Season Ticket Prices Frozen

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10337~2723894,00.html

You've got until 11th May to take advantage of the lover rate. Some long, hard thinking to do. I like the Tenner offer for kids but I think more should be offered to those renewing, let's face it for 3 1/2 seasons it's been absolutely :censored: at home.

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive pat on the back for the club freezing the prices again and introducing an absolutely fantastic offer for under 16's, making it very affordable for families.

However, a massive big :petesake: for the May 11th deadline.

Agree Carl, first Friday in June, payday would be more appropriate. The deadline like last year is not long after Easter and the May Bank Holiday.

As the price has been frozen the cost is no longer the biggest issue, it's the fact whether I can be arsed watching a team that has had the following record at home since November 2008, I've had a season ticket except for one year since 2002. (And a few for a few years before that)

League:

P82 W26 D27 L29 F91 A101

FAILED TO SCORE: 31

Edited by oafcprozac

Firstly, I totally support the Golden Ticket initiative. There was no moaning from me. BUT... the club said they were thinking of some sort of compensation for ST holders. Where is this? If offers like this come about in the future then it defeats the point of my ST being value for money.

Oh and I also agree that the deadline sucks.

Edited by Jac

Massive pat on the back for the club freezing the prices again and introducing an absolutely fantastic offer for under 16's, making it very affordable for families.

However, a massive big :petesake: for the May 11th deadline.

Same here, I go on holiday on 17th May so if I do get 1 it looks like I'll be doing the 3 month deal.

I agree to an extent about a pat on the back for freezing prices but we are still left to wait to find out what compo ST holders get following on from the Willy Wonka offer.

I think knocking say £50 off for existing ST holders to renew would have kept most happy, instead I see they are still promoting the bury/dogdale 'offer' as a perk.

Also whilst the £10 junior ticket looks great offer and may encourage more families to attend (which is no bad thing), I think they could have say made it £50 which IMO would still be great value for money and this would have helped cover the cost of appeasing the current ST holders.

He's giving under 16's a full season for just £10, possibly introducing a new generation of fans, securing the future of the club and you still moan. This could potentially put another 2-3 thousand on the crowd if advertised well enough.

Agree, this should really be advertised and pushed. Its a great offer. U16s latics fans should really push this and try to convince their mates to get a ST.

He's giving under 16's a full season for just £10, possibly introducing a new generation of fans, securing the future of the club and you still moan. This could potentially put another 2-3 thousand on the crowd if advertised well enough.

That would be the hope but how many of these will have their United/City shirts on when they come??????

haha i know that! but are kids who are 15/16 who paid £10 for a season ticket going to pay £300+ the year after?!

£50 for an under 16 season ticket is still very good value

F*** a duck. Will people grumble about anything? Are they going to pay 250 quid extra the year after?

I think the tenner scheme is designed to be aimed at those a bit younger than 15 anyway.

Crap, I can't afford to pay £20 every week.

£183 for an u19 ST in the Chaddy, or get an unmarketed student membership card for something like £13 at start of season, then you can get in for £9 on the gate each week. That's what I used to do!

F*** a duck. Will people grumble about anything? Are they going to pay 250 quid extra the year after?

I think the tenner scheme is designed to be aimed at those a bit younger than 15 anyway.

I'm not grumbling... I appreciate that Corney is trying to do whats best for the club although I think he might have been to nice & lost out on important funds for next season.

I see what you mean I'm glad for that but most people will look at it and think "whats in this for me?" I wish there was something for those of us who can't make every game, but there isn't, that's life

I'm not grumbling... I appreciate that Corney is trying to do whats best for the club although I think he might have been to nice & lost out on important funds for next season.

Genuine question, how many Boundary Blues members are there?

I still think more should be done for the unemployed, and those under 21 should ALL qualify for the intermediary offer. Not just students. Shooting ourselves in the foot there. The £10 is a great offer, and even of I don't get a ST myself, I'll definitely be getting my two a ticket.

I see what you mean I'm glad for that but most people will look at it and think "whats in this for me?" I wish there was something for those of us who can't make every game, but there isn't, that's life

We pay on the gate and can pick and choose our games, that's what's in it for us.

The club has no obligation/reason to make things cheaper for those who would go anyway. The Bradford-like offers are good but would people really turn up more, or just pay less to turn up the same amount? If it's the latter then there's no benefit to the club to run such an offer.