Next Season - Who Stays...who goes?

Not had the opportunity, due to personal circumstances, to see many matches this season so I'm not going to offer any opinions on the following question. This is more for me to see who likes who.

Bearing in mind that our budgetary situation is unlikely to be any better, and more likely worse. Who would you REALISTICALLY EXPECT to keep out of the current squad? Feel free to include those on loan if you feel that they would be released by their parent club and who would maybe fall within our "Poundstretcher" salary structure.

I'd get rid of Reid.

Not a fan of him at all. Every time I've seen him he points for the goalkick to be placed elsewhere and when he has the chance to get to an header he backs off or just doesn't jump. Seems so lazy and has a negative attitude (in my opinion). I've never seen him on his toes ready and eager for the ball and that's something we definately need going forward.

keep

cizak

lee

furman

kuqi

mellor

simpson

the rest are all easily replaceable to the current standard we have. so im not really fussed if anyone else goes. however ill be glad to see the back of reid if dickov sees sense this summer.

keep

cizak

lee

furman

kuqi

mellor

simpson

the rest are all easily replaceable to the current standard we have. so im not really fussed if anyone else goes. however ill be glad to see the back of reid if dickov sees sense this summer.

What about Wes?

For me in an ideal world the following would stay:

Cisak

Lee

Furman

Weslowski

Simpson

Taylor

They are the only first team players that I could see better teams than us wanting in their sides.

Keep all the kids that have come through except maybe Brooke as they would all be on small wages and there is a chance they will blossom or we can move them on in the future.

Get rid of: (don't re-sign)

Adeyemi - he has changed our entire dynamic (through no fault of his own) for the worst.

Diamond - unless he is on peanuts (used as cover)

Parker - doesn't want to be here

Reid - plenty of players can do what he does.

The rest are decent squad players and I would keep them if there is nothing better available providing they aren't on big money.

For me in an ideal world the following would stay:

Cisak

Lee

Furman

Weslowski

Simpson

Taylor

They are the only first team players that I could see better teams than us wanting in their sides.

Keep all the kids that have come through except maybe Brooke as they would all be on small wages and there is a chance they will blossom or we can move them on in the future.

Get rid of: (don't re-sign)

Adeyemi - he has changed our entire dynamic (through no fault of his own) for the worst.

Diamond - unless he is on peanuts (used as cover)

Parker - doesn't want to be here

Reid - plenty of players can do what he does.

The rest are decent squad players and I would keep them if there is nothing better available providing they aren't on big money.

Can't disagree with any of that, would keep morais also.

Keep:

Cisak

Boozy (could turn out OK when compared to some we've had whose names I cannot even bear to type)

Lee

M'voto

Brown (if possible, but only as a CB, not CM or LB)

Tarky

Simmo (but think he'll be snapped up elsewhere)

Morais

M'Changama

Furball

Wes

Hash-Brown (if we can control his temperament)

Taylor (but not much chance by looks of it)

Kuqi

Tonk

Bunn * (Undecided)

Get Bembo back and firing plus the rest of the kids except, maybe, Brooke

Get rid:

Diamond (see if we can get Clarke back)

Black (Not progressed enough for me)

Diallo (Christ we need a new LB in the Simon Charlton mould)

Adeyemi (1 good game in about 4 or 5 ain't good enough)

Bunn * (see above)

Reid (looked good before injury, but way off the pace now. Why else would he not even make the bench in the last two games?)

The question is, who can we afford to bring in to replace those that go, or do we just go with the kids?

I'd get rid of Reid.

Not a fan of him at all. Every time I've seen him he points for the goalkick to be placed elsewhere and when he has the chance to get to an header he backs off or just doesn't jump. Seems so lazy and has a negative attitude (in my opinion). I've never seen him on his toes ready and eager for the ball and that's something we definately need going forward.

He was our best player this season until his injury. He's struggled since coming back, but don't most players after being out for a few months?

I dont understand the dislike for Diamond, we have been a far better team with him in the side. A true leader, will try and stop anything and an experienced head. Better than Tarky and able to steady big Jean, ok he does have some heart in mouth moments but I thought he distributed the ball well and looked o feet up the channel a lot. Tarky is a prospect but his rawness showed recently and was making a lot of mistakes.

For me I would keep:

GK - Cisak, Bouzanis

RB - Lee,

CB - Mvoto, Diamond, Tarky

LB - Black, Diallo

We would need cover at RB only here, if people think that we can readily replace Black then they are on glue, steady LB's arent readily available and he has shown that he was better in that position than Evina for defensive qualities and Diallo is no worse than teh average out there

LW - Morais/KMB

CM - Wes, Furman

RW - Morais/KMB

I know that simmo can fill in but I think he is wasted on the wings, Morais has been our best player since the Charlton away game and a real shame that he got shunted on Sheepfoot Lane! KMB has looked lively and a real prospect. We need to sign another out and out winger though and cover at CB. As has been touched on Adeyemi has changed the whole dynamic of the team and a real failing in Dickov to persevere with him considering he has been so anonymous and unable to get in the game, a real weak link unfortunately.

CF, Simpson, Kuqi, Reid

I see no reason to al;ter this, Kuqi needs to stay in the box or that area however as totally ineffective working too far away from his strike partner.

For me we need 3 or 4 signings to improve the squad and build again.

Despite the recent poor run I am convinced that we have improved on last season. Better runs in the cup and Ifeel that we have only bueen udone in the league due to injuries to our key players in Wes and Furman, they really do make us tick and we were at our best with them in the side together.

We will not be promotion contenders next season and people have far too high expectations of this club at the moment however keep the core together, bnukld on areas where we are weak (full back, CM and wing) and we will improve, that is good enough for me at the moment

Cisak, Bouzanis

Lee, M'Voto, Brown (if we can get him for a season), Tarky, Black, NEW LEFT BACK TO BE FIRST CHOICE

Furman, Weso, Morais, Winchester, Mellor, Taylor (if nobody signs the crock), M'Changama, Marsh-Brown (I know, I know!)

Simpson (reckon he fancies his chances elsewhere), Kuqi, A FOX IN THE BOX, ANOTHER FOX IN THE BOX, Bembo, Smith (if plan B involves something different!)

Anybody else, not fussed about. Prefer Nathan Clarke to Diamond if we can't get Brown. I seriously think we should consider playing with one winger and a more solid player on the other side of midfield. Not seen anything yet from Tonk or Bunn to justify a contract or loan deal next season. Would give Bembo another go. Not sure about Brooke.

Looking at that lot, there is no way we should still be looking over our shoulders at the bottom 4.

Edited by opinions4u

<br />DJ isnt fit and had a shocker of an injury that will take more time than he might get.<br /><br />Diamond isnt disliked hes just a bit reckless so picks up injuries. It can happen to anyone but he sort of goes looking for it. Haribo youve eaten too many mate... everyone differs on opinions. Black is ok but lacks something ...what I cant really say but suspect a few clubs have worked it out as been turned over on tactics frequently.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'm just struggling to see where we would get better than Black? Solid at this level and just a bit cinfused as to what people are expecting. If there were viable alternative suggestions then I am all for improving in that area, its just that nobody can seem to come forward with any despite saying we need to get rid.

Alright having an opinion but back it up

I still think we should have kept Joe Jacobsen.

Left back has been a weakness that has been exploited by most of our opponents, whoever has played there.

Fair enough, I don't know who should be brought in to strengthen it, but there can't be many fans who want to leave things as is there.

Unless something changes of the next few games Diallo isn't the option. He has the pace of a wardrobe.

<br />I still think we should have kept Joe Jacobsen.<br /><br />Left back has been a weakness that has been exploited by most of our opponents, whoever has played there.<br /><br />Fair enough, I don't know <i>who</i> should be brought in to strengthen it, but there can't be many fans who want to leave things as is there.<br /><br />Unless something changes of the next few games Diallo isn't the option.  He has the pace of a wardrobe.<br />

I hate to dredge up ex tics but Andy Holt for me is ideal there, someone like that. I don't think that LB is our biggest worry though is it? Lets face it, we aren't shipping many goals and the ones we do are by and large silly set pieces!

I dont see many away games, but whats noticable when teams come to BP is that the first thing they do is target Black at LB...

Its partly down to being up against one of the best fullbacks in the league on the right side but its also because Blacks positional play is poor, i've noticed loads of times that the CB has to go over and cover him, leaving big gaps in the centre.

Can we do better on our budget, i dont know? I thought we already had in Diallo, but im not convinced he's the answer!

I dont see many away games, but whats noticable when teams come to BP is that the first thing they do is target Black at LB...

Its partly down to being up against one of the best fullbacks in the league on the right side but its also because Blacks positional play is poor, i've noticed loads of times that the CB has to go over and cover him, leaving big gaps in the centre.

Can we do better on our budget, i dont know? I thought we already had in Diallo, but im not convinced he's the answer!

However, Diallo and Mellor when defending have moved inside quite often, resulting in one right-back and 3 centre-backs and no one out left so we get targetted that way.