42 games 8 goals I think I read somewhere, that alone is enough to say he should be gone. Strikers target 1 in 3 at the very least, tubby, slow, lazy, always offside and apart from 1 or 2 games awful. At the start of the season he looked like he might be dangerous but he didn't once Kuqi came in, lest we forget when he went off v MK we ripped them apart.

42 games 8 goals I think I read somewhere, that alone is enough to say he should be gone. Strikers target 1 in 3 at the very least, tubby, slow, lazy, always offside and apart from 1 or 2 games awful. At the start of the season he looked like he might be dangerous but he didn't once Kuqi came in, lest we forget when he went off v MK we ripped them apart.

It would be interesting to know how many of those were penalties?

In shape or not, he's gash. Even when he had a good run of form early this season, I wasn't that impressed (admittedly on limited viewing). A striker who amost never scores from open play - good riddance.

its seems Wellback can get in the England squad doing the same

its seems Wellback can get in the England squad doing the same

Yeah, cause Rubes never tracked back to win the ball back, play a subline pass and go and cooly draw the keeper and chip the ball into the back of the net.

Its all down to opinions, Wellbecks performance for England aganist Belgium was the makings of a good player.

Next

Yeah, cause Rubes never tracked back to win the ball back, play a subline pass and go and cooly draw the keeper and chip the ball into the back of the net.

Its all down to opinions, Wellbecks performance for England aganist Belgium was the makings of a good player.

Next

yes he scored in a friendly and it was a very good goal!

but if tracking back and not scoring regulary for your club gets you a cap then alot of players should be turning out for their country

and he is the "makings of a good player" is he?

do you win tournamnets with good players or the "makings of a good player" when he is made into a good player call him up then ffs!

Next

but if tracking back and not scoring regulary for your club gets you a cap then alot of players should be turning out for their country

do you win tournamnets with good players or the "makings of a good player" when he is made into a good player call him up then ffs!

Next

So whats you point, some other players in the England team have the makings of a good player, they arent going to progress if they dont get international experience.

Your lack of sence is summed by your "FFS comment".

Plus he stats are pretty good to say he hasnt been a regular, 98 appearences with 25 goals.

Edited by Lukers1

Welbeck being in the squad, heck; close to starting shows the void in class between Rooney and our next best strikers.

On ability, achievements & club form, he should be nowhere near the side IMO.....but by that token, neither should Sturidge, or Carroll.

It just shows that we're just not producing enough quality players. The likes of Rooney are the exceptions; not the norm.

So whats you point, some other players in the England team have the makings of a good player, they arent going to progress if they dont get international experience.

Your lack of sence is summed by your "FFS comment".

Plus he stats are pretty good to say he hasnt been a regular, 98 appearences with 25 goals.

you shouldnt be in the England squad if you are not a good player already

you dont get in if you are nearly good enough or might be good enough in the future

your lack of sense is summed by the fact you would have players who are not good enough going to a tournament in the hope that they might improve if they play - that why and i wrote "ffs" because i thought you were talking :censored:

Edited by palmer1

you shouldnt be in the England squad if you are not a good player already

you dont get in if you are nearly good enough or might be good enough in the future

your lack of sense is summed by the fact you would have players who are not good enough going to a tournament in the hope that they might improve if they play - that why and i wrote "ffs" because i thought you were talking :censored:

Why are you so aggresive?

• 2 weeks later...

Think he proved himself last night.

Get yourself a napkin Mr Angry, you have just beeh served....

Next

Think he proved himself last night.

Get yourself a napkin Mr Angry, you have just beeh served....

:laught30:

I have obviously touched a nerve with you? Mr Angry? maybe...sometimes

so like you I was so happy when Welbeck scored last night and England won the Euros - oh wait a minute.........

Q. Walcott, Carroll, and Welbeck? besides scoring last night what have they got in common

A. Nobody believes thay are good enough to play for England on a consistent basis as they are not world class and generally are not good enough

Wellbeck worked very hard and scored a goal - did he mean the back heel...very debatable

Sweden are a poor outfit who we should be beating and scoring against

did he prove himself against France??? NO!

will he do it against Italy or Spain??? hope so but doubt it?

he is an England international by association

I was very chuffed last night but keep serving Im still hungry!!!!! :ass1:

I thought Wellbeck played very well vs France considering the way we lined up and the tactics used. Thought he was much less effective vs Sweden until the goal. Think he has a good future.

Was very impressed with Carroll as a target man last night, from what I have seen when he has played for England he has given the ball away very few times and has been able to bring others in to the game.

Frustrating players for me were Milner and Scott Parker. Taking too long on the ball when there was a simple pass on.

I thought Wellbeck played very well vs France considering the way we lined up and the tactics used. Thought he was much less effective vs Sweden until the goal. Think he has a good future.

Was very impressed with Carroll as a target man last night, from what I have seen when he has played for England he has given the ball away very few times and has been able to bring others in to the game.

Frustrating players for me were Milner and Scott Parker. Taking too long on the ball when there was a simple pass on.

Milner should never be allowed to wear an England shirt again after the :censored: he served up last night.

:censored:ing rubbish!

:laught30:

I have obviously touched a nerve with you? Mr Angry? maybe...sometimes

so like you I was so happy when Welbeck scored last night and England won the Euros - oh wait a minute.........

Q. Walcott, Carroll, and Welbeck? besides scoring last night what have they got in common

A. Nobody believes thay are good enough to play for England on a consistent basis as they are not world class and generally are not good enough

Wellbeck worked very hard and scored a goal - did he mean the back heel...very debatable

Sweden are a poor outfit who we should be beating and scoring against

did he prove himself against France??? NO!

will he do it against Italy or Spain??? hope so but doubt it?

he is an England international by association

I was very chuffed last night but keep serving Im still hungry!!!!!

I was in Belfast last night when he scored the winner, i bet yer beer tasted sweeter....

Although I struggle to read yout posts , it seems we are on an even keel.

Maybe in so far as we played with a target man, but I don't think we will get anywhere playing that approach. If we are going to be banging balls at his head they need to be coming at least from some sort of an angle if not sideways. OK with the odd hoof to him in times of need but it's not working as a regular tatic.

Wellbeck is a good player and will improve with every international game he plays in.

His goal, no way is it debatable Palmer, i saw him score a goal like that for Preston

i saw Miliigan score one even better than that against City

i think he just hoped to get any part of his body on it! did he mean to back heel it?....maybe but could have just been luck, debatable

Edited by palmer1