If you won £100,000,000 on the Euro millions. . .

How much if any would go to Latics, and what would you have latics spent the money on

Just wondering like

You could have some fun with that but would not got any return by "investing" in Latics!

£100 mil is plenty to never have to work again, so Latics would become my day to day work and I would spend £20m.

I would redevelop the ground and make enough money available for signings to get us out of this crap division!

I would also offer 5 year season tickets for £500 to get the crowds back in!

If only!!!

Being the sucker that i am, i'd invest in the club somehow. I don't think i'd like to take full control but invest and take a stake in the club. I'd provide money to re-develop the ground and not do it on the cheap. I'd also do a reduced price season ticket for a couple of seasons, not by a crazy amount but enough so if or when the ST prices went back up to a dearer price the jump wouldn't be significant enough so people would not renew as they are hooked again (hopefully by then the club would be in a higher league! ha so a higher price would make no matter). I'd also pay off the personal debt to Blitz et al. and get that out of the way so the club is truly debt free and just paying running costs, which will hopefully be supplemented to some degree by all the non-football ventures/business in the re-developed stands. I'd like to think this is somewhat affordable with the money won but if it isn't i'd hope to have some impact with it.

Come to think of it I'd firstly sort family and some friends out first, put 10 Million aside for myself and just spend the rest in such ways as the above. I'd also like to spend some money on the rugby too, give them money to build a ground or at least to part fund a new one and get them in the Super League

£15m on wine, women, cars and property.

£5m for the family.

Let TTA retain a 10% share of the football business after they've given up all ownership of Latics and associated land and companies to me for 1p. Guarantee them a £300k pa income from 2018 for 20 years to repay Blitz's capital in addition to any dividends paid from my soon to be profitable football club.

£20m to tart up Boundary Park including sustainable facilities for non-football income generation, community facilities and multi-storey car park for match day and hospital use.

£5m to underwrite cheap season tickets for 3 seasons to grow fan base. Free season tickets to all kids reaching 8 years old and the adult of their choice. Repeated every year to get all 8 year olds hooked!

£10m to invest in the playing side over 5 seasons.

£45m invested long term (minimum 20% in the local economy) to generate an income of £1.3m from 2018, indexed annually, to supplement the sound business model grown from the above. An additional 10% a decade to be withdrawn to fund stadium enhancements after 2027.

That should bring a chance of success and sustainability.

Edited by opinions4u

How about next home game donating a euro millions ticket to the club for the following draw 1000 or so tickets you never know!!! lol

Only if the club spend the money on ground redevelopment and players first though mind.

If I won I would build a new main stand and ensure there is an infrastructure to earn cash all year round for the club.

And a few million for squad redevelopment and funding cheaper tickets.

I would set up the best youth academy in the business, also recruit some 'stars of the future'.

Make BP a worthwhile matchday experience by improving the antiquated facilities.

And of course I would treat my OTWB friends to free season tickets (you had all better be nice to me now just in case :grin:)

I'd buy it - then look for other investment, preferably from someone who has football exeperience. I'm not a businessman, I don't know real market values for Land, rates, building work etc. What I do have is a love for the club and visions of what I want to see.

The other investment does not need to be financial. Someone like John Wardle ex city deputy chairman is very well respected. The first thing to do in my opinion is to get people in who know more than you do. Thats how you learn.

Thats what TTA haven't done. Thats where most people go wrong.

Edited by pukka

Id employ a team of business executives to form a holding company, give them 70 million to spend developing bp and its surroundings as a real attraction for the town throughout the year, one which is profitable and can fund the football club, and then on that board of directors have a real respected figure in football who would use his knowledge to get us up the bleeding leagues. one things for sure i wouldnt just pump 20 million into the playing squad and hope for the best

I'd move the club lock, stock 50 miles away to Penrith where there's a huge catchment area, people with a positive outlook and I'd rename the club to be called Penrith Latics. Then I'd build a 50,000 seater white elephant and sit there in the directors box eating swans.

Burp.

How much if any would go to Latics, and what would you have latics spent the money on

Just wondering like

Would negotiate a plan to pay off TTA debts and negotiate the purchase of the stadium and adjacent land from Brassbank to secure our future.

Install a vibrant, top-management structure that a progressive, ambitious, commercially-forward thinking football club demands.

Introduce exciting people with a proven track record in the running of a successful club and local businesses. Build on recent improvements on the commercial side by enhancing the marketing strategy, increasing Oldham Athletic's visibility in the wider area thus increasing our share of the market attracting disenchanted/ lapsed fans to return without needing to lambast or beg them.

Improve the experience of corporate clients with more professionally presented, more attractive/ lavish hospitality packages available as we progress through the leagues with for example: exclusive corporate gifts, matchday events ex legend players invited/ paid to appear as hosts in sponsor suites etc. Hosting local business and personal events, weddings etc with accommodation packages via the new hotel attached to the stadium (okay...okay...)or - in the meantime, via an agreement struck with The Clayton Green.

Push ahead with a re-development of BP with conferencing facilities, lunching facilities in Wetherspoon style bars with TV's, upgraded fans take-away snack facilities with some kind of museum or themed areas paying homage to past managers, captains, players and fans in various places around the ground. "Build it and they will come". Sponsors will *hopefully* follow our new, positive ethos and contribute to the costs.

Provide Paul Dickov with a £3million playing/ coaching budget and a mandate to get us up in 2-3 years showing progress year-on-year using realistic, pre-agreed objectives and visible indicators.

Tarmac the car park!! *

Cost? Not sure but you did ask Phil!!

*Other road surfaces are available.

I'd move the club lock, stock 50 miles away to Penrith where there's a huge catchment area, people with a positive outlook and I'd rename the club to be called Penrith Latics. Then I'd build a 50,000 seater white elephant and sit there in the directors box eating swans.

Burp.

You have Darlington albeit a little smaller as a role model. :wink:

Edited by BP1960

I'd buy Spotland, flatten it and build a statue of myself wearing a hard hat, holding a sledge hammer with an Owl perched on top of it

I'd buy Eastlands, flatten it and build a statue of myself pissing gold coins out of my large manhood. With an owl perched on it, plus a clip of me laughing on loop through the biggest speakers you have never seen. Next to a machine that blocked out the sun.