Euros Prediction Game - IT'S ON - with prizes and benefit for PlayerShare

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how do the points work for the knockout games with the wrong teams?

eg. In QF 1 I have Russia 1 - 3 Netherlands, does this mean I get the points for the correct score if the actual quarter finishes Czech Rep 1 - 3 Portugal? Or is it game over for those of us with the wrong QF line up?

So how do the points work for the knockout games with the wrong teams?

eg. In QF 1 I have Russia 1 - 3 Netherlands, does this mean I get the points for the correct score if the actual quarter finishes Czech Rep 1 - 3 Portugal? Or is it game over for those of us with the wrong QF line up?

Excellent question.

i recon you will get points awarded as such

ie you predict russia 1 netherlands 3 you get no points awarded cos you didnt predict the correct teams to make the qf

you predict russia 1 portugal 3 you get points on any correct predictions made for portugal, but not for the russia goals cos that wasnt predicted correctly

you predict czech 1 portugal 3 you get points for both teams as you did in the group stages.

i also guess that you would score points for portugal regardless of which quarter final you predicted they will play in. ie you predicted they would finish top but they finished 2nd, hence they play in qf 1 instead of qf 2

This is all guesswork, but could be classed as a prediction, so if im right i want extra points!!!

Edited by philliggi

It works like this:

• you get 5 points for correctly predicting a team makes the QFs (regardless of placings);
  • you only get points for score predictions where you have a particular team playing in the correct QF;
  • if you predict one but not the other team in a particular tie, you will only score points based on the one correctly predicted team.

So, to score big points in the knock out stages, you need to have predicted the group placings correctly, so you can pick up points for the score predictions.

Let me know if this still doesn't make sense.

so If I have it right you could predict all eight teams in the quarters correctly, but if they all finished in different places (ie predicted 2nd and they finished 1st or vice versa) in the groups than you predicted, you will be low scoring?

just curious, i got 2 groups spot on, so happy days!

How about at the start of league 1 season we do a similar thing for playershare

*Predict all 46 Latics games on the same scoring basis as the group stages

* £5 Entry at the start of the season (£2.50 In the pot & £2.50 per entry to playshare)

Easy to run and we all knew the rules, plus we dont have to weekley enter scores as we would have done it start of season

Could also predict Latics top scorer, league top scorer, attendance similar to the prediction league on here and number of points we will get all season)

Just a thought

Deano

How about at the start of league 1 season we do a similar thing for playershare

*Predict all 46 Latics games on the same scoring basis as the group stages

* £5 Entry at the start of the season (£2.50 In the pot & £2.50 per entry to playshare)

Easy to run and we all knew the rules, plus we dont have to weekley enter scores as we would have done it start of season

Could also predict Latics top scorer, league top scorer, attendance similar to the prediction league on here and number of points we will get all season)

Just a thought

Deano

I think the week-to-week one is more popular as it has the banter and interaction... I know personally if I were to guess Latics' scores for the entire season I would not only be hopelessly wrong but also lose interest pretty damn quick.

Not to mention things change a lot more for teams playing in a 40+ game season than a (max) 6 game tournament.

All that said - we're constantly looking for ways to make OWTB more financially stable and to help out with Playershare - so if you have 'um, keep 'um coming!!

so If I have it right you could predict all eight teams in the quarters correctly, but if they all finished in different places (ie predicted 2nd and they finished 1st or vice versa) in the groups than you predicted, you will be low scoring?

just curious, i got 2 groups spot on, so happy days!

Yes. Although, I may need to fiddle with the final to ensure people get points based on finalists, even if they come from the wrong half of the draw.

I think the week-to-week one is more popular as it has the banter and interaction... I know personally if I were to guess Latics' scores for the entire season I would not only be hopelessly wrong but also lose interest pretty damn quick.

Not to mention things change a lot more for teams playing in a 40+ game season than a (max) 6 game tournament.

All that said - we're constantly looking for ways to make OWTB more financially stable and to help out with Playershare - so if you have 'um, keep 'um coming!!

Lol i didnt mean our goalscorers for each game at the start more just our top scorer for whole season mate lol be a nightmare amount of loan signing we make

just an idea. im not technically gifted so wouldnt know how to do it, but im sure it would be popular

http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?/topic/212660-the-official-league-1-fantasy-football-game-201213/

What, you mean nobody got any points for the Czech/Portugal game?

Pfft. Dowie out. Bloody rubbish, the lot of ya. Me included.

Could be a bit low-scoring tomorrow too as I don't think anyone had Greece to get through to the quarters.