Euros Prediction Game - IT'S ON - with prizes and benefit for PlayerShare

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bubble'll burst soon enough, I had Ireland to beat Italy to go through, England to beat Ireland on penalties in the quarters and Holland to get to the final. :petesake: I think my logic of "well no-one expected Ireland to beat Italy in 1994" overlooked the fact that they had Roy Keane, Denis Irwin and John Sheridan then, whereas one of their subs v Spain has just been released by Derby County.

Because I lost/mislaid/can't remember where I saved my predictions, every day's league table is a surprise. Sometimes a pleasant one. If I stay in 4th place, do I qualify for the Champions League?

I'll try and remember to send your spreadsheet back to you tomorrow.

I don't think I had them down to score a goal!

Had small e/w bets on Poland and Russia to win tournament, and the Polish lad - Ledowski or whatever - to win golden boot. : (

My mate went to last night's match. Bought the obligatory Polska replica shirt, face painted in red and white, got inside stadium and took his seat to find it was in the middle of 10,000 Czechs.

Did ANYONE predict Greece qualifying from the group stage?

Ahem. I did and only got the score wrong against Russia; 2-1 instead of 1-0. :first:

And I wouldn't have known that if Stevie_J hadn't sent my predictions back to me. Cheers Steve.

Crap. Crappy crap crap crap. Down to 5th, had to write the number 0 next to Ireland's name on the wallchart four times, and that bellend Keane's just reared his ugly head on ITV and both the remote and my crutches are out of reach. Bad planning on many, many levels.

I predict that i will definitely no longer be top after Monday night's games. :(

Do i get any points for this?