What will PD do so different next season?

A left back.

A striker who can score a goal every three games in addition to Kuqi.

Wide players who are boring but can keep possession (think Alessandra and Jones) allowing the middle two to get forwards.

A fitness regime that works.

Edited by opinions4u

A left back.

A striker who can score a goal every three games in addition to Kuqi.

Wide players who are boring but can keep possession (think Alessandra and Jones) allowing the middle two to get forwards.

A fitness regime that works.

A wide player with a decent cross

I think the main thing that dickov does that is vital in the surivial and future of this football club is to keep a core squad together. If I was Dickov and Corney I would do this:

*Draw a budget for the whole season with a transfer budget and wage budget.

*Draw a forecast of whether promotions (golden ticket) etc can be used and the revenue downfalls it could possibly produce

* Keep atleast 8 of the usual 11 starting and build from it.

*I would like to see one or two league 2 players make the jump and sign for us. I know from past experiences ie penney ere when he brought in players from league two, but I believe dickov would have a better eye for players.

My judgement, please critisise.

I think we need to look at how far away we are from getting it right?

While we have lost 7 out of the last 10 they have all been by 1 goal and each of them could have been wins had we been more ruthless in their box and our own box by not giving the opposition silly goals.

We need to develop a ruthless streak to turn those narrow defeats into narrow wins part of that comes from the management team but part of that comes from the players they've got to find that ruthless streak and that extra 10%.

Looking at it from a strategic point of view it might be 2 or 3 of the right kind of players coming in in the summer that could make the difference.

We're not far away from getting it right it, small things can make a big difference sometimes.

A wide player with a decent cross

Here's your man, I understand a great crosser of the ball and scores goals - believe it or not he's a right back, could PD possibly get him on loan next season if Keiran Lee goes ?

Edited by BP1960

Here's your man, I understand a great crosser of the ball and scores goals - believe it or not he's a right back, could PD possibly get him on loan next season if Keiran Lee goes ?

Can PlayerShare cobble together enough to prise Gary Mackay-Steven away from Dundee United? He is :censored:ing brilliant.

what we need and what we can actually afford are miles appart. the budget will likely be cut again this year and i can see a summer of dicontent down at boundary park.

if we can keep cisak and lee we will be doing well. these two are the only ones who are actually good enough to play at a higher level imo. realistically any team wanting to do well at this level needs 6 or seven players with the consistancy of these two. both will go to a higher level imo. quite possibly this summer

........do different?

Start winning home games playing entertaining football might just be a start?????

Sport isn't primarily about entertainment, it's about a team or a player aiming to beat their opponent - granted, the result or by-product of which can be entertaining. When entertaining the crowd becomes the sports priority, it ironically becomes increasingly harder to achieve and becomes less the sport its supposed to be.

what we need and what we can actually afford are miles appart. the budget will likely be cut again this year and i can see a summer of dicontent down at boundary park.

if we can keep cisak and lee we will be doing well. these two are the only ones who are actually good enough to play at a higher level imo. realistically any team wanting to do well at this level needs 6 or seven players with the consistancy of these two. both will go to a higher level imo. quite possibly this summer

Cisak has another year's contract so everyone who seems to somehow think that he is off in June can pipe down

Edited by shefflatic

Or someone might just offer money for him? So "pipe down"

Exactly.

Forget about the out of contract lot for a moment.

Alex Cisak is THE only saleable asset on the playing staff who i believe will attract genuine interest this summer.

Of the other contracted players (M'Voto et all), i just cant see sides being remotely interested. In terms if Cisak, I really can. He's Championship standard now; and will only get better - clubs higher up will be well aware of that IMO.

I'll be both amazed & delighted if he's still with us at the end of August.

Exactly.

Forget about the out of contract lot for a moment.

Alex Cisak is THE only saleable asset on the playing staff who i believe will attract genuine interest this summer.

Of the other contracted players (M'Voto et all), i just cant see sides being remotely interested. In terms if Cisak, I really can. He's Championship standard now; and will only get better - clubs higher up will be well aware of that IMO.

I'll be both amazed & delighted if he's still with us at the end of August.

Lee is definitely a salable asset. he is the most consistent player i have seen at boundary park in many a year, and he would be the first name on my team sheet every week. player of the season again by a country mile.

As for Cisak I was meaning if our financial situation worsens between now and august he would probably be the first player out the door as he is probably the most valuable

• 2 years later...