• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked a different player 2nd half of last season!

He helped our player of the season out by tracking back a hell of a lot, generally worked his socks off and some of his free-kick deliveries were sublime!

I'd be gutted if he goes!

Very interested to know what some Latics fans think we are going to sign in the summer. Quite apart from the fact that Phil Morris is well worth a place given that he has some outstanding ability on the ball, a consistently good touch, the courage to play when we are struggling, a good shot and excellent dead ball delivery - I would suggest that we're more likely to end up with Josh Parker than Andy Liddle if we go shopping for replacements.

Not saying he hasn't got failings and he may throw in awful games every so often, but to compare him to Craig Dudley or Kevin Betsy? Bollocks to that.

Similar to the thread about Tonks - I do wonder what some people are looking for in their wanted list.

Why is Craig Dudley getting :censored: in this thread? Betsy I'll agree with, but Dudley kept this team up one season (when it was on its arse) and I can't ever see Morais being that much of a difference.

Despite the odd game here and there I must have seen a different Morais to his likers. He's alright, in a way that most bottom six of the table third division footballers are 'alright'.

Why is Craig Dudley getting :censored: in this thread? Betsy I'll agree with, but Dudley kept this team up one season (when it was on its arse) and I can't ever see Morais being that much of a difference

Despite the odd game here and there I must have seen a different Morais to his likers. He's alright, in a way that most bottom six of the table third division footballers are 'alright'.

Yeah.... You must of seen a different morais.

Why is Craig Dudley getting :censored: in this thread? Betsy I'll agree with, but Dudley kept this team up one season (when it was on its arse) and I can't ever see Morais being that much of a difference.

out of interest, did you attend many matches last season?

Its a small point, but i'd point to our throw-in's - and compare when Morais plays & when he doesn't.

He is the ONLY (copyright HallamBlue [!]) player who provides movement, looks to get free and actually provide an attacking forward impetus.

Morais's 1st thought is to attack, to go forward....and he's basically on his own with that in our side. Even Simpson at his best can slow play and look back or sideways in his links....morais is a different sort & his intensions are always to drive forward.

His delivery isn't as consistent as Liddel or Eyres granted, but that said he offers a different threat than they did.

He added workrate to his game in the second half of the season and - i have to say I'm with Vega on this.....i'm confused as to who people think we'd be able to easily replace Morais with?

I for one want him to re-sign, and would be pretty peed off if he leaves us this summer.

#underrated

Morais seems to play well towards the end of his contract. If we can maintain his end of season form, then happy to have him (if he signs), not sure if he will show the same effort though.

I think I saw his house for rent in Delph when i went to the White Lion on friday.

out of interest, did you attend many matches last season?

I'm not sure what many games are, but I attended 11 games last year. Other than Hartlepool the cheapest was about £60 (for a home game). I think I saw Morais in about eight of them.

NB. I may have overdone the Dudley effect. I do seem to remember him being the only guy we had playing well over a period of a couple of months when we were struggling - and would have been screwed if that wasn't the case.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I'm not sure what many games are, but I attended 11 games last year. Other than Hartlepool the cheapest was about £60 (for a home game). I think I saw Morais in about eight of them.

NB. I may have overdone the Dudley effect. I do seem to remember him being the only guy we had playing well over a period of a couple of months when we were struggling - and would have been screwed if that wasn't the case.

Well if you think morais is average even for a bottom 6 side yet Dudley was a good player, I sure am glad you ain't our scout!

Let's face it, neither are going to be our saviour. And I am sure as hell glad I ain't our scout otherwise we'd have been Halifax before Hailfax realised they were Hailfax.

But I've seen enough to know a bad player from a good one. And if Morais is a successful one I will be very surprised.

Back your reputation on it if you want? Go on! If Morais plays 20 games above this division in the next five years you win. If he doesn't, I win. Go for it!

Let's face it, neither are going to be our saviour. And I am sure as hell glad I ain't our scout otherwise we'd have been Halifax before Hailfax realised they were Hailfax

But I've seen enough to know a bad player from a good one. And if Morais is a successful one I will be very surprised.

Back your reputation on it if you want? Go on! If Morais plays 20 games above this division in the next five years you win. If he doesn't, I win. Go for it!

No because I don't think he's championship quality, especially at the age he is now.

But he's more than good enough for us... A lower league 1 side with a tiny budget. He could easily fit into a top half league 1 side.

• 2 weeks later...