I have mentioned it on the board elsewhere but I am interested to know what peoples views are on the subject

both players are out of contract at the end of the season

both have been with the club a decent amount of years for players in todays game - one started his career here

both could make at a higher level but only time will tell

both could leave for free at the end of the season and move leaving us with nothing

one of them is viewed as - well if he doesnt want to be here he can go, he is :censored:, not good enough, lazy, soft ,not loyal

the other is viewed as - golden boy, fantastic full back, lets try him in midfield, player of the season, best defender at the club

can someone tell me the difference between the 2 - why one is :censored: on and the other is loved?

personally i want both of them to stay

Taylor has been poor but he still plays his heart out scores the odd goal, is double marked most games but the ability is there if we can get him going again -i also think he will make it in the championship

Lee has had a good season, he is steady at fulback needs to improve his positioning and overall defending, going forward he is superb and love to see him run with the ball, works his socks off - another 12 months he could be a championship full back but he needs to improve

I think Taylor has looked very jaded this season, however on his day car be very dangerous hence double marking. I would like him to stay on, I think we have now gone passed the point were we can get any money for him. After this season, I can't see him being picked up for the championship. So I would give him a one year extension (if he will take it) or risk seeing playing against us next year and banging in a few against us which knowing us, he will do!

Lee is clearly one of our best players, and has tonnes of potential, we NEED to keep him on next year, fullback or midfield, I don't really care so long as he stays!

Lee hasn't expressed his desire to leave us, yet. Taylor has.

this has be going on for months and months because fans knew he was out of contract

long before Taylor said recently he doesnt want to leave but feels he must to play at a better level (also Corney in the cron about a month gao)

maybe i should ask

if they both leave at the season end for free out of contract to championship clubs

why will one go with good wishes and the other not ?

(i undersatand not everyone feels that way)

i don't agree with this why one and not the other thing but

taylor..brought up by oldham,coached,then given his chance so you could argue that oldham invested in him so would want something back

lee,came on a free had a couple of good seasons then left,nothing lost nothing gained

Taylor has gone backwards in his ability since 5 years ago when he was loved and was ripping full backs a new one every week. He roles around on the floor at any opportunity and is constantly whining. You never know what Taylor is going to turn up.

Lee has got better and better and is consitantly good. He just gets on with his job and does it well most weeks. No Whinging, no diving, not annoying!!!

I would still like to keep both

Edited by NIKI1234

i don't agree with this why one and not the other thing but

taylor..brought up by oldham,coached,then given his chance so you could argue that oldham invested in him so would want something back

lee,came on a free had a couple of good seasons then left,nothing lost nothing gained

Playing Devil's advocate, I would argue the opposite, Taylor stuck with the club when offers came in for him to move up a division but reached a point where he concluded that the club's ambition didn't match his own. If Lee goes, he will have jumped ship at the first opportunity as soon as something better came along.

I think it is unfair to say that Taylor said he wants to leave the club and Lee didn't either. The club announced that Taylor wants to leave, he simple came out and defended himself. We have no way of knowing what any of the other players have also said behind closed doors that has not been handed over to the press.

Personally, I hope that both stay but I will have no complaints with either of them if they decide to move on. Unfortunately that's the world we now live in where players will move on if it is the best thing for their careers. I think we should applaud Taylor for not doing it earlier rather than slating him for doing it now.

the sad thing is has KL outscored Taylor this season?? or do they both have 2 each?

Anyway Lee has steadily improved gives us a good outlet of the right - capable on the ball and fairly solid at the back although hes not the greatest tackler hes steady enough.

Taylor played on the left where he has been found out sadly hes gone backwards even from last season, doesn't have the pace or a trick to buy himself a yard so unless hes inform he wont cross with his left. Making it rather easy for his fullback. His best games this season have been when played off the front man. He might come good in a team with a more attacking options but i think hes done all he can here. If he stays i wont be disappointed hes OK at this level. But id play him wide right (assuming simpson stays) and see if he can pick up some form

Playing Devil's advocate, I would argue the opposite, Taylor stuck with the club when offers came in for him to move up a division but reached a point where he concluded that the club's ambition didn't match his own. If Lee goes, he will have jumped ship at the first opportunity as soon as something better came along.

I think it is unfair to say that Taylor said he wants to leave the club and Lee didn't either. The club announced that Taylor wants to leave, he simple came out and defended himself. We have no way of knowing what any of the other players have also said behind closed doors that has not been handed over to the press.

Personally, I hope that both stay but I will have no complaints with either of them if they decide to move on. Unfortunately that's the world we now live in where players will move on if it is the best thing for their careers. I think we should applaud Taylor for not doing it earlier rather than slating him for doing it now.

I actually agree with you on the Taylor front, He has definitely stuck by us and yes I do think he deserves a shot in a better squad, I just can't see many championship sides going for him at the moment, more like top end league one perhaps?

Difference is Taylor-boo boy, Lee-golden boy, how anyone can see Taylor as being unloyal is beyond madnass. He has rejected offers from Championship clubs, but of course that must have been part of his master to leave on a free. Some argue he should sign then be bought, but clubs at this level aren't buying and there will be potentially 1,500 free players in the summer.

Difference is Taylor-boo boy, Lee-golden boy, how anyone can see Taylor as being unloyal is beyond madnass. He has rejected offers from Championship clubs, but of course that must have been part of his master to leave on a free. Some argue he should sign then be bought, but clubs at this level aren't buying and there will be potentially 1,500 free players in the summer.

Of course this is his first opportunity to leave with the fee in his pocket. Well all of the fee that is providing he hadn't asked for a move away whilst under contract. This time it's his ambition...ok Chris!

I would keep them both - but would keep Lee over Taylor if we can only have 1 of them.

I feel Taylor has stagnated and not had a good season - good luck to him as if he goes elsewhere.

Lee is a quality player and very consistent and a great attacking full back for this level, I feel he could easily make the step up so if we keep him its a great positive for us. Taylor I am unsure about making the step up but for whatever reason we dont seem to get the best out of him any more, maybe a change would do both us and him the world of good?

Those rightly pointing out that this is the first occasion where he is out of contract and we won't receive a fee for him (probably improving his benefits of leaving). Are IMHO not considering that its the first time where we haven't had the obvious capabilities of getting into the Championship. Taylor signed his current contract on the 18th of March 2009, we were 8th and were still to play Tranmere when it was Joe Royle's first game in charge of his second spell. Although I don't know him on a personal level (unlike some on here) it is reasonably clear to me that Chris Taylor's first choice Championship club would be Oldham Athletic. Taylor and Lee are both in a similar position- they are both capable of finding regular Championship football, if we had been closer to promotion they will have been more likely to have stayed. We aren't so I won't be surprised if we loose both of them over the summer to clubs in the Championship and I'm fairly confident I'm not the only one who wishes them all the success possible if they do go to a Championship club.

Where's this idea coming from that Taylor will be good enough for the Championship, of course he's been one of the best players in the team since he broke through into the first team years back but on current form he just is nowhere near the Championship level. Not standing out in a low League 1 team isn't exactly Championship credentials. Maybe next season he will come good again if he moves on but this season just shows no sign of Championship ability.

Anyone who has ever seen CT play on a bigger pitch against 'better' opposition should be in absolutely no doubt that he will easily be able to make the step-up to the Championship.

This season alone, the way he played at Anfield should prove that point. Not being double marked ans with time & space; he troubled an International quality full-back. At Deepdale he showed again when given that bit more space a bigger pitch affords you; and not being double or triple marked, he's a class apart at this level.

He will easily make the step to the Championship.

That or the SPL (not old firm but top 4/5) is a level he will easily be able to play at.

........but, there will always be the haters who will maintain that Taylor is :censored:e. Strange.

Neither will be here on July 1st......no real debate to be had....good luck to both lads!

Hmm, you've got inside knowledge if I recall so I am disappointed to hear that Kieran is offski. Don't blame the lad, if I was offered the chance to go onto better things I wouldn't be sat at my desk past 5.