Dalglish Gone

Martinez, anyone?

Or Dickov?

The irony that major contributors to such a poor season for Liverpool like Carroll, Downing and Henderson (possibly) will be expected to perform for England at the Euros....

Edited by JoeP

Pays the price for spending a fortune on players who have, by & large, flopped and IMO, a more important factor - absolutely painstakingly awful Media handling.

The once ' media darlings' and the family club ethos have been lost in 1 season of King Kenny at the helm, and he only has himself to blame. He sactioned the stance, he answered all the questions & gave awful; spiteful interview after interview. It's his own fault he's been given the shove.

I'm a little surprised he wasn't shunted "upstairs" rather than sacked,him being a club legend n'all.On the other hand their owners are renowned for being ruthless with under performing coaches & bearing in mind the cash he's thrown away on average players without a return,Carling Cup aside,Dalglish himself can't be that surprised he's got the bullet.

Cue outpouring of anger and dismay on Merseyside and demands that all future Liverpool shirts should have his visage sewed into them. Hodgson must be laughing his socks off. Not only the sacking of the man who's presence undermined him, but on a good day to bury bad news this has deflected from the press's attack on his Euro squad selection,

It will be interesting to see what they do, there aren't any other real viable candidates. Any other club of about that size or position you'd say Benitez would be the best bet!

Due to the lack of options they will probably have to go for Rodgers/Lambert. I do feel either of them would end up getting the chop after a year or so but they're worth a whirl. I reckon though that Lambert can take Norwich further (if he doesn't go to Villa) towards Europe with the right acquisitions in the summer. There's something about Swansea I don't find convincing and I have a feel they may come down with second season syndrome next year.

The best appointment the owners could make - David Moyes. But try and poach him and all sorts of hell will break loose.

It will be interesting to see what they do, there aren't any other real viable candidates. Any other club of about that size or position you'd say Benitez would be the best bet!

Due to the lack of options they will probably have to go for Rodgers/Lambert. I do feel either of them would end up getting the chop after a year or so but they're worth a whirl. I reckon though that Lambert can take Norwich further (if he doesn't go to Villa) towards Europe with the right acquisitions in the summer. There's something about Swansea I don't find convincing and I have a feel they may come down with second season syndrome next year.

The best appointment the owners could make - David Moyes. But try and poach him and all sorts of hell will break loose.

The thing about Swansea is that, individually, none of the players are that great. The fact Rodgers has got them dominating possession against top Prem sides and getting the results to keep them in the top flight reasonably comfortably is testament to the job he's doing there. I think he's destined for a top job but perhaps it would be a mistake for him to take this poisoned chalice.

I'm a little surprised he wasn't shunted "upstairs" rather than sacked,him being a club legend n'all.On the other hand their owners are renowned for being ruthless with under performing coaches & bearing in mind the cash he's thrown away on average players without a return,Carling Cup aside,Dalglish himself can't be that surprised he's got the bullet.

My colleague is an ST holder at Anfield, they offered him the chance to go upstairs but he refused, hence the delay in him going yesterday.