Season Tickets - Discount Price on Saturday

Good idea hopefully sell a few more. I wonder what happens to the fans that have paid full price though, cant imagine they will be to happy.

Doubt if there are many (or any) who have bought in the few weeks since the discount ended...

Good idea hopefully sell a few more. I wonder what happens to the fans that have paid full price though, cant imagine they will be to happy.

I can only assume none have paid full price Niki.

A big signing might boost sales.

Edited by BP1960

Doubt if there are many (or any) who have bought in the few weeks since the discount ended...

:sign0007:

Have we some kind of telepathy today Pete, we have been posting the same messages within minutes each other...could we be OWTB's equivilant of Keegan and Toshak ?

Can anyone really see the people of Oldham getting excited by the prospect of seeing **insert name here** and parting with their £300? Unless it was Beckham, Scholes, Maradona I can't see anyone excited by the level of player we could sign. I can't even get excited by the players we'd sign.

Even if they released the news that Wes, Simmo, Furman and Cisak have all committed to the club for the next 3 seasons I can't see that adding an extra season ticket sale. We need to be in the Championship to be even close to signing players that could excite a fan base.

http://www.oldhamath...2791057,00.html

Three hours on Saturday to get ST at the discount price...

Time to get the club shop opened and stocked up on the new shirts etc. Maybe have some samples of the new away shirt for people to have a butchers at to place pre-orders. Maybe even offer a small discount if you pre-order & pay for a new away shirt on Saturday?

Can anyone really see the people of Oldham getting excited by the prospect of seeing **insert name here** and parting with their £300? Unless it was Beckham, Scholes, Maradona I can't see anyone excited by the level of player we could sign. I can't even get excited by the players we'd sign.

Even if they released the news that Wes, Simmo, Furman and Cisak have all committed to the club for the next 3 seasons I can't see that adding an extra season ticket sale. We need to be in the Championship to be even close to signing players that could excite a fan base.

Clarence Seedorf is without a club, perhaps PD pesuaded him to sign while he was at the Old Trafford charity match the other day ? :grin:

Edited by BP1960

Great offer as in the past the club has been unresponsive to similar requests. But in the absence of clear ambition it will not work on me. No signings and a rotting ground - hardly the stuff to whet your appetite!

FFS, you could have put this in one of the various other threads over the last couple of months about "I'M NOT RENEWING BECAUSE............... whinge, whinge, whinge!!!"

If you are not renewing fine!

Next!

I think there could be an idea for the club to do this the last weekend before the season kick's off and announce they will be doing so far enough in advance to let people save up. Hopefully by then we'll have heard some news on the new stand (which Corney has apparently mentioned in an interview recently that he was hopeful of announcing something in the next 6-8 weeks), a couple of decent signings (hopefully) along with not losing anymore of our senior players and signs of the team looking okay in pre-season (I know you can never tell how well a team will do from pre=season) to generate a bit of a feel good factor round the club. Coupled with the fact that it will have been as long as possible since the end of last season some people will be itching to go football again, as most of us all do, with the struggles in the seond half of this season a slightly distant memeory (though not fully forgotten i'm sure).

That means they would sell none at all at the non-discount price......unworkable. The whole idea of getting the money in early is to help pay the players through the summer. The loss in revenue would be far too much for the club to absorb!

That means they would sell none at all at the non-discount price......unworkable. The whole idea of getting the money in early is to help pay the players through the summer. The loss in revenue would be far too much for the club to absorb!

Well that's what i thought but how much more do we sell at a non-discount price after the discount period? We've already sold the vast majority of season tickets we normally do at this point so there won't be too much damage done on being able to pay players wages if those that might be buying a non-discount ST wait for a 2nd discount period. I think it's worth the risk of losing that bit of extra money that we could get from those that are willing to pay full whack but then pay discounted prices against enticing back a number of fans who wern't going to renew or were still half and half but now have a bit of feel good feeling back about the club (down to a number of variables coming off i know) along with those that were going to renew anyway. The added discount period could be just the thing to push them over the edge and renew.

It maybe could be the difference to selling just another 100 season tickets at non discount to another 300 sold on top of what we already have. I'm not suggesting it is something the club should do regularly each season as, like you say, it could impact on the amount we sell early doors and thus our ability to pay players wages through the summer. But i reckon the main reason the club are doing the discount on Saturday is that they are down on adult season tickets (major source of money) from last year and have probably sold little, if any at all, from the end of the discount period to now. If there willing to do this now i see no reason to not add another as i suggested and, all things being good, gaining a number more ST holders than they bargained for.

All pie in the sky bollocks of course haha

Probably something to do with this 100k a yeear bill or whatever we gotta pay for a few years. Try and sell few more cheapo ST's so it doesn't hit the clubs finances as hard. Don't think we'll sell many, be lucky to reach high double figures, especially since they've announced it only a few days before. Could be hard for enough to be able to get the money together in such a short space.

I am sure the club will be vastly dissapointed with todays sales. Whatever they sold. I posted a few weeks back about deadline and dates re wages so thought good idea initially not knowing it was a bank hol, but even by latics standards on a double Bank holiday weekend is a strange one. Hardly think the people it is trying to attract will have a trip to Boundary Park high on list this morning. A shame but will be amazed if they sold 4.

Neil Joy said he's pleased with the amount sold in the sale.. No mention of the amount sold though!

Losing 2 of your best players without even a hint of who's going to replace them was never going to get fans clamouring to buy season tickets, discounted or not.

I'm normally a glass half full supporter but at the moment, I can see a long, hard season ahead of us.