol:

Edited by JoeLatics

From the Chaddy End, it looked like a clear penalty. There again the clear pull on Reid's shirt earlier in the half was more clear cut, the ref even put his whistle to his mouth and then inexplicably changed his mind.

Also the save from Cisak in the 1st half, admittedly again from behind the goal, looked as if he had clawed it back from behind the line. If he has, then it makes up for the one from Simpson at their place which lost us a point.

The point being that they do say these things even themselves out and over the 2 games with Bournemouth they certainly have.

They can hardly blame officials when they were being so stupid themselves; the offside off the corner (the corner taker passed it to a teammate, who promptly passed it back to him whilst he was still on the goal line... offside!) was the stupidest bit of play I think I've ever seen in the professional game! :lol:

A few years ago we were away at Doncaster at Belle Vue and their player's shot was going in when another attacker decided to get the goal himself by tapping it on the goalline with no one around him. Needless to say, offside and no goal.

The offside today was bloody schoolboy though!

A few years ago we were away at Doncaster at Belle Vue and their player's shot was going in when another attacker decided to get the goal himself by tapping it on the goalline with no one around him. Needless to say, offside and no goal.

Yeah I remember that, they were under Dangerous Dave and the player who had a goal chalked off for "goal-hanging" was Price who we had on loan.

And not even in the Alan Hansen sense of the word, I referee youth football and had one like that a few weeks ago... even at U14 manager was livid!! :lol:

I think it was a case of it being a penalty, but an over exaggerated fall which made the ref turn it down. I'd like the FA (or whoever) to encourage ref's in that situation to give a penalty, but to book the attacker.

Yes its a penalty, but he dived.

Justice for our goal not given down there earlier this Season. All Bournemouth fans feeling sour just remember it... I suppose all's fair now.

This.

The most stonewall penalty you'll ever see today, but fook 'em! We were robbed at their place.

On a tiny and fairly insignificant scale, luck has even itself out!

This.

The most stonewall penalty you'll ever see today, but fook 'em! We were robbed at their place.

On a tiny and fairly insignificant scale, luck has even itself out!

Not how I saw it - two players coming together and definitely not a pen in my opinion. Oh - and the ball did not cross the line either - nice one Kieran :wink: