i like the theory of a protest against a three sided stadium, i get the feeling simon corney sits around with his thumb up his backside all day doing nothing. on Saturday 30 people will walk slowly to the ground and he will think :censored: i should do something about this stadium i hadnt realised people were upset.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing ive been bothered about lately is the stewards and the way we've been treated in the rocky, but other people suggested them, when i said we should do something about it, i understand a march is a big thing and it wouldnt work, but on facebook a few people created it

if you dont sit in the rocky about the stewards then you wont know what were talking about, on numourous occasions fans have been thrown out of a game for standing up... if you dont want to protest i understand, but we want to be listened too in the rocky, because we're sick of being ordered about

Standing up in front of someone sat down is a selfish act, please show some consideration for the health and safety of others and abide by the rules, they are regulations which apply to all clubs with seating - not just appicable to Oldham Athletic.

they shud make a 'standing section so no-one is sat behind someone stood up. it does seem ott to threaten people with being thrown out for creating atmosphere especially when most games being tellivised nowadays have the majority of fans stood up singing , uk or european !

they shud make a 'standing section so no-one is sat behind someone stood up. it does seem ott to threaten people with being thrown out for creating atmosphere especially when most games being tellivised nowadays have the majority of fans stood up singing , uk or european !

Thus breaking football league rules of having an all-seater stadium and actually risking a fine from the football league/FA over the issue.

(That probably is extreme, however that is the possibility and is why stewards must enforce the rules and make people sit down, unfortunately)

I always sit in the RRE and have never had an issue with stewards. But i do what the the law tells me i have to, i sit down. There's no point protesting about the ground at the moment, they aren't going to start any work during the season and there is undoubtedly a long way to go before any work can even me planned.I'm not a ST holder but the tone from most seems to have been positive about the golden ticket scheme. It's the players that let you down there.

I assumed from the thread title that this was a response to the annual rumour that the stewards hadn't been paid. That (if there was any truth in it) would be something worth protesting over. But protesting at the stewards doing their job, thereby ensuring that everyone can see the match, that the club doesn't incur a fine and that the ground's safety certificate isn't revoked? Just daft and embarrassing.

were not protesting, it was a suggestion by someone and got told to put it on here, ive changed it now is to get everyone to stand up in the rocky or whoever else is going to join in, thought it was a bit much a march + we wouldnt have enough people, my idea is just to get everyone to stand up and not sit down

So while you and your mates are standing up have you thought for one minute about the people in wheelchairs who only have certain positions to view the game ? Do you think they will be looking forward to staring at the back of your heads for 90 minutes on Saturday ? I also see no reason why you should wind other supporters up by blocking their view just so you can kick up a fuss when all the stewards are doing is applying the laws of the land.

Get a grip and start a dialogue with Barry, not sure how far it will get you because Latics are not making these rules only carrying them out. Taking up Barry's offer is better than getting on fellow supporters nerves.

Just found the story below about 2 Arsenal fans, it just shows things can get out of hand and do you really want a banning order ?

http://www.london24.com/news/court/arsenal_fans_banned_from_the_emirates_stadium_and_all_football_after_refusing_to_sit_down_1_1338148

Edited by drphibes

There's one steward in particular in the rre that gets right on my tits, it's only for the fact I don't want to be thrown out that I havnt told him what a :censored: he is.

I stood at the top of the stand for about 40 seconds last week, just waiting for the ht whistle so I could go the toilet, he turns to me and says "your blocking the walk way either get to your seat or move away from me". I'm sorry but if anyone's blocking the walkway it's him ! He's about 20+ stone !

In my opinion there's no need to talk to people like that, the arrogant :censored:!

Sorry, just annoys me.

There's one steward in particular in the rre that gets right on my tits, it's only for the fact I don't want to be thrown out that I havnt told him what a :censored: he is.

I stood at the top of the stand for about 40 seconds last week, just waiting for the ht whistle so I could go the toilet, he turns to me and says "your blocking the walk way either get to your seat or move away from me". I'm sorry but if anyone's blocking the walkway it's him ! He's about 20+ stone !

In my opinion there's no need to talk to people like that, the arrogant :censored:!

Sorry, just annoys me.

Is that the same fella who's given the important role of banging on the shutters to open the bar when the half time whistle blows? He revels in his power that one.

Is that the same fella who's given the important role of banging on the shutters to open the bar when the half time whistle blows? He revels in his power that one.

Pretty sure it is aye. Think he needs to remember he's just a steward at the end of the day.

Maybe you should protest his employment, or do the stand up and face away thing. Everyone in RRE stand up and turn away from him, just to show you are unhappy his stewardship.

That'd make him feel even more important ;~)

I'm four hours away from winning a megaphone on ebay.

I bid £35 for it in a drunken stupor at the weekend.

You can buy it off me for your protest if I win it.

I'll only use it for shouting at cats.

We've 2 or 3 at work we don't use now - i'll sell you one for £34.99 plus P&P - though it will have the anti-cat filter so you might not want it?

In fairness though, I hate sitting down at the football. And it kills any atmosphere.

We English football supporters too readily accept any :censored: that's thrown at us. Ridiculous ticket prices, being ordered to sit down, etc. It's no wonder British football atmospheres are so crap.