New Coach?

According to the rarely there could be a coaching shake up for next season....Corney is set for a meeting with Dickov to discuss the way forward. Could this affect the future of Taggart or more importantly Dickov himself?

If Taggart's role comes in to question it's a possibility that they could both walk away!!

Also Jack Laird and Ryan Burns have gone out on trial to Tranmere and Scunthorpe respectively....I hope we haven't dropped a bollock with these two!

It is believed a new figure on the training ground will be sounded out to aid the team's preparations ahead of next season. It remains to be seen how Dickov would greet such a step.

This sounds like what we have been calling for, a senior head. Though I imagine Mike Newton's CV will be first on the desk..

Income from TV is down £200k.

Income from season tickets will be lower.

The fans that have paid want to see the best possible players.

So cutting back on the coaching side will be one option to look at.

Lose a coach. Three or four fewer yoofs on a contract. Cut back on squad size slightly.

Always cuts, never investment.

Income from TV is down £200k.

Income from season tickets will be lower.

The fans that have paid want to see the best possible players.

So cutting back on the coaching side will be one option to look at.

Lose a coach. Three or four fewer yoofs on a contract. Cut back on squad size slightly.

Always cuts, never investment.

Perhaps I should read the rag first next time ...

According to the rarely there could be a coaching shake up for next season....Corney is set for a meeting with Dickov to discuss the way forward. Could this affect the future of Taggart or more importantly Dickov himself?

If Taggart's role comes in to question it's a possibility that they could both walk away!!

Also Jack Laird and Ryan Burns have gone out on trial to Tranmere and Scunthorpe respectively....I hope we haven't dropped a bollock with these two!

\

IMHO we have dropped a massive bollock with Burns, not so sure about Laird, he's quick but very slight. If it's true what we've heard though, two or three of the lads released should not have been. The mentality around the boardroom supposedly is that if they're not able to make an immediate impact no point signing them on. That's so, so wrong. Burns made his debut at Swindon and Parkes was involved at Hartlepool and sent out on loan to gain experience, it stinks!

About time, if I had performed so :censored:e for my employer, I would expect to have a meeting to discuss how to improve.

Its obvious he has potential but he needs help, if he decides to walk cause Taggert gets moved on then fair do's.

As soon as a saw this thread, his name popped into my head!!

Since his "head" was seen again at BP, we have nose dived down the league.What does he do?? What does he want out of OAFC??What does he bring to the table?? Infact who asked him back??. Everybody else has got rid, even us last year!

How can we judge the coaches' performances unless you've seen them train the players it is impossible to say, many assume Taggart is useless yet he was highly respected at Leicester. Duxbury has been here since Shez and was seemingly ignored by Dangerous Dave, there were many a time when he came down with some notes and was motioned away. At first it seemed Dickov had brought him back into the fold, yet he seems to have been pushed away again.

One person who we can judge is Paul Butler seeing as we know his role, the players' aren't fit enough. I'd guess it is more a mental thing, though, as there have been times when the players have played well late on in a game before.

How can we judge the coaches' performances unless you've seen them train the players it is impossible to say, many assume Taggart is useless yet he was highly respected at Leicester. Duxbury has been here since Shez and was seemingly ignored by Dangerous Dave, there were many a time when he came down with some notes and was motioned away. At first it seemed Dickov had brought him back into the fold, yet he seems to have been pushed away again.

One person who we can judge is Paul Butler seeing as we know his role, the players' aren't fit enough. I'd guess it is more a mental thing, though, as there have been times when the players have played well late on in a game before.

Dux sits in the directors box at home games, I presume making notes as better view of the game in directors box and then reporting to PD at half-time.

From the Chron: “A chronic lack of goals and a repeated tendency to switch off defensively - added to a feeling that young players aren’t making progress - have led to the possibility of change.”

To me this would suggest that GT or Dux’s position is under threat, as the club can’t afford to bring in an additional coach. Whether PD would accept such changes to his coaching staff remains to be seen. If he doesn’t accept, could we see his departure by mutual consent?

Edited by Mark59

I've heard Derek Fazackerley is joining the coaching ranks.

If thats true, he would be ideal! he's exactly the type of 'mentor' or coach Dickov could benefit from having around the place, but surely he'd want a hefty wage?